BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Advert boards at ewood

God knows who runs the advertising/marketing at Rovers. I have it on very, very good authority that when we were first relegated that a certain company paid for 6 months advertising, at a 50% discount from the original quote, and his advertisement ran both pitch side and on the big screen for 2+ years without Rovers ever contacting him for another penny. 

It's been a farce since they have taken over.

12 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

Just an observation. During last first half of last saturdays home game, their was a ladbrookes ad which was replaced by  a plain blue one for the 2nd half and did not return for the Walsall match.

anyone know why ? It crossed my mind maybe dafabet complained ?

Was this one of the ones that was changed at half time against Northampton in front of the family stand and by the corner flag? I assumed it was because they were taking photos of the kids penalty shoot out and someone didn’t want to have gambling adverts in the background.

I doubt any one gambling company can expect exclusivity in the sponsorship- unless they spend a heck of a lot of money...

Glad others spotted this I thought I was going mad. Maybe back for the next game not that it matters much. Nice to get some decent companies involved though especially in league 1. Next season I expect the led' s will be back the championship is getting bigger and bigger as each season passes 

1 hour ago, mhead said:

It worries me more that we do not have tall enough ball boys to vault all the obstacles.....especially when the Northamptons of this world are wasting time.

Maybe draft in the Apprentices? Good for their 'ego balance'

That is an excellent point you make. Whilst Northampton (amongst others) were blatantly killing the game we abetted that to a degree with a slow return of the ball from the ball boys. Clubs can still operate the multi ball system where every ball boy has a spare and returns this as soon as the match ball goes out. This facility has to be fair and the same level of service for both teams.

Having seen how Man City do this it certainly speeds the game up.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

That is an excellent point you make. Whilst Northampton (amongst others) were blatantly killing the game we abetted that to a degree with a slow return of the ball from the ball boys. Clubs can still operate the multi ball system where every ball boy has a spare and returns this as soon as the match ball goes out. This facility has to be fair and the same level of service for both teams.

Having seen how Man City do this it certainly speeds the game up.

Not allowed to use multi ball system any more in EFL

33.20 Multiple Balls. No Club shall be entitled to utilise a 'multiple ball' system in any League Match.

31 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

Not allowed to use multi ball system any more in EFL

33.20 Multiple Balls. No Club shall be entitled to utilise a 'multiple ball' system in any League Match.

I didn't realise they had stopped it. After seeing it used in other competitions I assumed the EFL still allowed it.

19 hours ago, Stuart said:

Was this one of the ones that was changed at half time against Northampton in front of the family stand and by the corner flag? I assumed it was because they were taking photos of the kids penalty shoot out and someone didn’t want to have gambling adverts in the background.

I doubt any one gambling company can expect exclusivity in the sponsorship- unless they spend a heck of a lot of money...

Yes that'll be it, strict rules re: gambling and jnr. football.

Archived