BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bury

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I fancy us to deliver tonight. So much so that I have had a flutter on Rovers and City to both score over 4 goals at 66/1

Well I hope you win your bet but I badly want Wigan to at least draw to add yet another game to the final weeks of their season. If they get to the FA Cup Final even better!!! ??

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Mowbray doing anything right doesn't fit the narrative does it?

Straw man alert!

Nobody has ever said that he hasn't done anything right, merely that he hasn't done some things right. The degree and number of things he hasn't done right differ from poster to poster, as you'd expect on a Message Board.

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

Stop digging blueboy, your obvious dislike of Mowbray is clear, if we fail to go up you can spend the summer saying 'I told you so' but until then keep that powder dry :P

But then you'll tell him he's being right in hindsight and further, that we should be looking forward to the next season not back to the last! :P:P

Just now, 47er said:

Straw man alert!

Nobody has ever said that he hasn't done anything right, merely that he hasn't done some things right. The degree and number of things he hasn't done right differ from poster to poster, as you'd expect on a Message Board.

:lol:

Maybe you missed the Mowbray out thread......

Just now, 47er said:

But then you'll tell him he's being right in hindsight and further, that we should be looking forward to the next season not back to the last! :P:P

......as you'd expect on a messageboard 

9 minutes ago, kocharowski said:

Hi, a gambler here in peace. I would like to ask you on quality of Rovers defence. I am sure you should do three points tonight, but I see a value on a bet - Rovers to win with a clean sheet. Yes, Bury are several matches undefeated, but the League One  table does not lie and every row of results will come to an end...

If you can give me some advice, thank you. Cheers! 

Rovers to win with both teams to score is my bet tonight.  When the team is announced might be tempted to add a Rovers by +2 goals

Bury despite their position are not on a bad run, only failed to score once in their last five matches and we have not kept any clean sheets in the previous five . Any Rovers supporter will tell you we never do things the easy way :) 

12 minutes ago, kocharowski said:

Hi, a gambler here in peace. I would like to ask you on quality of Rovers defence. I am sure you should do three points tonight, but I see a value on a bet - Rovers to win with a clean sheet. Yes, Bury are several matches undefeated, but the League One  table does not lie and every row of results will come to an end...

If you can give me some advice, thank you. Cheers! 

We have had 10 clean sheets in 32 games and have let in some silly goals at times, I have gone for a Rovers win with over 3.5 goals in the game at 3-1.

Raya

Lenihan   Mulgrew     Williams

Bennett       Smallwood  Dack         Bell

Payne

Graham       Armstrong      

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Nyambe, Evans, Conway, Samuel, Antonsson

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

The only narrative is we have to go up. Let's hope the resolution to the narrative arc is that Mowbray doesn't get sacked for failing to achieve it. The chances of that happening when you change your team to counter Oldham's right-back are quite high.

If you see things differently please elaborate?

I suspect at least 67% of you (personally) would be happy that Mowbray had been sacked. 

Mowbray's only negative in my mind is that he tries to fight his dourness rather than fully accepting it. You can't fight dour.

He's got the team winning more than they are losing for the first time since Venky's weasled into town and for that I will always love him in a non sexual way. Ok a bit sexual. 

49 minutes ago, 47er said:

Straw man alert!

You'll have to elaborate on 'Straw man' for me, I Googled it but nothing came up on 'man who has a different opinion to me'. 

That second sentence is simply too boring to respond to. 

2 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Raya

Lenihan   Mulgrew     Williams

Bennett       Smallwood  Dack         Bell

Payne

Graham       Armstrong      

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Nyambe, Evans, Conway, Samuel, Antonsson

I reckon he'll go for this but with Nyambe in for Payne, with Dack in the hole, Bennett CM and Nyambe RWB. Like you, I think he'd drop Downing before Williams.

Must win tonight - would be a big statement if we could see them off relatively comfortably too.

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Gutted that it's not on iFollow. *Hint hint*

I'll settle for any win, no matter how it comes. We've seen how even teams at the top can cock up unexpectedly, so I'll be happy for us to get through it with a scrappy win.

PM me closer to kick off and I would gladly take your hint.

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

He's got the team winning more than they are losing for the first time since Venky's weasled into town

By what metric? We won more than we lost in 13/14 and 14/15 under Bowyer...

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Where you getting them odds mate? On sky bet it's 14/1 for the double with both scoring 4 or more

Sorry, the way I wrote that is misleading, it should have said more than 4, not over 4, which means at least 5.

I got those odds on Betway but I see it has reduced to  45/1 now.......

I fancy City to get 5 at Wigan, especially if they get an early one, and I think we are due to smash someone at Ewood with the firepower we have. We could easily have hit 7 or 8 against Walsall.

Just now, DE. said:

By what metric? We won more than we lost in 13/14 and 14/15 under Bowyer...

BY WHAT METRIC?

Try looking at the league table for once DE, it doesn't lie and tells you everything you need to know!

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yup - that we draw far too much.

Those draws could have been loses, bags of goals, bags of wins, unheard of in recent times.

I do wonder how some have made it through the past 7 seasons, because if this is what posters are like in a good season!

Anyway apologies for digressing - We're going top tonight :goal: 

Just now, Gav said:

Those draws could have been loses, bags of goals, bags of wins, unheard of in recent times.

I do wonThe point is that many should have been wins. der how some have made it through the past 7 seasons, because if this is what posters are like in a good season!

Anyway apologies for digressing - We're going top tonight :goal: 

The point is that many should have been wins.

But I digress..(new favourite term?)

I expect nothing but top tonight.

We are 'more arrogant' according to 'little old Shrewsbury' it seems for expecting to beat second-bottom Bury.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96758/more-arrogance

The irony from the OP is a joy to behold considering just a couple of threads down in their forum - there is a thread where they are blaming the referee for their defeat against Rotherham.

3 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I am usually never nervous, but for some reason I am this evening. 

Any idea how ticket sales are going? 

Calm down Nathan- somebody will turn up .They always do. I don't think you need to be nervous about it.

Just now, JacknOry said:

We are 'more arrogant' according to 'little old Shrewsbury' it seems for expecting to beat second-bottom Bury.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96758/more-arrogance

Arrogant bunch, aren't they? You would think they were the ones who were in the Premiership a few years ago and not almost getting relegated to league 2 last year. 

Also, to the gobshite who wrote "Buts lets be honest, Blackburn should still be playing Champions League football (according to some of their deluded fans" . I don't remember any Rovers fans saying we should be playing Champions league football when we were last in the Premiership, let alone now. 

Archived