BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I don't think the article's too bad. All he had to do was acknowledge the fact  that fans everywhere like to have a rant after a defeat and most are never happy - look at Chelsea's lot and they won the league last season.

Couldn't agree more, maybe he posts on here :rolleyes:

I don't read his column usually, but I do know he's from good Darwen stock and has been going for many years, just goes to show life/alternative opinion does exist outside of Brfcc, who'd have thought it.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15927337.Simon_Smith__Saturday_was_frustrating_for_all__Let___s_call_it_for_what_it_is___a_blip/?ref=mac

What is it with local columnists constantly slagging off the support? EVERY club has negative fans on social media, we are no different, the vast majority of fans are just desperate for promotion.

And as for this: 

We have all had to come to terms with the fact that our support isn’t raucous like Leeds’, for instance, or blindly loyal in the face of continued failure like Newcastle or West Ham

Amazing isn't it that a town club in the third divsion can't pull the punters in like big city clubs. Leeds have around 25-27000 a week, that's a one club city in one of the UK's biggest cities - wow what a support!

We've got a supremely loyal 10/11,000, who have been through hell - so you can shove this article up your proverbial!

Pathetic article this is just nonsense:

'I was reminded of this when so many apparent Rovers fans seemed overjoyed that they could finally vent spleen on Saturday after so long.'

Does he really think that any of us wanted to lose, drop from second place and end a great run? 

Holier than thou shite

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

'I was reminded of this when so many apparent Rovers fans seemed overjoyed that they could finally vent spleen on Saturday after so long.'

Does he really think that any of us wanted to lose, drop from second place and end a great run? 

Holier than thou shite

True, fans are tense because we all know how important it is to go up. We have had a bad 7 seasons. Nerves are to be expected. 

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Holier than thou shite

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why on earth would any Rovers fan want us to lose? It's mental to even suggest such a thing. Imagine saying something like that after the first defeat for months, just to score points.

Pathetic doesn't even begin to cover it. More cringeworthy I'd say.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

ArsenalFanTV is the greatest viewing about on YouTube, especially after a defeat. My personal favourite is Ty, the most deluded football supporter I've ever seen he's class :lol::lol: 

I like watching dt. Nothing better than having a brew Monday morning and watching them deluded fans start ranting after a defeat. Must see if you haven't seen it.

Bit random but my misses was filming a tv series for warner brothers going on channel 4 for "the next derren brown". He hypnotised her to hate blackburn (sorry, rovers :rolleyes:) and love Burnley. Whilst she is never sleeping in the same room as me again I managed to get the venkys out scarf on TV 

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

Couldn't agree more, maybe he posts on here :rolleyes:

I don't read his column usually, but I do know he's from good Darwen stock and has been going for many years, just goes to show life/alternative opinion does exist outside of Brfcc, who'd have thought it.

Enter Chief Littledig

Every club needs one I suppose

One of the beauties of spending a lot of my time in Malta is I am spared all this "you can't call Rovers, Blackburn" or "doomed, I tell ye, doomed" stuff.

I am still voting W12 D0 L4 and Rovers going all out to win in every remaining game.

After all a long unbeaten run of W8 D8 L0 yields 4 less points. 

With the Shrewsbury and Wigan results today, I reckon the target is now 11 wins from the last 15 games irrespective of today's draw.

With RB reporting Harry Chapman back in three weeks and presumably Lennahan back imminently, we should have enough quality to secure a top place regardless of selection eccentricities.

35 minutes ago, philipl said:

With the Shrewsbury and Wigan results today, I reckon the target is now 11 wins from the last 15 games irrespective of today's draw.

With RB reporting Harry Chapman back in three weeks and presumably Lennahan back imminently, we should have enough quality to secure a top place regardless of selection eccentricities.

Obviously it’s a bonus those returning but I feel we need to improve our overall form/consistency if we want automatic promotion. Ive had a nagging feeling since August that I’d be at Wembley this season....

3 hours ago, philipl said:

It's the team and the sum of the parts that's the issue phillip, we're not good enough IMO.

9 hours ago, 47er said:

The squad is good enough, the manager doesn't get the best out of them, for one reason and another.

I think we are lacking a proper, old school centre half. The way Davies bullied our centre halves yesterday was embarrassing. I'm convinced our goals against tally would be massively reduced by a player of this ilk.

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think we are lacking a proper, old school centre half. The way Davies bullied our centre halves yesterday was embarrassing. I'm convinced our goals against tally would be massively reduced by a player of this ilk.

Totally agree with this.  I think it's the one trick that Mowbray has missed so far.  In this League you need, as you say, a proper old fashioned centre-half, and I also feel you need a centre-forward of a similar type to Davies so you can change the style of play from time to time.  The last two occasions we got out of this League we had centre-back pairings of Hawkins/Faz and then Keeley/Faz - what we have today is vastly inferior to those combinations in terms of out and out defenders.   If you can't win games 1-0 then you are always going to struggle to win automatic promotion and even if we reach the play-offs, our suspect defending is going to be an issue.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Yet in 2 successive transfer windows we haven't addressed this deficiency. Football is a simple game,Tm overthinks it and misses the obvious.

22 hours ago, 47er said:

The squad is good enough, the manager doesn't get the best out of them, for one reason and another.

This. Mowbray has had the biggest budget in the league, the best squad in the league at his disposal. No excuses whatsoever not to get into the top 2. It'll be a total failure if we don't get there

We've got to be getting towards 90 points. If we don't do that then we've not done our end of the bargain and thus have only to look at ourselves for not doing enough. If we do reach 90+ and miss out we can probably consider ourselves unfortunate if we finish in the play-offs. To do that we're likely to need another 30 points from 45 available. Not going to do that unless there's a major improvement all over the pitch.

The three games on sky are looking pretty big coming up. Let’s cut it down to basics, we need to tighten up if we’re to be promoted. Slipping into the playoffs at min, shining light is Chapman in that situation...

Archived