BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

2 hours ago, Gav said:

We have an entire thread dedicated to sacking the manager with all the chief protagonists on here playing a leading role, maybe you missed that?

So that's just bunkum Asia.

It's 1 loss in 3 months, YES 3 @#/? MONTHS, and the knee jerkers are out in force.

EMBARRASSING.

Exactly Gav. 

Just put this game behind now and focus on putting together a winning run to get us promotion

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gav was always and will always class himself above everyone else and label them as he sees fit. He gets away with it too and puts himself on his own lil peddle stool padded in his

own lil room.

Was myself banned for calling out the righteous one after he accused me of being dozens of different people and being offensive to me. He is an arrogant and pompus old git - ban me, i can care less.

Nobody is allowed to have an opposing view to him - its 'embarrassing' as always. Only one dude that is embarrassing around here mate and that is you.

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Gav was always and will always class himself above everyone else and label them as he sees fit. He gets away with it too and puts himself on his own lil peddle stool padded in his

own lil room.

Was myself banned for calling out the righteous one after he accused me of being dozens of different people and being offensive to me. He is an arrogant and pompus old git - ban me, i can care less.

Nobody is allowed to have an opposing view to him - its 'embarrassing' as always. Only one dude that is embarrassing around here mate and that is you.

Edit. I thought twice about posting my true thoughts but he's clearly a little twohat!

Just now, JAL said:

Nuttall good player or bad player in your opinion Phil.

He's had a couple of prolific games, and some anonymous games - I can't say whether that makes him good or bad. I'd rather have Samuel or Graham playing before him, though.

No point in getting rid of Mowbray just now however he is underachieving in my eyes and is not the long term solution to get us back to where we want to be. I’d love hurst to come in. 

Downing has been terrible since he signed perm deal, all of the goals we have conceded have involved him making a mistake. That one against Walsall was awful, just watched the guy walk round him, very concerning 

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

own lil room.

Really? Seems the other way with all respect. 

I remember taking alot of digs and grief for my opinion that Mowbray should stay as manager and I wasnt worry at all cos I have faith in him. 

Funny that you forget that

58 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11235972/plymouth-2-0-blackburn

Appalling defending by Downing for both goals. The 2nd one is simply embarrassing.

As was his defending for Walsall’s equaliser earlier in the week. Good to see Williams livid with him after that rollock today, showing some passion at least.

Not a good start to permanent life as a Rover it must be said. Lenihan can’t come back soon enough for me providing he’s fit.

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No point in getting rid of Mowbray just now however he is underachieving in my eyes and is not the long term solution to get us back to where we want to be. I’d love hurst to come in. 

Downing has been terrible since he signed perm deal, all of the goals we have conceded have involved him making a mistake. That one against Walsall was awful, just watched the guy walk round him, very concerning 

Don't think anyone is suggesting getting rid of him at this time. Too late now. Its just the positivas that are all over anyone that is moaning about the fact we cannot peg back lil old Shrewsbury who finished 18th last season and have spent jack-chit while we have spent more than anyone in league. Apparently the manager is above criticism considering the squad he has, the budget he was given and the facilities he has. 

The manager is too conservative with the attacking options he has. That is my opinion. I must be embarassing. He worries too much about the opposition - do you think Wigan operate like that?

He also let 2 defenders go out on loan when we are seriously weak there already...but...oh..no.we cannot say anything cos its embarrassing.

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

own lil room.

That's Gav for you, think he's been 'telling on' half the message board. Has a bit of a love in with the admin. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Don't think anyone is suggesting getting rid of him at this time. Too late now. Its just the positivas that are all over anyone that is moaning about the fact we cannot peg back lil old Shrewsbury who finished 18th last season and have spent jack-chit while we have spent more than anyone in league. Apparently the manager is above criticism considering the squad he has, the budget he was given and the facilities he has. 

The manager is too conservative with the attacking options he has. That is my opinion. I must be embarassing. He worries too much about the opposition - do you think Wigan operate like that?

He also let 2 defenders go out on loan when we are seriously weak there already...but...oh..no.we cannot say anything cos its embarrassing.

Ward is rubbish and Wharton need games and run of games. 

Mulgrew is back on Saturday and Lenihan properly week or 2 after. 

too conservative? haha. we dominated most games in terms of shots and possession. Plus we outplayed Walsall and Northampton in the last 2 home games. could have scored 5 or 6 in each game. 

how was today starting line up conservative? really? Armstrong, Dack and Graham all played 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly Gav. 

Just put this game behind now and focus on putting together a winning run to get us promotion

Sorry to say chaddy but we won’t be getting promotion with too many of them performances. Everyone has the off day but unfortunately for us Wigan and Shrewsbury have less of them. Playoffs worry me big time... 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

too conservative? haha. we dominated most games in terms of shots and possession. Plus we outplayed Walsall and Northampton in the last 2 home games. could have scored 5 or 6 in each game. 

how was today starting line up conservative? really? Armstrong, Dack and Graham all played 

Northampton ? Not so sure about that !

Wharton needs games yes, but we had NO cb on the bench and had a LB playing in CB.

Do you not think we are short? What if downing got injured...who would be your CB pairing for the next match?

Lenihan has been 'coming back for about six weeks' but has not come back.

Dominated most games?Show me other than Walsall in last few weeks where we 'dominated', i want stats of dominated possession and shots,please. We rarely dominate games Chaddy, we usually just have quality players that bail us out with bits of magic or we have 20 min spells.

3 minutes ago, Tony Rover said:

Sorry to say chaddy but we won’t be getting promotion with too many of them performances. Everyone has the off day but unfortunately for us Wigan and Shrewsbury have less of them. Playoffs worry me big time... 

We havent had too many of them tho. It was off day. Plenty.of games to go

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Northampton ? Not so sure about that !

Northampton park the bus and bus after that. In second half they had 6 at the back. 

Mowbray screwed up badly today with his selection and substitutions. We were pretty much second best all afternoon. In all honesty I believe only Bell can come out of today with any credit as our potential match winners just didn't perform. Graham (laughably substituted at half time), Armstrong and Dack were poor and offered nothing. We were second best in midfield and we looked so weak down the middle of our defence. Conway was awful and how he got in ahead of Payne left most of us scratching our heads.

Although there will be twists and turns I really believe our inability to keep clean sheets is going to cost us. Many fans said we needed a big, raw boned centre half who knew this league. Two transfer windows later we haven't got one and even today conceded a soft goal from a set piece. Mowbray has to take the blame for that.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can't keep going into games with only 2 attack minded players in Graham and Dack playing in their actual positions and hoping they get us out of trouble like they have so often this season. He brought Evans off the bench and kept Payne sat there when we were crying out for someone who can actually give Dack the ball, he took Graham off for a guy who's not scored in months when we needed goals, and even though it was blindingly obvious 4231 was causing them absolutely no problems whatsoever, he not only kept it, but put armstrong and samuel (both out and out strikers) on the wing to accommodate it? What's wrong with 2 strikers? Got pretty much everything wrong today did Mowbray.

Dack will have nightmares tonight the amount of times Smallwood/Bennett had the ball and thumped it over his head instead of actually passing it to him. 

Edit: Northampton? The first 70 mins of that were possibly worse than today's 90.

Just now, arbitro said:

Mowbray screwed up badly today with his selection and substitutions. We were pretty much second best all afternoon. In all honesty I believe only Bell can come out of today with any credit as our potential match winners just didn't perform. Graham (laughably substituted at half time), Armstrong and Dack were poor and offered nothing. We were second best in midfield and we looked so weak down the middle of our defence. Conway was awful and how he got in ahead of Payne left most of us scratching our heads.

Although there will be twists and turns I really believe our inability to keep clean sheets is going to cost us. Many fans said we needed a big, raw boned centre half who knew this league. Two transfer windows later we haven't got one and even today conceded a soft goal from a set piece. Mowbray has to take the blame for that.

Sentiment is more important to some fans I think, so what if you sign a good centre half and Downing / Lenihen end up on the bench ?

It would mean we were strong - that's doing things the right way.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

You can't keep going into games with only 2 attack minded players in Graham and Dack playing in their actual positions and hoping they get us out of trouble like they have so often this season. He brought Evans off the bench and kept Payne sat there when we were crying out for someone who can actually give Dack the ball, he took Graham off for a guy who's not scored in months when we needed goals, and even though it was blindingly obvious 4231 was causing them absolutely no problems whatsoever, he not only kept it, but put armstrong and samuel (both out and out strikers) on the wing to accommodate it? What's wrong with 2 strikers? Got pretty much everything wrong today did Mowbray.

Dack will have nightmares tonight the amount of times Smallwood/Bennett had the ball and thumped it over his head instead of actually passing it to him. 

I wasnt at the game. Will watch it tomorrow night on Rovers player.

Ive been recently mention about having plan B like 3-4-1-2 with Dack in 10 role behind 2 strikers. 

Not a fan of Evans at all. 

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

If he keeps shooting himself in the foot like that he'll end up sacked he must realise that unbeaten runs or no unbeaten runs we had a few of those under GB.

Fair enough he's took the rap for it and that earns him respect but the penny really needs to drop that he has to put the foot on the gas every game I just don't know what he's so scared about.

The line up had enough about it to have a better go despite Conway but the tactics didn't.

I wasnt at the game. Will watch it tomorrow night on Rovers player.

Ive been recently mention about having plan B like 3-4-1-2 with Dack in 10 role behind 2 strikers. 

Not a fan of Evans at all. 

3-4-1-2 would be good for us, when everyone is fit, i agree. 

But if you're not careful, it can be very easy to play against, as we saw with the experiment at home to Doncaster. Interested to see who he thinks fits best into that formation, think you could ask 100 rovers fans and you'd get 100 answers. Plan B should be proactive too, and not reactive, as it seems it so often is with Tony. 

Archived