BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

In Rovers_Shaun defence you'd say Payne could replace Dack and be just as effective in that hole - he's shown glimpses of real game-dominating quality at times, ie: 1st half vs Walsall. You could also argue that Downing could come in and replace Mulgrew if the worst happens.

Whilst both are important players I firmly believe that, with the squad at hand right now, we could replace them and still win games.

Both would be pretty huge downgrades in my eyes, especially Downing for Mulgrew. Payne has shown glimpses of talent but Dack's season-long consistency is something rarely seen from a playmaker and shouldn't be taken for granted.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. They are all donkeys in comparison. We've won games without them whereas the signing of Newell was the catalyst to getting 15 points clear and when he was injured it all went to pot, almost disastrously. Thankfully he came back for the playoff semi final

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Both would be pretty huge downgrades in my eyes, especially Downing for Mulgrew. Payne has shown glimpses of talent but Dack's season-long consistency is something rarely seen from a playmaker and shouldn't be taken for granted.

Downing for Mulgrew would be a bigger downgrade obviously but I'd still think he'd be able to hold his own with Lenihan in this league.

Payne has never really played in his preferred position in fairness to him. When Dack was played out wide a few times early in the season he was a fraction of the player he is now. I couldn't say for certain how big of a downgrade Payne for Dack would because we've not seen it.

Both would be a huge loss - I'm not downplaying their influence - but I think we'd cope well enough if the worst was to happen.

• Backroom
Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Downing for Mulgrew would be a bigger downgrade obviously but I'd still think he'd be able to hold his own with Lenihan in this league.

Payne has never really played in his preferred position in fairness to him. When Dack was played out wide a few times early in the season he was a fraction of the player he is now. I couldn't say for certain how big of a downgrade Payne for Dack would because we've not seen it.

Both would be a huge loss - I'm not downplaying their influence - but I think we'd cope well enough if the worst was to happen.

Downing looked lost without Mulgrew beside him so that would concern me, although Lenihan has undoubtedly come back in top form which is huge for us. For me Dack is the one player we really can't afford to lose. 

Fingers crossed we won't have to find out!

Wigan ought to close out one of the two slots- they can afford to lose one and draw one of their games on hand and still go above Shrewsbury. To overtake us, they can win two, lose two or win one, draw 3 from their in hand fixtures. Had they lost to us, Wigan's task would have been significantly trickier.

Shrewsbury's challenge for an automatic slot is more problematic- they have to win both their games in hand on us and then match Rovers result for result to finish ahead of us.

I am sticking with the number of wins needed. 

Get seven wins from the last ten games and the very best of luck to Shrewsbury and Wigan BOTH getting to 95 points...

• Backroom

Wigan and Shrewsbury have both had (relative) downturns in form recently, whilst we continue to move forward, which is a positive. Shrewsbury may be starting to burn out, but fair play to them, they've had one hell of a campaign regardless and will surely make the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me if Rotherham end up finishing above them though. I still think it'll be Wigan and then Rovers as 1st and 2nd respectively. 

Welcome Wigan slip up today makes their challenge that bit tougher. Now need an average of two points a game from their 4 in hand to catch us and their goal difference can be caught now after today's 3 goal swing in our favour. 

Our ask is now a minimum of 6 wins from the last 9 taking us to 94 points.

Our last 9 fixtures have also produced 18 points- W5 D3 L1 so let's keep it going lads.

• Backroom

Wigan are struggling badly right now and have a serious backlog of games coming up, on top of the FA cup distraction. Last time they won the FA Cup they got relegated, this year it could contribute to them not getting promoted. Cursed!

Full credit to Shrewsbury for keeping their challenge alive. What a season they've had.

87th minute equaliser for Wigan----damn!

With Rochdale's result at Rotherham (who saw that coming?) it was almost a perfect weekend.

Just needed Walsall to perform but they are rubbish at the mo.

Archived