BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon away tickets

Hanks

11 hours ago, Linguino said:

I think I might take the advice to try and get one on the door though. I didn’t know that  rule was only for online ticket sales. Thanks for the tip Dreamy!

I'm not so sure it does apply only to online sales reading this

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2018/february/reminder-our-next-home-game-v-blackburn-is-all-ticket/

Plus, if you are able to get one in person make sure it's in advance and not on the door, no sales on the day of the game. 

12 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is it because of where he lives or can anyone do it. I have a ticket . I ask because I've booked a hotel and travel for bristol in hope I can get a ticket . Looking at away sales and the size of the ground I might struggle and the whole weekend would be ruined. How easy is it to buy in the home end at away grounds with a north west postcode

If you are going to do it Gregg I'd suggest a bit of research before. Find out a postcode, street, general location (surrounding streets, area etc) and try and blag it. You could go the whole hog and even put said address on a utility bill incase they ask for proof and, obviously, you can't use your ID (I know someone that has done this before!!) but it seems a bit OTT. You could get very lucky and get someone that doesn't really care but it's always good to go prepared.

I think you'd be turned away with a NW postcode to be truthful

Edit: Just seen the above post. Seems like they really, really don't want Rovers fans in the home end.

Predicted sub-zero temperatures and no under-soil heating do not bode well for Tuesday.

I'm pretty sure it'll be called off just as I get into Euston, if only as vengeance for the Rovers Wimbledon match being called off three minutes before kick off in 1993(?)

On 22/02/2018 at 14:20, DraytonRover said:

Going to this game and wondering if anybody knows what street parking is like round there?

A mate of mine lives in Wimbledon so I asked him the same question:

“It’s out in Kingston rather than Wimbledon so my knowledge is patchy but I believe there is definitely a small free car park at ground if you’re there early enough, but there is also street parking. They play at Kingstonian FC’s old ground, pretty much a non-league ground and you could easily drive past without noticing it’s there”

It is behind the houses after coming off the Kingston one way system on the A2043 heading towards Cheam, Sutton and Croydon. Quite a distance from Kingston Station so don't leave it late if going by train. New Malden station is bit further but not a bad option.  

Non-league but tidy little ground with an old fashioned entrance.

Whatever you do, don't go to Wimbledon.

Don't know what the parking is like but probably hostile! 

52 minutes ago, philipl said:

Quite a distance from Kingston Station so don't leave it late if going by train. New Malden station is bit further but not a bad option. 

Norbition station is the one to go to for Kingsmeadow, next stop after Kingston & New Malden i think. About a 10 minute walk.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Trying it on. £6. I know I'm tight as cramp but that's insane. It should be free to ST holders. And it's tea not dinner. I'll put an extra bar on the fire and listen to it on't wireless.   

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Trying it on. £6. I know I'm tight as cramp but that's insane. It should be free to ST holders. And it's tea not dinner. I'll put an extra bar on the fire and listen to it on't wireless.   

Thanks for that post. I hadn’t followed the link and planned to just go down. I’d have spent more than £6 on a drink and food. I’m not paying £6 for the privilege of going in to Blues. 

As you say should at least be free to ST holders but really should be free to all. I don’t know any pubs that charge to get in. 

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Which pub is the match on ?

I don’t know of any, a brief glance suggests it’s not being broadcast. The point is though pubs don’t charge to watch Sky do I think it’s a mistake by Rovers to charge their own fans. I realise Rovers have costs to cover but even if it sold out the revenue would only be around £1000. 

I see Walsall is the same. I’d planned to go but won’t now. 

I imagine it’s something to do with licensing from the EFL/iFollow lot that a fee would have to be charged. 

Do agree that it’s strange it has to be £6. Psychologically £4-5 really wouldn’t have seemed too out of the way.

Free parking at the ground but first come first served.  Away fans allowed in bars subject to Police advice, so check the AFC website.  Obviously I am hoping for a first double over Rovers but good luck in going up!!   

cheers, use to go with a mate to Ewood and the play off final to go up in early 90s when not watching Wimbledon.

14 hours ago, Matt48 said:

Free parking at the ground but first come first served.  Away fans allowed in bars subject to Police advice, so check the AFC website.  Obviously I am hoping for a first double over Rovers but good luck in going up!!   

cheers, use to go with a mate to Ewood and the play off final to go up in early 90s when not watching Wimbledon.

Out of interest do you tend to get many games called off whenever there’s a drop in temperature? 

A very long shot but do you have undersoil heating with the beast from the east en route.

The optimist in me says there’s at least a frost sheet knocking about and temps are never quite as bad as predicted in London given volume of people and residual heat. The pessimist/realist in me says I’ve shelled out decent money and time off for an hour or so in London. 

Could be karma for the old Wimbledon fans who suffered a similar fate at Ewood in the 90s.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Out of interest do you tend to get many games called off whenever there’s a drop in temperature? 

A very long shot but do you have undersoil heating with the beast from the east en route.

The optimist in me says there’s at least a frost sheet knocking about and temps are never quite as bad as predicted in London given volume of people and residual heat. The pessimist/realist in me says I’ve shelled out decent money and time off for an hour or so in London. 

Could be karma for the old Wimbledon fans who suffered a similar fate at Ewood in the 90s.

I  drove down to Fulham a  few years back , that was off for a frozen pitch !Very cold day that was !

It won't be a disaster if this game is called off although it should be done so at lunchtime to prevent unnecessary travelling for Rovers fans. There will be lots of opportunities to play the match on a free midweek as we have plenty.

Wigan will be more concerned if their match at Bristol Rovers is off. Fitting that in amongst the already congested schedule will be difficult and could work in our favour. 

Archived