BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Oldham

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This shooting ourselves in the foot by both manager and some players is what will eventually see us finish 3rd or 4th this season if it isn't ironed out straight away.

God help us everytime a team dares to play well against us when tactics and selections have already supposedly been made to counter that.

Still think playing a relegation placed side with the worst defense in the Division warrants a front two.

Abysmal team selection by Mowbray.

Never thought we'd pull the two back in the second half so I'm with Jim- a point gained and a point closer to automatic promotion but.....

Let's see if Mowbray finally learns. 

Just now, Husky said:

Join Jim's 'minority of one' :P

I'm just saying it could have been worse. :) We should never expect the status quo in football, but if we're going to do that... Then I would have expected us, Shrews and Wigan to win today, leaving us all on an even keel. As it happens, we unbelievably gained, which makes things better than losing ground, or not gaining any at all.

1 minute ago, MGPensioner said:

Rotherham now 2 points closer to passing us

If Scunny won, I'm convinced that you'd be saying something far more dramatic than anything you could muster about a victory for a team that's 7 points behind us.

Just now, Preben said:

We have one more point than at the start of the day so it really is a point gained. Simples

A point rescued but two more available not been collected on a day they would have been so valuable. These are the margins and this is what sorts the men from the boys.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I'm just saying it could have been worse. :) We should never expect the status quo in football, but if we're going to do that... Then I would have expected us, Shrews and Wigan to win today, leaving us all on an even keel. As it happens, we unbelievably gained, which makes things better than losing ground, or not gaining any at all.

Football is unpredictable -  which is one of its attractions. Some fans think we have a right to roll over a team in a lower position than us or are a much "smaller" club than Rovers. The sense of entitlement is astonishing. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

If Scunny won, I'm convinced that you'd be saying something far more dramatic than anything you could muster about a victory for a team that's 7 points behind us.

You should check their form and then look at ours. They are flying and will defo end in playoffs - probably beat us in final too.

Just now, tomphil said:

A point rescued but two more available not been collected on a day they would have been so valuable. These are the margins and this is what sorts the men from the boys.

So you agree it was a point gained?

Id just like to know why mowbray persists in playing players out of position, strikers on the wing, wingers in the middle, defenders in midfield, full backs at centre back, central midfielders out wide, why,  fecking why, is he doing it? 

Not quite the unmitigated disaster it appeared at half time but nevertheless far from good enough, we ain't going up unless we can put teams to the sword at home.

Can't for the life of me understand what the manager is playing at we were brilliant against Walsall and the manager keeps tinkering with that line up in the name of being more defensive. Why the hell won't he play Payne and Armstrong in the same line up?

I'm with K Hod on Travis, thought he had a great impact and dragged us back into it with his enthusiasm.

On a brighter note, someone I know was speaking to Chapman today and he's back in 3 weeks. Only problem is TM probably won't start him because that would be too adventurous.

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Good to ultimately get a draw, but we were hideous until we scored. Should be smashing teams like that out of sight. 

Not sure why Payne was given man of the match, must need a new watch...

The overwhelming positive for me was the performance of Lewis Travis, lad looks so confident and assured for someone his age. Some superb tackles from him as well.

Travis looks a solid player to me also. Today a draw feels like a win after that abject first half. Results elsewhere are a blessing. Let’s keep the 3 at the back because we’ve obviously got players who suit that role! 

Just now, rovers11 said:

It's a funny old game. Fully expected us to beat Oldham, but I also fully expected Shrews to beat Plymouth. So to be 1 point closer to the top 2 has to be a positive. Opportunity missed though. 

1 point is not enough.

Just now, JacknOry said:

I agree you stated the bleeding obvious. Should we have gained more is my question?

On the basis of the first half a resounding no. I suppose it depends if you thought we were entitled to win before the match started?

Just now, rovers11 said:

It's a funny old game. Fully expected us to beat Oldham, but I also fully expected Shrews to beat Plymouth. So to be 1 point closer to the top 2 has to be a positive. Opportunity missed though. 

I actually had Plymouth to win against Shrewsbury after seeing them last week. Was Doncaster in the 94th bloody minute that undone me ?

18 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

You're still in a minority of 1

Minority of two. Anyone in the ground will tell you Oldham put in a very good first half. We defended badly for their goals

Rovers fought back in the manner a promotion chasing side should. We gained a point on our rivals.

No one would have predicted the results today. Let’s see what happens Tuesday. I think we can go to second. 

Just now, Preben said:

On the basis of the first half a resounding no. I suppose it depends if you thought we were entitled to win before the match started?

Entitled no - but seriously you guys are happy to be drawing at home after goin 0-2 down to relegation candidates ? Look at our squad and then thiers and look at how we lined up tactically. 

The dumbing down really is working!

Archived