[Archived] Rovers v Bury

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, benhben said:

Mowbray loves Will iams.

Team looks much more comfortable 4 2 3 1 

3-5-2 has only ever worked when we've been forced to change to it mid match. Every time we start with it we look like shit. Keep it as a back up tactic when things aren't going well, but we can't start with it.

15 minutes ago, Hasta said:

"Look how exposed this Blackburn back 3 are" says the commentator. 

We've already seen it mate.

"Blackburn look a lot more organised" says the commentator now we have Payne on the pitch and a back 4.

He's sussed it out in 75 minutes.

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

Why the F does Payne start on the bench? 

Been a different team since his introduction 

Mowbray seems to have no desire to start off on the front foot. We tend to wait until the second half before starting to play properly.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

So much better set up like this with Bennett in the middle and Payne dove-tailing with Dack. I would say less of the tinkering and over thinking for TM, especially at home, but I feel like I’m saying it most weeks. 

And you're likely to be saying it again! This is the problem, TM has proved all season that he does not learn from his mistakes. In this crap league he can often, but not always, get away with changing things around after a dismal first half. If we get promoted does he really think we can get away with it in the Championship? Why oh why can he not believe that football is a simple game and play his best players in their best positions from the start?

Looking forward to reading Chaddy's comments about the efficacy of 3 at the back!

Archived