BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Stokes contract bought out again.

Blow-in

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Why on earth doesn't Coil take him to Dross County?

A marriage made in heaven (again).

Maybe Coyle has been found out there now. Faces a relegation six pointer tomorrow, away at Dundee and I know who is going on my coupon.

7 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

The way these guys get paid off for failing, you have to wonder if they are really that bad or they do it intentionally

Did he fail though, he scored plenty of goals up there , meaning he will get another club. He has attitude issues and is obviously a  bit thick. I wonder will he look back on his career in future and regret how he acted. He moved to Arsenal for relatively big money as a teenager(or early 20s) , since then he has knocked around here and there ,but barring a few ok stints in Scotland has not lived up to his potential at all. He does just about enough to keep his career going. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did he fail though, he scored plenty of goals up there , meaning he will get another club. He has attitude issues and is obviously a  bit thick. I wonder will he look back on his career in future and regret how he acted. He moved to Arsenal for relatively big money as a teenager(or early 20s) , since then he has knocked around here and there ,but barring a few ok stints in Scotland has not lived up to his potential at all. He does just about enough to keep his career going. 

I can't help but wonder, if the Stokes to Ewood and Coyle to Ewood, were linked. History tells us, that Coyle denied having an agent, despite the evidence to the contrary. Given this court case and his reputation, why was Stokes considered as being for the wages and signing on fee, for joining us?

Just now, lraC said:

I can't help but wonder, if the Stokes to Ewood and Coyle to Ewood, were linked. History tells us, that Coyle denied having an agent, despite the evidence to the contrary. Given this court case and his reputation, why was Stokes considered as being for the wages and signing on fee, for joining us?

It was a strange one , particularly on a 4 year deal. He is not someone I would consider offering a long-term deal to as a sensible move. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

In terms of robbing this club blind, he's up there with such luminaries as Leon Best, Danny Murphy and Bradley Orr, for me.

True, although I do think Coyle should have played him more. He seeemd to be our most inform striker in pre-season and at the start of the season, but Coyle just stopped playing him. 

I heard from a very reliable source that they fell out very early on  and Stokes took a huge dislike for him. Same with Duffy. 

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Keep his career going - yep that's exactly what he does he goes in somewhere and shows some ability in front of goal he clearly has then once the ink is dry on his contract he basically doesn't give a toss. He seemed desperate to get to Hibs were he was a bit of a cult hero but to mess it up so spectacularly yet again I don't think he's so stupid he's acting up on purpose imo knowing full well his handlers have something else in the pipeline, another pay off and another signing on fee.

Wouldn't be surprised if his last two managers have had a nice drink out of it, Lemmon head for sure he's as big a twohat as there is when you read up about his antics.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's an easy sell for an agent to an egotistical manager who thinks he came tame him. Undoubtedly there is a player in there somewhere and the likes of Coil and Lennon thought they can rehabilitate him. By the time he runs out of options he will be wealthy enough to wave football goodbye and become a real hellraiser. Sadly football has too many of these type of characters

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's an easy sell for an agent to an egotistical manager who thinks he came tame him. Undoubtedly there is a player in there somewhere and the likes of Coil and Lennon thought they can rehabilitate him. By the time he runs out of options he will be wealthy enough to wave football goodbye and become a real hellraiser. Sadly football has too many of these type of characters

Doubt it. In huge debt apparently. I won't go into the reasons why here 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

True, although I do think Coyle should have played him more. He seeemd to be our most inform striker in pre-season and at the start of the season, but Coyle just stopped playing him. 

I heard from a very reliable source that they fell out very early on  and Stokes took a huge dislike for him. Same with Duffy. 

I don't think it would have made any difference to the overall outcome of our season even if he had played anyway. Coyle would have seen to it that we'd shoot ourselves in the foot one way or another. Of that I have no doubt.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Probably end up minus his kneecaps.

2 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

The way these guys get paid off for failing, you have to wonder if they are really that bad or they do it intentionally

Mowbray is also one of them, mind! Some managers need a certain environment to thrive. Even Coyle managed it twice!

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sorry I meant coyle not Stokes. Was more a point about bad managers

There definitely is a circuit for failed managers where they go from one job to another. Especially in the lower leagues. How many chances do the likes of Mickey Adams, Peter Taylor, Mark Cooper, Harry Redknapp post-Spurs...........and so on have? There is certainly a cosy relationship between club owners, managers and agents whereby you go from one job to another. Scotland is the same, where a manger fails at Hearts, goes to Kilmarnock, then St. Mirren...............and then joins the English circuit.

• 2 months later...

Archived