BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bury

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing but a win is acceptable tonight.

It’s that simple. Good runs or not, for either team, this has to be a statement of intent as much as it is three points in the race to try to get ahead of Shrewsbury.

Promotion remains out of our hands and it’s still Wigan’s title to throw away.

Dont win tonight and our credentials are very much in question.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Nothing but a win is acceptable tonight.

It’s that simple. Good runs or not, for either team, this has to be a statement of intent as much as it is three points in the race to try to get ahead of Shrewsbury.

Promotion remains out of our hands and it’s still Wigan’s title to throw away.

Dont win tonight and our credentials are very much in question.

Would agree with that. Will show us everything we need to know about the size of our gonads if we don't win, and certainly wouldn't bode well for any crunch matches in the play-offs. Need the 3 points - a draw shouldn't even be entering the minds of management and players with the top spot on offer (albeit for now).

COYB - us scoring first is so crucial tonight.

Fancy Danns will get a bit of gip from the home support tonight. Was never consistent but if we let him settle he is capable of a match winning performance.

But as always in this League, the only serious threat to getting all three points is selection and team orders...

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Fancy Danns will get a bit of gip from the home support tonight. Was never consistent but if we let him settle he is capable of a match winning performance.

But as always in this League, the only serious threat to getting all three points is selection and team orders...

No chance, most fans probably won't associate him with ever playing here and the rest will have no ill will towards him.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Exactly that, I remember in both the Doncaster and Wimbledon losses we had a decent chance after 5 minutes or so, if that goes in the game opens up and I think we get a few more, concede first and we are back to the Northampton, Wimbledon, Doncaster and Oldham games where they stick 92 men behind the ball and take 6 months to take a goal kick with the odd break in play for the referee to slowly walk across the pitch, speak to the player for 7 minutes then walk away without carding them.

Not scoring early can really make home games troublesome

You don't believe in exaggerating, do you Tom.

I have a horrible feeling tonight will be another Oldham-type game. I hope I am wrong.

• Backroom

Not the team I would have picked, Evans and Smallwood I'm not convinced about together but at least we have good options to replace Evans when he limps off after half an hour 

Still fancy a good performance and solid win.

3-4-1-2... Happy with that team. Exactly the team I would have picked minus Evans. 

Bury have some decent players on paper, so I don't think this game will be that straightforward. Their number 19, George Miller,  is the one to watch. Has scored in the last 4 matches or something like that, only 20 years old. 

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Very negative line up, he seems to be ttying to get all our defensive players onto the pitch in one go.

Are we trying for the 0-0? 

Williams 50th consecutive game, have a feeling he doesn't want to drop him and will shoehorn him in.

Bell had a storming first game at Ewood but looked lost last time out so hope he does ok in a role that's likely to be more advanced.

I think this formation has long been in the managers mind so let's hope it pays off.

Such a strange team. Is that the official formation or a guess @Gavlar Somerset Rover!?

Nyambe’s tongue keeping him out, and with no Travis, no faith in Caddis?

Bell back on this wing?Mowbray is such a frustrating manager. His inability to stop meddling with the system cost us last time out at home. Let’s hope we are championing his genius after the game.

Just now, Miker said:

3-4-1-2... Happy with that team. Exactly the team I would have picked minus Evans. 

Bury have some decent players on paper, so I don't think this game will be that straightforward. Their number 19, George Miller,  is the one to watch. Has scored in the last 4 matches or something like that, only 20 years old. 

You’d have dropped Nyambe and played a full back on the opposite wing? Fair play.

Rather have seen Dack alongside Smallwood and Payne In the number 10. Pleased Lenihan is back. 

I think most knew a 3 at the back was coming. Plenty of options on the bench. 

Early goal would be most welcome. 

3-1 Graham Armstrong x2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Pleased that he has gone with two strikers. Armstrong looks dynamite up front.

Not sure we need 5 defenders and two defensive midfielders though. Bury must be some team. :rolleyes:

Yep my thoughts exactly. 7 defensive players and 3 attackers. Weird.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You’d have dropped Nyambe and played a full back on the opposite wing? Fair play.

Nyambe has not been at his best last couple of games and in that formation Bell and Bennett play more as wing backs. Out of the players we have, those are the best players for that role. Although I'm not entirely convinced by Bell yet. 

My one gripe is Evans offers little creativity in the middle. 

Archived