BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

You take offence at an apology? WUM

Rovers are not a German team. It's Rovers. End off.

so feck off with your inane, unfounded comments.” Doesn’t sound like an apology to me! 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15927337.Simon_Smith__Saturday_was_frustrating_for_all__Let___s_call_it_for_what_it_is___a_blip/?ref=mac

What is it with local columnists constantly slagging off the support? EVERY club has negative fans on social media, we are no different, the vast majority of fans are just desperate for promotion.

And as for this: 

We have all had to come to terms with the fact that our support isn’t raucous like Leeds’, for instance, or blindly loyal in the face of continued failure like Newcastle or West Ham

Amazing isn't it that a town club in the third divsion can't pull the punters in like big city clubs. Leeds have around 25-27000 a week, that's a one club city in one of the UK's biggest cities - wow what a support!

We've got a supremely loyal 10/11,000, who have been through hell - so you can shove this article up your proverbial!

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15927337.Simon_Smith__Saturday_was_frustrating_for_all__Let___s_call_it_for_what_it_is___a_blip/?ref=mac

What is it with local columnists constantly slagging off the support? EVERY club has negative fans on social media, we are no different, the vast majority of fans are just desperate for promotion.

And as for this: 

We have all had to come to terms with the fact that our support isn’t raucous like Leeds’, for instance, or blindly loyal in the face of continued failure like Newcastle or West Ham

Amazing isn't it that a town club in the third divsion can't pull the punters in like big city clubs. Leeds have around 25-27000 a week, that's a one club city in one of the UK's biggest cities - wow what a support!

We've got a supremely loyal 10/11,000, who have been through hell - so you can shove this article up your proverbial!

He's always having a pop at the support that guy. I find it pretty embarrassing and sad, fundamentally that he's always looking down on other fans.

I suppose to be fair, he might have a lovely view atop his high horse......

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And as for this: 

It's a strange trend that Blackburn Rovers commentators, both amateur and professional, tend to fill their content with nothing but derogatory comments at sections of our fan base. You don't seem to read it elsewhere, at least not on the scale of Rovers.

It's almost as if it's become a kind of stand off where some supporters take huge offence at any negative comment in a way to show their undying love for our club. The truth is negatives will always exist but I bet it doesn't stop the fan watching, and caring for, Rovers the week after.

I don't think social media helps whereby any comment can be retweeted over and over. What was once a throwaway "@#/? Mowbray, I'm never watching them again" two minute rant in a pub is now dragged up whenever you dare form another opinion by the holier-than-thou never wrong twitterarti.

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He's always having a pop at the support that guy. I find it pretty embarrassing and sad, fundamentally that he's always looking down on other fans.

I suppose to be fair, he might have a lovely view atop his high horse......

I only read his column when somebody links it here and to be honest I find him a bit pompous and holier than thou. 

Probably still a bit irked about his amazing dancing bear.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's a strange trend that Blackburn Rovers commentators, both amateur and professional, tend to fill their content with nothing but derogatory comments at sections of our fan base. You don't seem to read it elsewhere, at least not on the scale of Rovers.

It's almost as if it's become a kind of stand off where some supporters take huge offence at any negative comment in a way to show their undying love for our club. The truth is negatives will always exist but I bet it doesn't stop the fan watching, and caring for, Rovers the week after.

I don't think social media helps whereby any comment can be retweeted over and over. What was once a throwaway "@#/? Mowbray, I'm never watching them again" two minute rant in a pub is now dragged up whenever you dare form another opinion by the holier-than-thou never wrong twitterarti.

I've said it before, but honestly I think people read what they want to read just to enable them to have a pop instead of realizing the simpler truth is probably what is right.

We are absolutely no different to fans of any other club in that we get annoyed after a defeat. It's not rocket science. No fans called for Mowbray's head at the weekend that I saw, they just questioned some of his decisions. What fans of other clubs anywhere in the world don't do that of their manager from time to time? I think some fans are so desperate to get on their high horse and be right, they forget about the one thing which unites us all, our mutual love of Blackburn Rovers FC.

I'll be honest, it's incredible there are as many of us left as there are given what's happened under Venky's watch.

Just now, K-Hod said:

I've said it before, but honestly I think people read what they want to read just to enable them to have a pop instead of realizing the simpler truth is probably what is right.

We are absolutely no different to fans of any other club in that we get annoyed after a defeat. It's not rocket science. No fans called for Mowbray's head at the weekend that I saw, they just questioned some of his decisions, what fans of other clubs anywhere in the world don't do that of their manager from time to time? I think some fans are so desperate to get on their high horse and be right, they forget about the one thing which unites us all, our mutual love of Blackburn Rovers FC.

I'll be honest, it's incredible there are as many of us left as there are given what's happened under Venky's watch.

Mowbray himself questioned his own decisions on Saturday. We all want the absolute best for our club and this is driven by on field success and falling short of that will inevitably bring criticism. Most of what I read and hear is criticism of the constructive, analytical type from fans who care and have a decent understanding of the game.

And Mowbray has gone on record many times this season (as have several players) to praise the fans.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

And as for this: 

Not only is it absolute drivel but is also quite condescending.

He refers to 'continued failure' at Newcastle and West Ham and yet the worst those two clubs have had is a few seasons of Championship football pushing for promotion to the Premier League. Neither have had prolonged spells in the Championship or been in the 3rd tier in recent history. It's only 'failure' if you expect to win silverware, and neither of those clubs have much of a modern history of doing that.

Its up there with Rovers referring to West Ham as 'Premier League giants' ahead of our FA Cup match at Ewood a couple of years ago. Insulting language to use given this club's history.

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not only is it absolute drivel but is also quite condescending.

He refers to 'continued failure' at Newcastle and West Ham and yet the worst those two clubs have had is a few seasons of Championship football pushing for promotion to the Premier League. Neither have had prolonged spells in the Championship or been in the 3rd tier in recent history. It's only 'failure' if you expect to win silverware, and neither of those clubs have much of a modern history of doing that.

Its up there with Rovers referring to West Ham as 'Premier League giants' ahead of our FA Cup match at Ewood a couple of years ago. Insulting language to use given this club's history.

Ya, lets not forget it wasn't too long ago(although it feels like it sometimes) that we used to go into games with West ham, Newcastle and even Spurs expecting us to win. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, lets not forget it wasn't too long ago(although it feels like it sometimes) that we used to go into games with West ham, Newcastle and even Spurs expecting us to win. 

The history revisionists have now brought Spurs into the 'big boys' club yet its only since 2015 that they have been up there challenging. Prior to that they were a regular run of the mill mid-table side that sometimes flirted with relegation and sometimes pushed for Europe but usually somewhere between.

I expect the condescending comments from 3rd parties, national media and rival supporters as they have a clear agenda to fit into, but when its our own club and own local paper doing it a line is crossed.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

And as for this: 

Rovers support, even in L1, as a % of local population outstrips or compares favourably with the big City clubs he has mentioned.

That surely makes Rovers fans more loyal than those in higher divisions.

Smith should go on to Youtube. There is a WHU fan who does fan interviews straight after a game. They tear into the players and owners, not for those who cannot tolerate swearing.

Smith is a divisive little shitehawk, liar and disgrace to a supposed profession.

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Smith should go on to Youtube. There is a WHU fan who does fan interviews straight after a game. They tear into the players and owners, not for those who cannot tolerate swearing.

Or ArsenalFanTV - they've got some collection of characters on there.

The win he was referrring to you in the article was the 4-1 victory at Burnley in 1965 - 66, our relegation season from the old first division and a rare ray of sunshine in a painful season. I was at the match and we played so well on the day. Mike England played centre forward because we were so short of players and scored a couple of goals if I  remember correctly. 

I don't think the article's too bad. All he had to do was acknowledge the fact  that fans everywhere like to have a rant after a defeat and most are never happy - look at Chelsea's lot and they won the league last season.

• Moderation Lead
11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'll have a look at that myself, sounds like it could be fun.

There is also a Geordie lad who does an excellent Vlog on Youtube, pulls no punches.

You're in for a treat, it's absolutely sensational. Particularly after a defeat. Look at the archive on it.

My favourite one is a Paddy Power parody- 'this isn't about one result, two results, three results' and his head explodes!

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The win he was referrring to you in the article was the 4-1 victory at Burnley in 1965 - 66, our relegation season from the old first division and a rare ray of sunshine in a painful season. I was at the match and we played so well on the day. Mike England played centre forward because we were so short of players and scored a couple of goals if I  remember correctly. 

I don't think the article's too bad. All he had to do was acknowledge the fact  that fans everywhere like to have a rant after a defeat and most are never happy - look at Chelsea's lot and they won the league last season.

Thought England got a hat-trick?

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

We are absolutely no different to fans of any other club in that we get annoyed after a defeat. It's not rocket science. No fans called for Mowbray's head at the weekend that I saw, they just questioned some of his decisions, what fans of other clubs anywhere in the world don't do that of their manager from time to time? I think some fans are so desperate to get on their high horse and be right, they forget about the one thing which unites us all, our mutual love of Blackburn Rovers FC.

Absolutely K-Hod but, over a period of 1-2 days, that questioning of his methods (which as arbitiro pointed out TM did himself) turned into a "frenzied calls for Mowbray's head", "foaming at the mouth forum rants" or similar.

Weird jumps to make really and arguably far more frenzied and melodramatic than any negative comment made towards Mowbray and the team.

Fans have always and will always be hugely reactive because of their love of the club.

• Moderation Lead
27 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Absolutely K-Hod but, over a period of 1-2 days, that questioning of his methods (which as arbitiro pointed out TM did himself) turned into a "frenzied calls for Mowbray's head", "foaming at the mouth forum rants" or similar.

Weird jumps to make really and arguably far more frenzied and melodramatic than any negative comment made towards Mowbray and the team.

Fans have always and will always be hugely reactive because of their love of the club.

It just made me laugh seeing so many people having a pop at some fans saying they were being OTT, they perhaps would have been if that was what they had said, when I don't recall a single person saying anything of the sort.

Christ knows why people make stuff up/exaggerate so wildly, maybe it's something they do to make themselves feel better, but to each their own I suppose.

I suppose what's even funnier is that the some of the very decisions which people legitimately questioned, where the same things which Mowbray questioned himself.

As I said, we're nothing special and we're genuinely no different to fans of any other club after a defeat. 'If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen' as the saying goes.

Simon Smith has clearly never been part of a debate in a pub after a disappointing defeat. Mowbray should have, team should have been, I'd have subbed such and such etc etc.....

It's how football's always been in my experience, the fact that so much debate these days takes place on line is the issue. Keyboard warriors wouldn't dream of getting quite so personal in the pub for fear of what they'd get.

Smith needs to get over himself.

We were poor at Plymouth and deserved what we got. Bring on the 'Latics, Saddlers and Shakers and COYB!

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

You're in for a treat, it's absolutely sensational. Particularly after a defeat. Look at the archive on it.

My favourite one is a Paddy Power parody- 'this isn't about one result, two results, three results' and his head explodes!

ArsenalFanTV is the greatest viewing about on YouTube, especially after a defeat. My personal favourite is Ty, the most deluded football supporter I've ever seen he's class :lol::lol: 

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Butty said:

ArsenalFanTV is the greatest viewing about on YouTube, especially after a defeat. My personal favourite is Ty, the most deluded football supporter I've ever seen he's class :lol::lol: 

I'm actually disappointed that Claude has become more mellow recently. His rage after a defeat was very entertaining, especially when he was going at it with Ty. Nowadays he seems more depressed than angry, which is just kinda sad.

Archived