BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall v Rovers

19 minutes ago, JayDee said:

I'll be travelling from Tamworth by train. Going straight to Bescot. How far is nearest pub mate. 1st visit for me

The  King George V on Wallows Lane has been suggested to me as accepting away fans. It's about a 10 minute walk to the ground. The Saddlers Club is opposite the ground and will allow you in for a small fee.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, StaffordRover said:

Okay AJW so there is free parking at Morrison's supermarket near the ground, which you will see if you exit off the M6 and head towards the ground. The King George is opposite Morrison's and usually accommodates away fans. There is also the Fullbrook, but my source suggests that's worth giving a miss. There is also the Saddlers Club close to the ground which accepts away fans but there is a small charge to enter. Good luck with your journey.

Cheers , was planning on parking off one of the side streets near the McDonalds ?? I will be driving and taking the boy so will probably not be going the pub in any case , but looking at the map Morrsions doesn't look too far a walk to the ground and maybe be easier to get away from after the game ??

25 minutes ago, StaffordRover said:

The  King George V on Wallows Lane has been suggested to me as accepting away fans. It's about a 10 minute walk to the ground. The Saddlers Club is opposite the ground and will allow you in for a small fee.

Cheers mate 

On 2/16/2018 at 14:37, Claytons Left Boot said:

When it was opened in 1990, their new ground was called the Bescot Stadium but has since changed its name to the Banks’s Stadium following sponsorship by Banks’s Brewery. The railway station outside the ground is called Bescot Stadium. Yep, my last visit, circa 1973 was to Fellows Park.

When the ground was being built Walsall FC asked fans to make suggestions for a name for the new stadium.

As the stadium was built on a former sewage works one wag suggested the name 'W.C Fields'  - brilliant.

However, they plumped for the highly original 'Bescot Stadium' because it was in Bescot!

Good three points tonight but less than convincing. That said we are top of the league - for now at least - and must ensure all the pressure is on the Shrews and Wigan from here on in. My team for Saturday would be -

Raya

Lenighan                    Mulgrew                   Bell

Smallwood         Bennett

Conway                        Dack                         Payne

Graham          Armstrong

• J*B pinned this topic
7 hours ago, dallydally said:

Good three points tonight but less than convincing. That said we are top of the league - for now at least - and must ensure all the pressure is on the Shrews and Wigan from here on in. My team for Saturday would be -

Raya

That team is mental. I'm guessing Payne and Conway are wing-backs and Bell is a CH?

18 games unbeaten using one formation and we're discussing which formation to use. In every thread. Don't know whether to blame Mowbray or FM. My tuppence worth, 3 at the back has never worked for us. Does anybody else in League 1 bother with it or is it just Tactics Tony?

Can anyone be arsed doing a proper match thread anymore?

8 hours ago, dallydally said:

Raya

Conway right wing back? Payne left wing back? What is this madness?!

• J*B pinned this topic
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Why has this been pinned when a decent match-thread is already underway? It'll just be 14 pages of 'My team would be....'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

My bad. Fixed.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Why has this been pinned when a decent match-thread is already underway? It'll just be 14 pages of 'My team would be....'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

That is way too many players for a starting 11, what formation is it?  40+ at the back?

Archived