BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

15 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I agree it's going to be a topsy turvy few months. Each game is a must win for Rovers if automatic promotion is to be guaranteed, but the Wigan game is the must win of the must wins. It will give the team and fans a massive psychological boost.

Rovers are in promotion form, now is time for Mowbray to do his job and keep the players focused.

Is that Buck's younger brother?:D

Perhaps Eamonn if you can remember him ?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I was looking at the run ins. Ours is the most tricky,but you never know. 

IMG_20180225_113421.jpg

Wigan have the worst run in, they’ve got three more games :) 

If we keep gradually improving I can see us winning 9/10 of those games and I’m quite sure that would mean automatic.

An observation; most of the teams we still need to play are between 7th- 14th, many teams safe of relegation or with only a long shot at the playoffs. Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Fleetwood and MK dons will be scrapping for their lives over the next 2 months, Wigan have to play all of them.

I know it could be argued that these are “easy” games but season saving form/results aren’t an uncommon occurrence.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

I am sticking with my view that we can afford not to win 4 of the run in fixtures. This now looks a far less daunting win 8 from 12 than the win 11 from 15 since we have won the last three on the bounce.

Can’t agree and still think 9, including Wigan, is the CURRENT minimum. Could well have changed by 10.00pm tomorrow. 

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Indeef. Didn't realise until just now Wigan's game wss off. It would be immense f we could sneak out of Wimbledon with 3 points then beat them on Sunday. A nine point deficit looks fairly daunting no matter how many games you have in hand.

A win sets us up brilliantly either way, guarantees we finish the weekend top of the league and puts pressure on Shrewsbury to win on Saturday to stay within a point of us.

Huge chance, hope we can take it but I fear in these conditions physicality can overcome skill so we need to be prepared to battle.

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

Tbh I don't care about finishing top, which still looks unlikely to me. I just want to maintain, and hopefully, extend that gap between us and Shrewsbury and to maintain that 7 points between us and Rotherham.

We're 7/4 to win it 47er if you fancy it. Win on Sunday and it's on if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, bob fleming said:

We're 7/4 to win it 47er if you fancy it. Win on Sunday and it's on if you ask me. 

Yep. I'd say if we fail to win Sunday it's more likely we'd be going for second spot whereas if we win the boot is on the other foot and Wigan would actually be doing extremely well to get past us.

8 hours ago, bob fleming said:

Those odds don't seem over-value to me Bob! Wigan only have to win 2 other 4 games in hand to go above us so I'll stick with what I've said previously.

Good luck, I really hope your bet comes off!

Just now, 47er said:

Those odds don't seem over-value to me Bob! Wigan only have to win 2 other 4 games in hand to go above us so I'll stick with what I've said previously.

Good luck, I really hope your bet comes off!

We beat them and they need to win 3 out of the 4, and their fixtures are piling up. They have Southampton at home I believe in the cup, winnable for Wigan. Good luck to them I say! Keep the cup run going!

Don't get me wrong, I only had a fiver on it. I'll not be retiring!

Of more significance - we've 33 more points to try and earn... plenty of twists and turns just yet.

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

But we lost Mike Newell then. We have no such talisman

Even if you discount Graham (which I wouldn't on present form) Mulgrew and Dack are clearly talismanic players for us and losing either for an extended period would be a massive blow. 

In Rovers_Shaun defence you'd say Payne could replace Dack and be just as effective in that hole - he's shown glimpses of real game-dominating quality at times, ie: 1st half vs Walsall. You could also argue that Downing could come in and replace Mulgrew if the worst happens.

Whilst both are important players I firmly believe that, with the squad at hand right now, we could replace them and still win games.

Archived