BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Oldham

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outplayed, outfought, outsung.

This fixation with Mowbray being the only problem is doing my head in. We are the Arsenal of this division: fancy dans with no   bollocks for a fight. I think we have two players with the right attitude: Dack and Smallwood, both from humble beginnings and know what it takes. The rest look like they think this is all beneath them. Misplaced passes all over the field. Who is winning their personal battle? Who is even joining battle. If we don’t lose this we’re too good for this division attitude we are done.

And we can forget about teams parking the bus. Word has got out, our back four are mugs, all of them. Get at them and you’ll score for sure.

Dack Payne and Bennet are at least trying all the rest have beeeeen shit.

5 defenders at home to Oldham is crazy. I would take Williams and Smallwood off for Armstrong and Evans

something like that

Nyambe Mulgre Downing Bell

Payne Dack Evans Bennet

Graham Armstrong

I noticed Plymouth had a couple of decent looking players last week - I wasn't sure if they were ones they'd just signed on loan during the transfer window or not.

I see this guy that's scored twice today was signed on loan from Wolves.

It seems other teams have bolstered their ranks, but I'm not sure what we did exactly . . . We didn't even replace Chapman. I look at our bench and don't see anyone that could potentially come on and change the game either.

I stand corrected on my earlier comments of Bell on the wing !!!!!

A left back on one wing and a midfielder on the other WTF, we now resemble the shambles of the start of the season. This game reminds me so much of the Barnsley fixture at home last season when not surprisingly Mowbrays tactics and team selection were a shambles also along with the players application.

Not good enough by a long way the guy is coaching like a clown at the min and he clearly can't motivate this lot now for some reason.

Dozy @#/?tards the lot of em.

COME ON !!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack hasn't been at it since winning the player of the month award 

Are you there? Hes the only one putting in any effort.

Have to put this down to Mowbray once again, on this occasion bottling out of dropping either Williams or Bell and sticking Bell on the left wing to shoehorn him in the side.

His innate conservatism is killing us now we're getting down to the nitty gritty. The team looks completely flat lifeless and devoid of enthusiasm.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oldham have lost their last 5 away games and only won once away all season. Incredible 

I don't blame mowbray. It's the @#/?ing players. 

So you don't think Mowbray was wrong to start such a defensive team and change formation from the 4-3-2-1 which is served us well for the majority of the season? The players haven't turned up but Jesus TM has got it all wrong today and you can't even suggest otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack hasn't been at it since winning the player of the month award 

Today though Oldham's game plan seems to be working against him, defend narrow in midfield and stop Dack.  Unfortunately with not having two proper wingers the chance to disrupt their plan is looking lost, be interesting to see what the second half plan B is from us.

Archived