BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Social Media

FGS5635

Although its the way of the world these days you see a lot of sports stars shy away from it. But it seems rovers and our current crop of players have really embraced it this season.

The interaction from the players and the club has been a big bright spot this season and has helped improve the mood in my opinion.

Next step to get them all on brfcs.com :)

I think the social media team at the club have done a great job this season, there has been a real improvement in interaction with fans and also in the way match updates have been given. There has been a great deal more honesty during match updates, which I prefer. The perfect antidote to last season. 

19 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Although its the way of the world these days you see a lot of sports stars shy away from it. But it seems rovers and our current crop of players have really embraced it this season.

The interaction from the players and the club has been a big bright spot this season and has helped improve the mood in my opinion.

Next step to get them all on brfcs.com :)

Followed by a load of transfer requests after an hour on here :lol:

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think the social media team at the club have done a great job this season, there has been a real improvement in interaction with fans and also in the way match updates have been given. There has been a great deal more honesty during match updates, which I prefer. The perfect antidote to last season. 

Totally agree.

As a newbie in the world of Twitter, I’ve been impressed with the rovers twitter page.

They interact with fans and get them to send pictures and videos when they’ve been at games.

Should be the way it’s done in this day and age.

Absolutely,  Mowbray makes a concerted effort to keep fans on side through thanking them for support, the improved social media presence has brought many fans closer to the team/club and you can definitely feel a change in mood. I've really liked that when we've been playing poorly the match updates have reflected that. It was so galling last season to be at a game and see the club twitter constantly saying how we'd been unlucky or conceded against the run of play, when in fact the very opposite was true. There was such a disconnect last season, there must have been some staff changes as the two approaches to social media are worlds apart.

40 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Totally agree.

As a newbie in the world of Twitter, I’ve been impressed with the rovers twitter page.

They interact with fans and get them to send pictures and videos when they’ve been at games.

Should be the way it’s done in this day and age.

Believe me it has improved ten fold recently whoever did it before must've chewed wasps instead of gum !

Probably someone who's job it wasn't and was multi tasking to be fair though.

Mowbray will have had a good learning curve for it at Coventry and some extent Boro but the thing that strikes me is the players now at this level are far more down to earth and humble they seem happy to interact with fans rather than look like they are forced to. Probably because most haven't been ruined yet by money and are from more humble football beginnings.

Social media is clearly a wonderful thing that helps bind individuals together in a warm, sweet and non offensive online nebula. I can only congratulate Blackburn Rovers for embracing this platform, and hope that this exciting development can continue into the future.

Is that better ?

On 15/02/2018 at 14:18, Lancaster Rover said:

Is it due to the quality of match recordings or copywright at all? I imagine there is only 1 maybe 2 cameras there on a match day now so the quality might be pretty poor

Whatever the answer, it could do with being raised at the next supporters’ meeting. 

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Rovers Twitter full of people saying how they made their kids day with the Roverstore players meet and greet.

Wheeled out the big guns as well, King of Ewood, Dack and Super skipper Mulgrew.

Yesterday event was excellent and very well attend.

Event started early than 2pm due to some many fans being quene up. And players still there after 4pm signing autographs and having pics with fans. Believe the event ended after half 4. So its very good of the 3 players to stay beyond 3pm cos then when it was supposedly to be finish..

Why even bother having the screen if its just gonna be a glorified advertising board? I don't think they are essential to matchdays anyway what's wrong with (good) music before the games?

Better attended than expected? If so good thing Ken Beamish wasn't there.

2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Why even bother having the screen if its just gonna be a glorified advertising board? I don't think they are essential to matchdays anyway what's wrong with (good) music before the games?

Better attended than expected? If so good thing Ken Beamish wasn't there.

Cos ppl want to watch the dinner time kick off game  

I dont mind a few music songs but not a couple of hours of it. 

But my question is why do you care when you support Man City?

I was referring to the screen inside the stadium. There's not many inside until the last 15 minutes before kickoff anyway. 

I don't think its every game but why have a big screen outside the Darwen End? Who cares if a bit more beer is sold might as well just roll out the red carpet. Its the same as my remarks about giving too much acknowledgement to the opposition.

Archived