BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bury

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very negative line up, he seems to be ttying to get all our defensive players onto the pitch in one go.

Are we trying for the 0-0? 

How?We are playing a front two with Dack in behind?We don't have any creative wingers in the squad so I can see why he is playing with wing backs.

Armstrong looks a lot more dangerous playing up top rather than left of a three behind.

Only negative for me is Evans playing. Would have put Bennett alongside Smallwood and Nyambe at wing back 

8 minutes ago, Miker said:

Nyambe has not been at his best last couple of games and in that formation Bell and Bennett play more as wing backs. Out of the players we have, those are the best players for that role. Although I'm not entirely convinced by Bell yet. 

My one gripe is Evans offers little creativity in the middle. 

I’m not convinced either can play that role.

With Dack and Armstrong on board I don’t think we necessarily need more creativity in the middle. Just a couple of enforcers.

Will be watching with interest tonight. And if we don’t get an early goal probably through my fingers!

People will moan at any line- up (I'd always have Payne in the team) but that looks an attacking team to me with Bennett and Bell given licence to get up and down the flanks. Armstrong is the key - those goals at Pompey will have boosted his confidence no end. Fancy him to score tonight. 

37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Such a strange team. Is that the official formation or a guess @Gavlar Somerset Rover!?

The side TM has selected. It’s the side I predicted he’d go for minus Nyambe for Evans. I did say Williams is undroppable for Mowbray though.

Let’s see this 3-5-2 firing then, Tony. Good options on the bench but let’s hope we don’t need them!

Archived