BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bury

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only thing I expect is us to go after them from the off not set up counter attacking at home just because they've ground out a couple of decent results last week.

Whatever happens that's not much to ask :rover:

If we did go at them hard from the get go, you would imagine they would have no answer for it. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Only thing I expect is us to go after them from the off not set up counter attacking at home just because they've ground out a couple of decent results last week.

Whatever happens that's not much to ask :rover:

Hope so. We need to tonk someone at Ewood. Let's hope its Bury on Monday!  ?

I'm not too fussed about giving someone a good hiding. I'd sooner we just started quickly, got a couple of goals up and kept a clean sheet. A professional, steady, controlled performance where we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, don't give away any soft goals and don't put ourselves under loads of pressure and end up hanging on for dear life or run out of time.

I've missed the feeling of being 2 or 3 nil up at half time and coasting to a routine victory.

7 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

we expect a performance and win.

I'm far from expecting a performance. We haven't done that all season against lesser opposition that comes to Ewood with the only option of frustrating us for a point. We might win, but don't count on the sort of performance that I imagine you're expecting!

I could list plenty of reasons why I disliked being in the Premiership, but the main one:

Fooking about with the fixtures.

Thankfully it doesn't happen very often these days, but Bury on a Monday night? I bet sky sports subscribers cannot wait.....

Rovers 3 Bury 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I could list plenty of reasons why I disliked being in the Premiership, but the main one:

Fooking about with the fixtures.

Thankfully it doesn't happen very often these days, but Bury on a Monday night? I bet sky sports subscribers cannot wait.....

Rovers 3 Bury 1

Particularly when Wigan v Man City is live on free to air BBC.

Shame it's on telly.

We as fans have a role to play and get behind them from the off.

I hope Tony doesn't bugger about, selects an appropriate team and goes for a convincing victory from the off!

COYB!! please!!!!!!!

Should be top at ten o'clock!!!

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

A draw takes us top of the league, we need to get out of the traps early and be relentless, need to capitalise now 

We (and Mowbray) cannot even consider a draw in this game. We may go top but Wigan will have 9 points still to gain on us without reply. We also need to put pressure on Shrewsbury.

Should be no pressure on this at all just a real big incentive to chase and going out to protect the nil first and foremost will just lead to jitters on and off the pitch we've seen it before.

Positive line up and approach and positive backing from the stands needed however it's unfolding.

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We (and Mowbray) cannot even consider a draw in this game. We may go top but Wigan will have 9 points still to gain on us without reply. We also need to put pressure on Shrewsbury.

A draw would be a terrible result I wouldn't ever say otherwise was just pointing out the scenario 

Just now, Tom said:

A draw would be a terrible result I wouldn't ever say otherwise was just pointing out the scenario 

The fact that none of us would appear to have the confidence that we're going to beat the bottom of the league on Monday says a great deal to me.

It shouldn't even be a consideration or have I missed something?

Archived