BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon away tickets

Hanks

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Phenomenal.

This article is from the the start of January.

http://the72.co.uk/95607/average-away-attendances-every-league-one-club-team-rank/

Whilst our away support has been great I think the Plymouth away support deserves a mention. Geographically isolated and poor early season form and yet nearly 1000 away fans on average.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Whilst our away support has been great I think the Plymouth away support deserves a mention. Geographically isolated and poor early season form and yet nearly 1000 away fans on average.

Agree. They brought a decent amount when bottom of the league to their midweek game at Ewood.

Plymouth will always get above average numbers watching them due to their catchment area and isolation. Similar to Portsmouth/Norwich there's very little by way of competition, leaving them with a large city and several counties of support to draw on.

Fair play for bringing the numbers they did to Ewood but they'll have a similar thing in play to we do - they've just come up from League Two after nearly going bankrupt and there's a feel good factor/new ground syndrome for a lot of them.

If we're stuck in this league with them for 5-6 years it will dwindle.

So I haven’t been very lucky. I set myself a reminder for Tuesday’s general sale, but ended up missing out by about 5 minutes, not knowing they’d go like Glastonbury tickets. So then I bit the bullet and bought a home ticket from Wimbledon instead. Then they call me today and announce they are cancelling my ticket due to an error:

Due to the high profile nature of the game, we are unable to sell tickets to anybody who has not purchased a ‘home’ ticket through our system before and I’m afraid this applies to you.”

If anyone has a ticket they no longer need, please please PM me. I live in Woking, about 20 minutes from the ground, and it will be criminal if I can’t make it :(

25 minutes ago, Linguino said:

So I haven’t been very lucky. I set myself a reminder for Tuesday’s general sale, but ended up missing out by about 5 minutes, not knowing they’d go like Glastonbury tickets. So then I bit the bullet and bought a home ticket from Wimbledon instead. Then they call me today and announce they are cancelling my ticket due to an error:

Due to the high profile nature of the game, we are unable to sell tickets to anybody who has not purchased a ‘home’ ticket through our system before and I’m afraid this applies to you.”

If anyone has a ticket they no longer need, please please PM me. I live in Woking, about 20 minutes from the ground, and it will be criminal if I can’t make it :(

Could you not go to the ground and buy one? Or get one of your local pals to do so. That rule only applies to online sales - nowt stopping you from getting one in person!

47 minutes ago, Linguino said:

16 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Could you not go to the ground and buy one? Or get one of your local pals to do so. That rule only applies to online sales - nowt stopping you from getting one in person!

Dress up as a pearly king, go eating some pie, mash and jellied eels singing a Chas and Dave song and you'll be fine. And say the words 'alright Guvnor' and 'do what John' when you talk to them.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Dress up as a pearly king, go eating some pie, mash and jellied eels singing a Chas and Dave song and you'll be fine. And say the words 'alright Guvnor' and 'do what John' when you talk to them.

Unfortunately this is West London, so the Pearly King routine is simply not going to wash. I could try going as a Metropolitan Liberal (oh wait...!).

I think I might take the advice to try and get one on the door though. I didn’t know that  rule was only for online ticket sales. Thanks for the tip Dreamy!

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is it because of where he lives or can anyone do it. I have a ticket . I ask because I've booked a hotel and travel for bristol in hope I can get a ticket . Looking at away sales and the size of the ground I might struggle and the whole weekend would be ruined. How easy is it to buy in the home end at away grounds with a north west postcode

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is it because of where he lives or can anyone do it. I have a ticket . I ask because I've booked a hotel and travel for bristol in hope I can get a ticket . Looking at away sales and the size of the ground I might struggle and the whole weekend would be ruined. How easy is it to buy in the home end at away grounds with a north west postcode

I think some Rovers were refused at Fleetwood giving an FY postcodes !

Knowing a fan of the opposition is the best way and keeping your mouth shut ! Did it at Forest in 94 Sutton scored 2 happy days !

My postcode is GU, rather than KT where the ground is, but they are adjacent postcodes. Not sure if that would have been the reason though tbh. It sounds as if it’s because they want to give priority to existing customers due to them playing such an amazing football club.

Hmmm....don’t know too many AFC Wimbledon fans, although I have a mate who supports MK Dons, lol. (Aka, the club that exist only to make every other fan feel better about their own lives).

Archived