BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracks starting to show down at Shrewsbury?

"I don't think the crowd have helped with that. I think they played their part. I'm disappointed with the numbers. We're top of the league and there's less than 5,000 here."

"So credit to the ones that did turn up but I want them louder. It felt almost eerie stood on the side particular after we get 1-0 up."

"We need to just remember what we were supposed to be. Yes we've done better, we may have peaked."

"It didn't feel like I was the manager of a club that could have gone top of the league tonight. People did not like that."

27 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

BUT - is it just me that if our manager gave this interview:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6684509-paul-hurst-post-gillingham

Would be both pissed off, a little insulted and very, very worried?

Their fans are entirely in agreement with Hurst. Perhaps that's the difference between a club that has deteriorated the connection between its own management and fans, and a club that hasn't. Hurst still has god status amongst their fans. It's been about a decade since we can remotely claim that feeling as Rovers fans.

1 minute ago, OnePhilT said:

Their fans are entirely in agreement with Hurst. Perhaps that's the difference between a club that has deteriorated the connection between its own management and fans, and a club that hasn't. Hurst still has god status amongst their fans. It's been about a decade since we can remotely claim that feeling as Rovers fans.

Speak for yourself...

Echoing the need to get automatic promotion, I have already commented that the two sides which have it in their control to get top 2 and Rotherham, the club everyone will want to avoid in the play-offs if Rovers and Wigan don't falter, are last season's relegated sides from the Championship.

Last night's results suggest Sunderland, Barnsley and Birmingham are going down this season so even more need to get out of this league at the first attempt.  

7 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

"I don't think the crowd have helped with that. I think they played their part. I'm disappointed with the numbers. We're top of the league and there's less than 5,000 here."

"So credit to the ones that did turn up but I want them louder. It felt almost eerie stood on the side particular after we get 1-0 up."

"We need to just remember what we were supposed to be. Yes we've done better, we may have peaked."

"It didn't feel like I was the manager of a club that could have gone top of the league tonight. People did not like that."

Shrewsbury, best season in decades, chance to go top, only 4,500 of their fans turn up... and they boo.

Rovers, down in the third division for the first time in nearly 40 years...  some fans also boo.

So just maybe, like on social media too,  a minority of fans behave like this AT EVERY CLUB.

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Shrewsbury, best season in decades, chance to go top, only 4,500 of their fans turn up... and they boo.

Rovers, down in the third division for the first time in nearly 40 years...  some fans also boo.

So just maybe, like on social media too,  a minority of fans behave like this AT EVERY CLUB.

Never Mattyblue. That kind of behaviour is limited to BRFCC posters only. Surely you know this? The twitterarti and holy-posters of this board remind you weekly. It's this board, and this board alone, that is full of negative ninnies.

How dare you suggest otherwise

8 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Honest onlookers, we are not obsessed ?

BUT - is it just me that if our manager gave this interview:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6684509-paul-hurst-post-gillingham

Would be both pissed off, a little insulted and very, very worried?

Wheels off?

Hurst came across as quite negative. Criticism of fans, certain players and their captain and almost preparing the fans for defeat at Charlton. It was done in a very flat tone, certainly not a call to arms.

I quite enjoyed listening to it :rover:

Big test for Shrewsbury will be at Charlton on Saturday. Time after time this season they've bounced back from disappointment with impressive wins and their away form is remarkably consistent. A defeat at the Valley will make it 1 win and 3 defeats in 5 games. However a win there as they have a habit of pulling out of the bag and they'll be right back on it.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Hurst came across as quite negative. Criticism of fans, certain players and their captain and almost preparing the fans for defeat at Charlton. It was done in a very flat tone, certainly not a call to arms.

I quite enjoyed listening to it :rover:

Fair play to Hurst for telling it like it is, but at the same time he risks alienating the players and a decent section of the fanbase all at once. It might have been smarter to wait until the season was over and everything was done before making those kinds of comments, but personally I'm glad that he didn't wait :lol: 

19 minutes ago, DE. said:

Fair play to Hurst for telling it like it is, but at the same time he risks alienating the players and a decent section of the fanbase all at once. It might have been smarter to wait until the season was over and everything was done before making those kinds of comments, but personally I'm glad that he didn't wait :lol: 

I thought Hurst might have been making an early play at the manager's merry-go-round in case their season goes belly up.

• Backroom

In fairness even if they completely collapsed and ended up 7th or 8th that would still be a huge improvement on their pre-season expectations. Mind-boggling that any of their fans would boo considering they were supposed to be battling relegation this season.

16 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Never Mattyblue. That kind of behaviour is limited to BRFCC posters only. Surely you know this? The twitterarti and holy-posters of this board remind you weekly. It's this board, and this board alone, that is full of negative ninnies.

Stop being hysterical. We're top of the league. Enjoy it and move on. EMBARRASSING.

On 21/02/2018 at 08:25, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's nice reading other people's opinions, especially when they are wrong.

On that would you rather be a moth or an earwig? 

On 21/02/2018 at 00:20, OnePhilT said:

In a similar vein but with a larger attendance I thought the Ewood crowd was pretty subdued on Monday night with Rovers in the same position - an opportunity to go top of the league. 

Our performance was very flat and this certainly didn’t help the crowd reaction or atmosphere. I did find myself wondering what the players felt at the end when the crowd reaction to the win was quite muted? A lot of people just seemed quite intent on getting home. 

You cannot say that other people’s opinions are wrong, they are just their opinion whether you agree or not and whether you like it or not.

Lets enjoy the momentum. off to Tenerife so looking for a nice result tomorrow and Tuesday for those fans going enjoy keep safe  and bring back a 6 point haul.

On 20/02/2018 at 07:20, philipl said:

Doing the job by winning two on the trot.

Now need to win 9 out of the last 13 if we are going to be certain of insuring ourselves against games in hand. Will reduce it to 8 out of 13 if Shrewsbury lose tonight but I think there is far too much wishful thinking about Gillingham despite the excellent run they are on.

From here on in, 90 is the absolute minimum number of points for automatic promotion but 95 has still to be the target. 

In the unlikely event of Rovers winning all their remaining games and Wigan suffering just one defeat, at Ewood, both teams finish on 105 points.

Realistically I can see Wigan finishing on 98-100 points. For me we simply have to match Shrewsbury result by result. Nine wins from twelve games are probably going to be needed. - 96 points. There is still everything to play for and huge pressure building in those three sides. 

We have to win at Wimbledon now. 

28 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

We are top but our goals against of 33 tells me we are heading for the playoffs. 

How dose that work as there are only 2 teams with less conceded but non with better goals scored. 

Archived