BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bury

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

This fecking short corner has to stop. Absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional.

When was the last time we actually scored off a corner in any way?? 

Derek Williams is one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Blackburn shirt. Slow. Not a good defender and just kicks it to the opposition goalkeeper. 

Evans may as well not be there. 

Jesus Christ that was pitiful. If a neutral was mad enough to tune into that they’d have turned off after 2 minutes. 

Changes at half time needed. 3-5-2 does not work - certainly not at home. Get the useless Evans off for Payne and then Antonsson for Bell shortly after. Half of them can’t even pass the ball ten feet - it truly is embarrassing.

Do the boys or TM not quite get the importance of this match? 1 shot on target at home against second from bottom. Infuriating. As many of us expected, we lack the guts and nous when it matters most. Prove me wrong second half, please FFS.

• Backroom

Absolutely pathetic first half. If you didn't know any better you'd assume this was two teams fighting a relegation scrap. We look like we're playing a  friendly. Just typical Mowbray, a lot of passing and no end product at all. Horrendous to watch. It doesn't matter who we play, it's always the same. Deservedly booed off at half time. Another big half time team talk needed... Seems to be every week now. 

Not a very inspiring half of football as far as were concerned. Lacking any sort of snap in midfield and Evans doesn't like he's at the races. Dack been his usual 'give it a go' self, but frankly hasn't seen enough of the ball to create a whole lot. Bell looks like he has the measure of the Bury full back and has gotten around him once or twice, but we need a whole lot more than the odd left wing caper.

Hoping for a bit more vim and urgency in the second half.

• Backroom

Feel like Bell is itching to get forward but not having the passes played to him.

Need to at least get Bennett in Evans' place and Nyambe on the right. Or could stick with this but get Payne on for Evans to let Dack/Armstrong stay forward with Graham.

F**k the 3-5-2. I don't like the formation but if we are going to insist on playing it at least try and utilise the wing backs instead of hopelessly passing it around the back then hoofing it up field. Real lack of urgency and a poor first half. I'd rather have started Bennett in the middle and Nyambe on the right as he's quicker, Bennett struggled a bit for me then but it's only Dack who's looked up for it so far. Disagree with the boo's at half time though, doesn't help at all and is just cringey. That's been part and parcel of the Venkys Era though, we love any excuse to boo at Ewood these days so whatever. Change to 4-3-2-1 and turn it up rovers FFS.

Get Evans and Williams off for Payne and Bennett. So poor that half. The formation just feels like TM rotating for rotation's sake - it's an uncomplicated league but we like to make it complicated.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Very poor. Some of the forward balls from Evans and Smallwood are diabolical.

Is it just me that thinks Williams seems remarkably resistant to passing to Bell?

No its very noticeable. Trying to make him look bad?

Need Payne on for Evans and move Bennett into the middle. Williams off for Antonsson and move Bell to left back.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, sambo said:

Get Evans and Williams off for Payne and Bennett. So poor that half. The formation just feels like TM rotating for rotation's sake - it's an uncomplicated league but we like to make it complicated.

And just play 10 men? ?

Archived