BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Stat attack:

If keep the same point/game ratio for the rest of the season we'll end up with 90/91 points. It has only happened once the last 20 years that 90+ points haven't been enough for automatic promotion. That was Sheff Utd in 2011/12 season with 90 points, they also lost out in the play-offs.

Not good omens then. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

That target depends on us having another fantastic long run of good results, which is unlikely . Our recent form is  4 points out 9. 

Come on. I'd have been happy at the start of the season if you' said we virtually  secured play offs by end of January .

19 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

It took an unbeaten run of 18 games to almost claw back the ground Mowbray lost us at the start of the season.

and that's the problem (imo)

Mowbray just doesn't have it (if he ever did). Dour & Negative.

He's going to be the reason that we fail.

3 minutes ago, barry_ said:

Dour and Negative?

We sit 3rd, having won 17 and lost 5 and have scored 54 goals in the process, which means we're one of the countries leading goal scorers.

You can pick holes in Mowbray for many reasons, but the stats don't back up the dour and negative assumption.

Maybe you mean the man himself? Which is irrelevant anyway.

11 minutes ago, barry_ said:

I think Mowbray is more afraid of his own shadow than anything else and often that reflects in the teams performances.

I agree that the stats don't look too bad but we have not been convincing winners in all bar a couple of games.

In my opinion, unless we up our game consistently in the remaining 16 games we're resigned to the play off lottery.

Mowbray and the team need to have the courage in their own convictions if we're to be successful this term. 

I'm not a moaner or a knee jerker  as some have alluded to but just commenting on what I've seen that to date this season that we've not been anywhere near as good as we should have been and the unbeaten run has papered over the cracks. 4 wins and a loss in five yields 12 points, an unbeaten run of 2 wins and 3 draws yields only 9: stating the bleeding obvious I know!

Just attack Tony and forget about the opposition, let them worry about us.

38 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think Mowbray is more afraid of his own shadow than anything else and often that reflects in the teams performances.

I agree that the stats don't look too bad but we have not been convincing winners in all bar a couple of games.

In my opinion, unless we up our game consistently in the remaining 16 games we're resigned to the play off lottery.

Mowbray and the team need to have the courage in their own convictions if we're to be successful this term. 

I'm not a moaner or a knee jerker  as some have alluded to but just commenting on what I've seen that to date this season that we've not been anywhere near as good as we should have been and the unbeaten run has papered over the cracks. 4 wins and a loss in five yields 12 points, an unbeaten run of 2 wins and 3 draws yields only 9: stating the bleeding obvious I know!

We win:

MK 4-1, Bradford a 1-0 Rochdale a 3-0, Portsm 3-0, bury a 3-0, Oxford a 4-2, bpool a 4-2, peterbr a 3-2, fleet a 2-1 shrews 3-1, walsal 3-1 and not convincing? manchester city would be best to support

Just now, Mark45 said:

We win:

MK 4-1, Bradford a 1-0 Rochdale a 3-0, Portsm 3-0, bury a 3-0, Oxford a 4-2, bpool a 4-2, peterbr a 3-2, fleet a 2-1 shrews 3-1, walsal 3-1 and not convincing? Maybe manchester city would be best to support

Aye ok if you say so, we've been outstanding and convincing to date this season, I give up.

As regards your Manchester City comment: The proudest moment of my life was to be sat by my great grandad, grandad, dad and eldest son at Wembley in 1992. I'm proud to be a Rover and have been through thick and plenty of thin, so feck off with your inane, unfounded comments.

50 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Why does this remind me of the quote on brexit; “we’re tired of experts”..

The reason is; to forget or simply ignore the threats of the opposition is foolhardy. No manager could sustain a job with that mentality and if the team had been coached to be more mindful of the “bigger” (physically not by stature) teams in this division, we might be sat on more points as opposed to dropping so many at set pieces.

Another point on this, we should be looking to exploit teams weaknesses and prepare for their strengths, not simply ignore them in preference for a rigid plan!

Mowbray is not negative. In fact, if he had been more “pragmatic” overall I feel we’d have one or two less strikers/number 10’s and one or two more “ugly” defenders. I feel a more “negative” (which is a strange term generally in football, people sometimes label organisation and solid defending negative... but I digress..!) approach might have us on more points.

I have had a complete u-turn on mowbray in the last few months. He still frustrates at times with his over cautious approaches but I have seen he can put a good attacking team together and win games. His transfers have been more hit than miss. The players are together and want to play for him. Early in the season he seemed stubborn in his approach to games but more recently he is acknowledging when he has got it wrong and has adapted. There is no blind loyalty to players and they play on merit. He has galvanised the whole club ( and even brought Abbey back) and delivered some exciting football. The owners seem to trust him more than previous appointments. Is he perfect, no. Could he have done better , absolutely, but as it stands we have pretty much cemented a play off place and are in a strong position to kick on to automatic promotion. I know what he said about not being a proper manager if he couldn't get us up and there are still alot of points to play for and I wouldn't be ripping his contract up straight away of we didn't get promoted. He has lay some (albeit) small foundations on which to build on and overall I'm pleased with what he has done. Time will tell between now and may but I think there are alot more factors to consider depending on how we finish the season other than he's gone if we don't go up. 

23 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Aye ok if you say so, we've been outstanding and convincing to date this season, I give up.

As regards your Manchester City comment: The proudest moment of my life was to be sat by my great grandad, grandad, dad and eldest son at Wembley in 1992. I'm proud to be a Rover and have been through thick and plenty of thin, so feck off with your inane, unfounded comments.

Blackburn had very convincing wins results show and no need for vulgar phrases.

This weekend could be interesting. Shrewsbury play Plymouth who we know are playing well and Wigan have a tricky tie away at Southend. We’re at home to Oldham which won’t be easy but we probably have the better fixture. 

Think at least one of them will slip up but then so might we.

34 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

Blackburn had very convincing wins results show and no need for vulgar phrases.

It's Rovers Mark, apologies if any offence taken but it's more than just 'modern day football' to many of us. It's an institution of generations, a fact unknown to many sadly.

• Backroom
8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Unless we have a spectacular loss of form we are virtually assured of a place in the playoffs so if I were Mowbray I'd pick an attacking side for every game and go all out for the victories. 

And it's Shroesberry. 

But is that shroe like shoe or show?

1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

It feels like 1988 all over again. A great run (20 odd unbeaten??) let down by an average start (poor start this time) and an average season end (2018 as yet unknown) resulting with a brief playoff involvement.

God, can you imagine the reaction on here if the arse really does drop out of our season! 

11 hours ago, Biz said:

Missed the point as per. In case you are unaware of what that is, it’s not happened yet.

Its not my fault if you can't express yourself clearly!

Must get JAl to translate for me!

What's he on about JAL (as per)?

16 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It's Rovers Mark, apologies if any offence taken but it's more than just 'modern day football' to many of us. It's an institution of generations, a fact unknown to many sadly.

It is 'Blackburn Rovers' in Germany plus if saying f off to posters makes you feel big then superb.

Archived