BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

Just now, tomphil said:

If he keeps shooting himself in the foot like that he'll end up sacked he must realise that unbeaten runs or no unbeaten runs we had a few of those under GB.

Fair enough he's took the rap for it and that earns him respect but the penny really needs to drop that he has to put the foot on the gas every game I just don't know what he's so scared about.

The line up had enough about it to have a better go despite Conway but the tactics didn't.

Agreed. Nobody capable of giving the ball to Dack, and for the love of god Tony Samuel and Armstrong are not wingers.

As previously said, maybe by you, do Wigan go into games worried about their opposition? I highly doubt it, they name unchanged XI's and do the basics well. That'll be the difference come May.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a disappointment, but this record can not go on for ever and had to end. Was starting to feel like a burden! We will see what we are made off the next couple of games. They are very important after that result. I don't believe we cant win by play offs we only turn up against top teams, as sad as it sounds its like our FA cup final. We celebrated and quite rightly against shewsbury like it was Arsenal, but that's just the sign of the times!

Thing to make it worse a lot of our ex players scoring today even David Goodwillie. Sorry if this has been mentioned ive had to much drowning my sorrows to much to read everyones comment!!

Would like to point out I would of gone today but I am part of not a penny more. I did go to the Peterborough game and enjoyed it but only went as free tickets as my business sponsors a board at posh. I am nearly turned to go to a game but still struggling to pay to them. This game has not disheartened me, the lads have done well after such a poor start.

COYB!!

4 minutes ago, fenwindows said:

what a disappointment, but this record can not go on for ever and had to end. Was starting to feel like a burden! We will see what we are made off the next couple of games. They are very important after that result. I don't believe we cant win by play offs we only turn up against top teams, as sad as it sounds its like our FA cup final. We celebrated and quite rightly against shewsbury like it was Arsenal, but that's just the sign of the times!

Thing to make it worse a lot of our ex players scoring today even David Goodwillie. Sorry if this has been mentioned ive had to much drowning my sorrows to much to read everyones comment!!

Would like to point out I would of gone today but I am part of not a penny more. I did go to the Peterborough game and enjoyed it but only went as free tickets as my business sponsors a board at posh. I am nearly turned to go to a game but still struggling to pay to them. This game has not disheartened me, the lads have done well after such a poor start.

COYB!!

True I think maybe you can get caught up in protecting the unbeaten run rather than going all out to win and if somewhere in that run we'd lost one then maybe won one or two we drew we'd be better off points wise and the length of the run wouldn't be as spectacular but that wouldn't really matter.

He has an old school approach from the start of most games of keep it tight and don't commit too many forwards and just hope the right balls fall to the right men. It's been employed at home once to often but served ok away but that was in half a season were at times options have been limited. Now though with the array of attackers he's assembled there really should be enough to go out and have a go with some to spare for changes from the bench to keep it up.

What we are seeing today I fear is the old give as many some mins as you can and that's counter productive unless you are two or three up or three or four down.

Frustrating.

Just now, tomphil said:

True I think maybe you can get caught up in protecting the unbeaten run rather than going all out to win and if somewhere in that run we'd lost one then maybe won one or two we drew we'd be better off points wise and the length of the run wouldn't be as spectacular but that wouldn't really matter.

He has an old school approach of keep it tight and don't commit too many forwards and just hope the right balls fall to the right men. It's been employed at home once to often but served ok away but that was in half a season were at times options have been limited. Now though with the array of attackers he's assembled there really should be enough to go out and have a go with some to spare for changes from the bench to keep it up.

What we are seeing today I fear is the old give as many some mins as you can and that's counter productive unless you are two or three up or three or four down.

Frustrating.

Like i said before the unbeaten run was masking things somewhat. Wigan are now unbeaten in like 14, shrewsbury lost 1 in 20, wins are needed from now on. At the end of that 18 match unbeaten run how much did we actually cut wigan/shrewsburys lead by? 3 points wigan 5 points shrewsbury roughly?

4 minutes ago, fenwindows said:

COYB!!

could have paid on the turnstile... do not care about ex players scoring. I went and this game disheartened the @#/? out of me. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Rover said:

could have paid on the turnstile... do not care about ex players scoring. I went and this game disheartened the @#/? out of me. 

yeah did think that, but after Peterborough game I was thinking of buying half price season ticket and going as much as I can, but after days on days of head ache I chose not to. Today would of probably helped to tell me no tho. But all good things have to come to a end, what happens next few games with attitude is very important.

I'm very disappointed in the lack of Venkys out stuff going on. I know times are good at the minute... sort of.. if league 1 is something to accept. But not matter what happens the club really needs to go to people who care, people who need success. People who feels the emotion that we all feel, not a bunch of idiots a thousand miles away that don't give two sh*ts.

1 minute ago, fenwindows said:

yeah did think that, but after Peterborough game I was thinking of buying half price season ticket and going as much as I can, but after days on days of head ache I chose not to. Today would of probably helped to tell me no tho. But all good things have to come to a end, what happens next few games with attitude is very important.

I'm very disappointed in the lack of Venkys out stuff going on. I know times are good at the minute... sort of.. if league 1 is something to accept. But not matter what happens the club really needs to go to people who care, people who need success. People who feels the emotion that we all feel, not a bunch of idiots a thousand miles away that don't give two sh*ts.

Good man. Stick to your principles.  The perilous situation with respect to the owners has been masked by a relatively successful season on the pitch and some enjoyable away trips. We are still spiralling into further debt and still no communication or respect for the fans.

I really want us to go up so that we will be a better proposition for buyers if they decide to sell but the lack of any protests has probably made them feel almost accepted. we need to let them know they are not wanted at Rovers.

Venky's out  

WThis.

55 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Wharton needs games yes, but we had NO cb on the bench and had a LB playing in CB.

Do you not think we are short? What if downing got injured...who would be your CB pairing for the next match?

Lenihan has been 'coming back for about six weeks' but has not come back.

Dominated most games?Show me other than Walsall in last few weeks where we 'dominated', i want stats of dominated possession and shots,please. We rarely dominate games Chaddy, we usually just have quality players that bail us out with bits of magic or we have 20 min spells.

This.

Tbh it's even more problematic then the spin Chaddy puts on it - defenders pick up bookings more regularly due to putting in more tackles, Williams is also covering/back up left back and Mulgrew is also injury prone prior to this season. That's a lot of risk in there to add to the facts you state.

Even putting Nayambe at cb means seriously weakening the rb position with Caddis coming in. Not that I'd have kept Ward - liability Imo. And if Warton had to be loaned then someone else should have been brought in. Warton or a.n.other should really be filling out the squad.

On the game:

Bad day at office. Every team has them. As one offs you have to accept them even if they were a horror show as this one sounds. The problem wasn't today but our terrible start which made the ramifications of today so bad. A run of a few solid wins would erase this and put the pressure back on Shrewsbury but a few more dropped points and we should be scrutinising this result in more depth. Hopefully its just a blip albeit a grim one to take.

And that bad start really did cost us...

17 minutes ago, fenwindows said:

Agreed about the @#/? we have as ‘owners’ they have ripped the heart out of this club. We do have to be realistic though, if we don’t go up this season then we’ll be truly stuffed. 

3 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Good man. Stick to your principles.  The perilous situation with respect to the owners has been masked by a relatively successful season on the pitch and some enjoyable away trips. We are still spiralling into further debt and still no communication or respect for the fans.

I really want us to go up so that we will be a better proposition for buyers if they decide to sell but the lack of any protests has probably made them feel almost accepted. we need to let them know they are not wanted at Rovers.

Venky's out  

I live along way away and I wish I could be at every home game protesting this, over last few years I have donated a lot of money to different events, paid for the scaffolding for the sign that was going up at home games on a pub. what has happened to this sign does it go up? I understand everyone should support the team to get them to championship. We get to the championship is it just another thing for Venkeys to blurt out in convo at there million ruby partys?! what is it going to take to rid us of them!?!

As sad as it sounds, I will always love Blackburn but since advertising and Peterborough and a little before that I have been enjoying them. Meeting Barry Fry and knowing everyone is trying to push in the right directing with every interest in the club, no matter how small my advertising cost, it means a lot to them to another local person on board. I want the same feeling for Blackburn.

When I first started supporting Blackburn my family from Manchester supported city, except my brother a United. My neighbour from Blackburn to anoy my brother I went with Blackburn no matter what (helped loving there kit over man citys sky blue and united red.)  I don't expect use to be premiership how much I would love that I just want a club that's transparent, no hearsay bullshit we have been drip fed last god knows how many years I just want straight down the line honesty. I would for ever support Blackburn no matter what what league they are in just need rid of Venkeys, i have then tattooed on me in a couple of places. i could never sponsor anything to do with Blackburn as I would not want to be related to Venkey but I respect how well they have done to pull in some big names i would love to see my business name next to the pitch at ewood park but just could not do it.

If anyone good forward this on to Maron i would be great full as i would like to hear whats happening to the Jack Walker sign and if there was anything else happening that might need money, Sorry to go on had to many bottles of wine and hit a emotional point!!

Just now, fenwindows said:

I live along way away and I wish I could be at every home game protesting this, over last few years I have donated a lot of money to different events, paid for the scaffolding for the sign that was going up at home games on a pub. what has happened to this sign does it go up? I understand everyone should support the team to get them to championship. We get to the championship is it just another thing for Venkeys to blurt out in convo at there million ruby partys?! what is it going to take to rid us of them!?!

As sad as it sounds, I will always love Blackburn but since advertising and Peterborough and a little before that I have been enjoying them. Meeting Barry Fry and knowing everyone is trying to push in the right directing with every interest in the club, no matter how small my advertising cost, it means a lot to them to another local person on board. I want the same feeling for Blackburn.

When I first started supporting Blackburn my family from Manchester supported city, except my brother a United. My neighbour from Blackburn to anoy my brother I went with Blackburn no matter what (helped loving there kit over man citys sky blue and united red.)  I don't expect use to be premiership how much I would love that I just want a club that's transparent, no hearsay bullshit we have been drip fed last god knows how many years I just want straight down the line honesty. I would for ever support Blackburn no matter what what league they are in just need rid of Venkeys, i have then tattooed on me in a couple of places. i could never sponsor anything to do with Blackburn as I would not want to be related to Venkey but I respect how well they have done to pull in some big names i would love to see my business name next to the pitch at ewood park but just could not do it

Who the feck are Blackburn? ?

A bad day at the office for all concerned but no real surprise.  Rovers and Home Park just don't go together.  25 visits now and just 4 wins and 15 defeats to show for our efforts.  Our lack of height in both boxes is a real issue.  In this League most teams seem to have a big lad at the back and another up front and we are struggling to cope with high balls at either end of the pitch. Still all to play for but I must admit that I wouldn't fancy our chances in the play-offs.  With Shrewsbury already having played ourselves and Wigan twice, we need some teams lower down the table to do us a favour and start taking points off them.  

5 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

A bad day at the office for all concerned but no real surprise.  Rovers and Home Park just don't go together.  25 visits now and just 4 wins and 15 defeats to show for our efforts.  Our lack of height in both boxes is a real issue.  In this League most teams seem to have a big lad at the back and another up front and we are struggling to cope with high balls at either end of the pitch. Still all to play for but I must admit that I wouldn't fancy our chances in the play-offs.  With Shrewsbury already having played ourselves and Wigan twice, we need some teams lower down the table to do us a favour and start taking points off them.  

Agree with all the post bar the last point, we aren’t actually doing ourselves any favours. If we were winning every game and Shrewsbury and Wigan were (those two do seem to actually win more often than us!) then we could hope for favours but we aren’t actually holding up our side of the bargain by winning ourselves. 

Agree about the play offs, just don’t seem to have the consistency to put 3 top performances in a row together unfortunately. With this squad in this league that is pretty damn poor.

6 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Your post is correct about the lack of height and I'd add to that, at times aggression. And this is down to Mowbray and what I believe to be a flawed transfer policy. To use his description he talks about 'soldiers and artists' but I don't see enough soldiers out there. In fact his only 'soldier', Richie Smallwood has had the hook in the last few games leaving us bereft of any physicality. Lenihan might improve this slightly but at the moment he is a few weeks away from being ready for the first team. I believe Mowbray thinks he can 'out football' teams in this league but simply you can't. Against the likes of Northampton, Wimbledon, Plymouth, Scunthorpe amongst others we have struggled. And I think we will be prone to conceding goals from set pieces for the rest of the season and that will ultimately be our undoing in the quest for automatic promotion.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew is back on Saturday and Lenihan properly week or 2 after. 

Lenihan seems to be permanently 1-2 weeks away. My money would be on him breaking down again very quickly - possibly even in training.

Btw, the ‘sad’ button means that you are feeling sad, it does not mean that the person making the post is a saddo as you seem to think it does.

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lenihan seems to be permanently 1-2 weeks away. My money would be on him breaking down again very quickly - possibly even in training.

Eh? 4/5 months isn’t too bad for someone with his injury. He broke a bone in his foot and had an operation.. how quickly do you expect someone to come back from that? 

1 minute ago, MGPensioner said:

16 games to save our club Mr Mowbray !

I’m afraid you dont understand irony do you? I mean you boycott, and you talk about saving the club. You want the Rao’s to leave but you don’t entertain they cover the constant losses. Grow up.

19 minutes ago, Biz said:

Eh? 4/5 months isn’t too bad for someone with his injury. He broke a bone in his foot and had an operation.. how quickly do you expect someone to come back from that? 

Oh good. You’re back.

we  have 16 games to try turn  it around the really bad  start looks like it will  cost us top 2 spots the reality is we have been under preforming with the  resources and squad we have even if we  manage  to get past the lotto play offs i will still think its  not acceptable given the players we have to  much negative tactics when we play from home or  tm messing up 

All this talk of fancy systems really amuses me. We have dropped too many points because of our inability to defend set pieces properly and will continue to do so. It's onè of the basic principles of footballing success.

10 hours ago, JAL said:

Nuttall good player or bad player

Good player but feel he needs a run of games now not just on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

we  have 16 games to try turn  it around the really bad  start looks like it will  cost us top 2 spots the reality is we have been under preforming with the  resources and squad we have even if we  manage  to get past the lotto play offs i will still think its  not acceptable given the players we have to  much negative tactics when we play from home or  tm messing up 

When we lost at Oldham we were 12 points behind the top 2 and we are only 2 points now behind them. 

57 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Btw, the ‘sad’ button means that you are feeling sad, it does not mean that the person making the post is a saddo as you seem to think it does.

I used the sad button WHEN I want Stuart. 

STOP telling people what to do

And I feel sad everytime I read your posts

Archived