BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth v Rovers

• Backroom

On the way up Livesey Branch Road on Saturday I was lamenting the fact that we rarely seem to find late winners, very refreshing that wasn't the case tonight.

Don't care if it was scrappy or even smash and grab it felt imperative to keep pace tonight and we expected wins for the rivals so a great night all in all.

Some interesting selection choices ahead for the next game where we have the benefit / disadvantage of seeing how the other two do on Saturday before we play Monday    

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JAL said:

No I asked why does the short term contractor Armstrong do the job that the full time employee Nuttall or Samuel should be doing but I didn't mention there names but you have to ask why are the full time employees here.

Because we can't afford Armstrong and Newcastle might not be up for selling him. Pretty straightforward really.

That said, Samuel has been a waste of half a million pounds up to now.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

win is a win. 

No credit for Armstrong being played up front and starting after the switch to 3-5-2 and we control the game according to Rich Sharpe

bring Lenihan on who was very good. 

So you didn’t watch it then?

Absolutely fantastic win on the road against a Pompey side that don't lose many at home. 

This side once again shows tremendous character as Pompey threw the kitchen sink at us, but we soaked up plenty of pressure and deserved the win on the night.

Raya at fault for the goal, but it doesn't matter it's 3 points coming back to Lancashire.

Good to see Len back and all credit to Mowbray for finding another gem in Armstrong.

Onwards and upwards.

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

No I asked why does the short term contractor Armstrong do the job that the full time employee Nuttall or Samuel should be doing but I didn't mention there names but you have to ask why are they full time employees here if the short term contractors are delivering the results.

As for three at the back always thought it was three at the back plus Nyambe. 

I don’t rate Samuel and have high hopes for Nuttall. But neither have Armstrong’s pace.

Cheap shot about Nyambe.

Listening to it on Radio Lancs it sounded a fantastic game for the neutral, real end to end stuff.

Sounds like we played some very good stuff going forward and pressed well high up the pitch and showed a lot of charactet to come back, adapt the formation and nick a winner.

By god did we need those 3 points after an indifferunt run. Well done everyone.

Just now, Stuart said:

So you didn’t watch it then?

watch the game on facebook. video not the best but listening to BBC Radio Lancs coverage 

will watch the full game on Rovers player 

watch the 1st 30 mins of the game in the Park Inn in Accrington before coming home

Just now, Stuart said:

I don’t rate Samuel and have high hopes for Nuttall. But neither have Armstrong’s pace.

Cheap shot about Nyambe.

Nuttalls like Samuel and Nyambe is a cheap shot......Rovers need better.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Listening to it on Radio Rovers it sounded a fantastic game for the neutral, real end to end stuff.

Sounds like we played some very good stuff going forward and pressed well high up the pitch and showed a lot of charactet to come back, adapt the formation and nick a winner.

By god did we need those 3 points after an indifferunt run. Well done everyone.

Spot on!

Just now, Gav said:

Absolutely fantastic win on the road against a Pompey side that don't lose many at home. 

This side once again shows tremendous character as Pompey threw the kitchen sink at us, but we soaked up plenty of pressure and deserved the win on the night.

Raya at fault for the goal, but it doesn't matter it's 3 points coming back to Lancashire.

Good to see Len back and all credit to Mowbray for finding another gem in Armstrong.

Onwards and upwards.

Pompey are shyte at this moment in time.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

My own estimation of the performance may have been adversely affected by the constant freezing of the stream. As ever, a win covers a multitude, but I do wish we used the ball better.

Is your connection fast enough? I only ask because ifollow has been better and better for weeks out here in the sticks

Just now, JAL said:

Nuttalls like Samuel and Nyambe is a cheap shot......Rovers need better.

Nuttall needs time, and maybe time in the gym. He bosses defenders at U23 level.

Nyambe will be a candidate for POTY if he keeps up his recent form.

• Backroom

Just seen the Red, think he was just over eager to get there but it's a red card tackle, the lad will beat himself up about it but it didn't cost us nor will it hamper him too much other than missing a match (or two?) 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

watch the game on facebook. video not the best but listening to BBC Radio Lancs coverage 

will watch the full game on Rovers player 

watch the 1st 30 mins of the game in the Park Inn in Accrington before coming home

So form your own opinion instead of passing on whatever Rich Sharp (who?) thinks, as though it makes it any more credible.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

said that Wigan FA cup would get in the way and players would start to get tired and under performed

I don't think their current blip has anything to do with the cup run, but it just shows there are likely to be plenty of twists & turns ahead.

Well done GB. Clearly his boys gave it a right good go this evening.

Could be a crucial win for us. Nice to turn 1 point into 3 instead of the other way around for a change.

Have to feel a bit for Travis, stupid challenge but he was on the verge of breaking into the first 11, but surely a setback now with players coming back from injury and fighting for their place. 

With the players we have, 3-5-2 seems to be the way forward for me. It means our best players play in their best positions and there is more fluidity in the team. 

Just now, Tom said:

Just seen the Red, think he was just over eager to get there but it's a red card tackle, the lad will beat himself up about it but it didn't cost us nor will it hamper him too much other than missing a match (or two?) 

A very mistimed challenge. Great to see mulgrew sticking up for him anyway 

Archived