BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bury

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They are but its not a computer game, it is a different skillset needed for example moving from right wing back to central midfield, it also means that partnerships cannot be formed as easily. 

Like I said, Armstrong was anonymous v Bury until we went to a back 4, he was playing deeper than Graham and not getting the ball quick enough. It was more of a 3-4-2-1. He scored v Portsmouth from both roles, he was up front v Bury but only because Graham had gone off, you look v Walsall and he played and it was only terrible finishing and good goalkeeping that stopped him as he had chance after chance, coming from the left. 

The crux of my point was always, why fix what isnt broken. Coming off an 18 unbeaten run through a simple 4-2-3-1. Many of the goals conceded where either set pieces or individual mistakes, not problems with the formation. Yes tweak it slightly if necessary, but alternating between drastically different formations will leave us struggling to get continuity. Stick to what we know and whats served us well.

never said it a computer game did I but its a formation we have been working on since start of the season in training and that's 6 months of training and practicing and its worked in certain games like Oldham and Portsmouth. these are professional footballers not babies, if the cant play 2 formations shouldn't be a professional footballers imo. 

Bennett can play either position and with ease. 

Armstrong is wasted wide IMO if he plays central he will score more goals. 

The 4-2-3-1 formation didn't worked against Oldham as they stop Dack and Payne playing and allowing them on the ball. so you would stuck with a formation that wasn't working? really? Instead Mowbray change formation and we got 2 goals and got a point. If you look at the Portsmouth game we were 1-1 and Mowbray decided to change formation and we won the game. Mowbray was right in changing the formation to get us the win there, yet again you would have stuck with a formation that working wasn't at the point of the game. 

Same on Monday when he changed it even tho we were winning and fair played to Mowbray change it and we look more fluid and tempo went up a couple of levels. 

its very good and pleasing to see us being able to play 2 systems and be able to change during a game. You aren't going to change my mind on us using different systems/formations and for me this important part of football nowadays 

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Some of the ingredients would also be out of position. 

The speed at which the staff work at is to slow I would change the counter to look like this and if it works out the pie manager might get " promote"

Pie

Pie.     Pie.   Pie

Pie.                                           Pie

Pie.     Pie

Special pie.

Pie.                  Pie

This system will allow the pies at the back to get forward and be ready for when the front pies get snapped up

40 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The speed at which the staff work at is to slow I would change the counter to look like this and if it works out the pie manager might get " promote"

Pie

Pie.     Pie.   Pie

Pie.                                           Pie

Pie.     Pie

Special pie.

Pie.                  Pie

This system will allow the pies at the back to get forward and be ready for when the front pies get snapped up

Sorry but we will not get out of this Division unless we get a couple of old fashioned king size sausage rolls at the back.

8 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm sick to @#/?ing death of steak pies. Honestly, where is the variety? The mess that is left on the refreshment counter is also a joke. This club is going to the pits. I don't care if we win I want a hot, flavoursome pie not some lukewarm, goopy gravy pastry. I don't think I can continue supporting them anymore. Nothing will change while our pies are served as they are.

Fast forward 5 years when we are on the verge of winning awards for our pies and I might start liking them again.........but I still won't have changed my tune! We will never succeed with them pies

Maybe Rovers can sign a deal with DHL to do the pie supplies and logistics. Then you'll have no pies at all.

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mulgrew was recruited by Coyle wasn't he. The only good thing horsehead did for us

10 hours ago, philipl said:

Yes I had forgotten. 

Thats a good sign Phillip, all part of the healing process

2 minutes ago, Hanks said:

Sorry but we will not get out of this Division unless we get a couple of old fashioned king size sausage rolls at the back.

We need a couple of those fancy foreign tortilla wrap things out on the wing - then we are in business

40 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Maybe Rovers can sign a deal with DHL to do the pie supplies and logistics. Then you'll have no pies at all.

Absolutely, add to that how they took over the Carlsberg distribution contract, there'd be no beer either.

On a pitch not fit for a schools final Thank god for Bradley Dack's lovely chip onto Danny Graham's head who then put the ball low past the Bury goalies right hand side.

Thank god to you two guys in this game to forget.

• Backroom
50 minutes ago, JAL said:

On a pitch not fit for a schools final Thank god for Bradley Dack's lovely chip onto Danny Graham's head who then put the ball low past the Oldham goalies right hand side.

When did Oldham's goalie come on?

1 hour ago, JAL said:

On a pitch not fit for a schools final Thank god for Bradley Dack's lovely chip onto Danny Graham's head who then put the ball low past the Oldham goalies right hand side.

Never attends but the minute he gets to watch it on sky he describes the goal like a young John Motson. Get yourself down to the next game JAL, you can even give Nyambe some stick in person to make it a worthwhile day out. 

Just listened to the post-match interview with Mowbray and he describes being frustrated and disappointed with the performance and that he was just happy to get the three points.

He’s not a real fan. Doesn’t he know we’re top of the league? Probably vented at half time I expect as well. Lunatic! :rolleyes: 

4 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

He was dropped in by one of Jal's agent friends to give Bury a helping hand.  No wonder it was a struggle with Bury playing their own 'keeper and one from Oldham as well!

Whoops.... wonder what he meant.

You've still not mentioned who was Callum Wrights agent was and while we are on agents whos the new Liverpool lads agent ?

Archived