BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Oldham

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe no one is giving Oldham any credit. Think that was the best half anyone has had at Ewood since Doncaster dominated us.

Payne and Dack where getting bullied in the first half today, and Downing and Smallwood both deserved the hook at halftime. Much better second half and as Tony said we showed our quality. Oldham where lucky in the end.

Armstrong is lightning fast, was on full show a few times and Travis was exceptional when he came on. Payne looked tidy in the second half.

Bennetts crossing second half was an absolute shambles. Ridiculous a professional winger can't cross a ball consistently.

Tony all of a sudden has selection headaches galore. 

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Personally, I’d argue our youth output is better than anyone else in this league and is likely to be our main “saviour” long term.

Bury at home in that whatever cup showed up our boys against league one opposition.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Which is his main position? Right back?

Looks comfortable in all but in the 1st team its centre midfield. 

2 hours ago, JAL said:

In the main Rovers under 23's are not good enough for League one standard.

Did I say they were but 4 or 5 players are. 

2 hours ago, JAL said:

They have better coaches to implement this .

Plus what have the under 23' & 18's won by playing this way ?

Give them a full season first..

Chelsea win youth comps and not or very few make the 1st team. 

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Chaddy, Can you not see how naive that statement is?

Irrespective of Under 23s, Under 18s, (it's fine for under 10s because that's only 6 a side!) and Chelsea, how without at least one dominant, no nonsense central defender and a commanding goalkeeper, how is it the best formation for us? 

No I cant. 

I would like to see three at back used in the 1st team. 

We dont have out and out but Bell and either Bennett or Travis would be good wing backs for us. 

• Backroom

Thought there were a couple of very intentional aspects to how Oldham went about things, they had obviously highlighted that we are weak on the counter attack as their keeper looked to launch early a couple of times.

Also they put a big man in front of Raya on corners, they know if the keeper doesn't give a free kick he's in trouble and it nearly led to a goal.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Superb would be top of the league, top two minimum, as it is we are failing to be where we need to be!

Not far off but not quite 

In Germany FC Bayern Moanchen need winning by 4 scores or more each match,if only 3 scores national day of crying. 

In Blackburn we are place 3 and still on here national day of crying. I see games live and fans in stadia are not like this?????? Why?????

15 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

In Germany FC Bayern Moanchen need winning by 4 scores or more each match,if only 3 scores national day of crying. 

In Blackburn we are place 3 and still on here national day of crying. I see games live and fans in stadia are not like this?????? Why?????

I know Rovers are third in League 1 but you do know it's the Third division Mark? I hope you enjoy yourself at Pompey and stick a bratwurst on that ugly tattood git with the bell? google calls!

If we have been found out now by teams having played them all once it could be a rough old second half of the season especially if the manager is worrying about every side that's given us a tough game first time around :unsure:

23 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

You've a lot learn about the English fan then :lol:

I suspect you already know full well though eh !

Makes me laugh when our own fans try to make out that only our own fans moan.

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Chaddy, Can you not see how naive that statement is?

Irrespective of Under 23s, Under 18s, (it's fine for under 10s because that's only 6 a side!) and Chelsea, how without at least one dominant, no nonsense central defender and a commanding goalkeeper, how is it the best formation for us? 

Chaddy thinks TM doesn't tinker enough.

4 hours ago, barry_ said:

has anyone heard Mowbrays interview on Radio Lancs?

It perfectly suns up his limitations as our manager.

He spends most of the interview talking about how Oldham were, what they were about, how fired up they were for the game.

No mention of his awful tactics, of his porous defence, no talk about his team.

Sickening.

He sounded subdued, disconnected, blaming Oldhams high adrenalin levels. Worrying.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The current match squad is suited to 3 at the back. 

Armstrong should play up front. Dack in hole. Bell and Bennett wide. Lenihan Mulgrew and Williams at the back. Travis and Smallwood in centre back. 

We dont have wingers in the squad. 

3 at the back. Makes perfect sense to me and other fans. 

Like Khod said people who moaned about Bennett have a vendetta against him. Work hard today and played well second half. 

Assuming you still need a goalkeeper in your 3 at the back system that makes 10  players. Who did you miss out? Graham?

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Can't believe no one is giving Oldham any credit. Think that was the best half anyone has had at Ewood since Doncaster dominated us.

Payne and Dack where getting bullied in the first half today, and Downing and Smallwood both deserved the hook at halftime. Much better second half and as Tony said we showed our quality. Oldham where lucky in the end.

Armstrong is lightning fast, was on full show a few times and Travis was exceptional when he came on. Payne looked tidy in the second half.

Bennetts crossing second half was an absolute shambles. Ridiculous a professional winger can't cross a ball consistently.

Tony all of a sudden has selection headaches galore. 

Payne was certainly very tidy with his cushioned header back to their keeper when he should have wrapped the game up for us!

What a second half that was, we should've won comfortably.

My negatives from the game are our defence, this must be the worst back four in living memory!

The positives are the way we played after the break, it was great to watch.

I can't be bothered reading the thread as I know it will be doom and gloom, but I haven't enjoyed a half like that for some time.

TM deserves some credit for the changes at half time, and I think Travis deserves a start after that performance.

I do hope Bell has more to offer after today, and Nyambe seems to be going backwards at the moment,

I thought Oldham fans were excellent today, the 'blue and tangerine' to yellow submarine was great.

Let's keep a grip, 1 defeat in 19 or 20 is pretty good going in my book.

COYB

10 minutes ago, Doug said:

Nyambe seems to be going backwards at the moment,

He might have done better for their first goal, will have to see it again, but I'd say his all-round game has still improved a lot these last few weeks.

In the first half today he was doing the right flank all by himself at times, with Payne always drifting inside. A couple of times he surged forward, which he's starting to do more and should be doing given his power and pace, but there was literally nobody in front of him.

Why for the last two games have we played abysmally from Kick off and given ourselves a Mountain to climb?...it's as though our players don't know their positions.It's unfathomable.

One point from two teams near the bottom is disappointing....we have to be at these teams from the start,the mind set needs to change.

What an opportunity missed yesterday.

Archived