BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall v Rovers

6 hours ago, Songman said:

Freezing temperatures forecast for end of week and weekend, and doesn’t seem Walsall have undersoil heating.

I don't think the game will be called off. Walsall may not have undersoil heating but I've personally been to games at the Bescott in weather conditions way worse than predicted. Besides, they have covers and the game is 3pm kick off so you'd imagine that the pitch will be more than okay to play on.

Looking forward to this one. 2,700+ fans is a fantastic effort. Honestly think we could sell another 500 if Walsall give it us but no club wants to be the minority in their own ground.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't think the game will be called off. Walsall may not have undersoil heating but I've personally been to games at the Bescott in weather conditions way worse than predicted. Besides, they have covers and the game is 3pm kick off so you'd imagine that the pitch will be more than okay to play on.

Looking forward to this one. 2,700+ fans is a fantastic effort. Honestly think we could sell another 500 if Walsall give it us but no club wants to be the minority in their own ground.

Walsall have stopped online ticket sales

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/february/ticket-information-blackburn-and-portsmouth-home-games/

Just now, davulsukur said:

4-2-3-1 from the word go. We went 18 games unbeaten with that formation so I don't know why we switched to a back 3 as soon as we lost 1 game.

------------------------Raya

Nyambe--Lenihan--Mulgrew--Bell

-----------Smallwood--Bennett

Payne---------Dack-------Armstrong

--------------------Graham

That'd be my team.

Hi all Walsall fan in peace

Best advice if not driving would either drink in Birmingham and get the train straight to Bescot or drink in Walsall and take the train to Bescot (on the Birmingham line) Also as mentioned the Saddlers club does allow away fans for a small fee..decent food and drinks also shows sky sports.

If driving there is plenty of parking around the ground,I would avoid parking on the retail park by the ground as it’s a nightmare to get off at the end of the game as you can imagine!

As for the game I expect you to win comfortably but for some reason these are the games we tend to do well in,at home to bigger clubs who bring a big away following!

Good luck for the rest of the season,I do hope you go up and beat Shrewsbury to promotion (bit of a rivalry down these parts)

3 minutes ago, Saddler27 said:

Best advice if not driving would either drink in Birmingham and get the train straight to Bescot or drink in Walsall and take the train to Bescot (on the Birmingham line) Also as mentioned the Saddlers club does allow away fans for a small fee..decent food and drinks also shows sky sports.

If driving there is plenty of parking around the ground,I would avoid parking on the retail park by the ground as it’s a nightmare to get off at the end of the game as you can imagine!

As for the game I expect you to win comfortably but for some reason these are the games we tend to do well in,at home to bigger clubs who bring a big away following!

Good luck for the rest of the season,I do hope you go up and beat Shrewsbury to promotion (bit of a rivalry down these parts)

Are there any designated away pubs in the town centre? Blues are at home on Saturday and know they like a drink in Birmingham city centre so will probably avoid that. More hassle than they are worth that lot.

44 minutes ago, philipl said:

Folks might find this handy for ringing the ticket office:

A common Black Country greeting is "Ow bin ya", which translates as "How have you been?" I was once told or read somewhere that it is similar to how Anglo-Saxon English would have sounded. It is also quite different to the Brummie accent. My mother is from Wolverhampton and dad was from Dudley so family visits have always been interesting!

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Are there any designated away pubs in the town centre? Blues are at home on Saturday and know they like a drink in Birmingham city centre so will probably avoid that. More hassle than they are worth that lot.

No mate,although I haven’t drank in town before a game for a while but I would advise not wearing colours or covering them up at least as you never know..but it’s fairly relaxed.

14 minutes ago, Saddler27 said:

Thanks for the info. Having been to your ground many times I have always come off the M6 at junction 9 but that has always been a few hours before kick off. I would imagine that the road in from junction 9 gets heavily congested close to kick off - would you recommend coming off at junction 10 to avoid this?

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Thanks for the info. Having been to your ground many times I have always come off the M6 at junction 9 but that has always been a few hours before kick off. I would imagine that the road in from junction 9 gets heavily congested close to kick off - would you recommend coming off at junction 10 to avoid this?

You shouldn’t have any problems getting off at junction 9..you’ll be a fine a hour or so before kick off,if you’re running late getting off at 10 won’t make much difference to getting off at 9! So I’d stick to 9 mate.

Just now, Saddler27 said:

You shouldn’t have any problems getting off at junction 9..you’ll be a fine a hour or so before kick off,if you’re running late getting off at 10 won’t make much difference to getting off at 9! So I’d stick to 9 mate.

Thanks Saddler27.

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Aye, we are getting the train to Birmingham, few beers and then train to Bescott.

Best pub in Brum:

The old joint stock if you get the chance Matty.

http://www.oldjointstock.co.uk

Another gem, just outside New Steeet:

https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/eastandwestmidlands/bacchusbarbirmingham

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Thanks Saddler27.

Out of curiosity, is there anywhere else near(ish) the ground? We've got train tickets through Wolves but not giving us much time for a drink there. The place you mention sounds fine, but I suspect there'll be quite a few in a similar position to us, so may get a bit cramped if both sets of fans are in one bar!

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Best pub in Brum:

https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/eastandwestmidlands/bacchusbarbirmingham

Excellent, we won’t be venturing too far away from New Street, so good to know.

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Out of curiosity, is there anywhere else near(ish) the ground? We've got train tickets through Wolves but not giving us much time for a drink there. The place you mention sounds fine, but I suspect there'll be quite a few in a similar position to us, so may get a bit cramped if both sets of fans are in one bar!

There is always Walsall town centre itself? Which has a fair few bars/pubs but as I mentioned not sure what the crack is with away fans so maybe best to hide colours. I don’t tend to drink near the ground as there are only a couple of decent pubs near by..the King George V pub & the fullbrook which I think is more of a home fans only pub. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Best pub in Brum:

As well as those two excellent watering Holes a couple more nearby are worth going in, 

https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/eastandwestmidlands/theoldcontemptiblesedmundstreetbirmingham

http://postofficevaults.co.uk/

Whenever we play Villa we go down with a Villa fan who lives local, and meet up with his mates for a crawl round Brum pre and post match.

Just now, Saddler27 said:

There is always Walsall town centre itself? Which has a fair few bars/pubs but as I mentioned not sure what the crack is with away fans so maybe best to hide colours. I don’t tend to drink near the ground as there are only a couple of decent pubs near by..the King George V pub & the fullbrook which I think is more of a home fans only pub. Hope this helps.

Straight into Bescott Stadium Station I'm afraid, hence my worry.

This is helpful though, so thanks a lot! 

24 minutes ago, Saddler27 said:

... there are only a couple of decent pubs near by..the King George V pub & the fullbrook which I think is more of a home fans only pub. Hope this helps.

The King George V is a few minutes from the ground on Wallows Lane. I expect it will be rammed with Rovers fans.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Best pub in Brum:

The Old Joint Stock is a cracking pub. It also handily backs onto the Wellington which is a very good real ale pub. The respective beer gardens adjoin each other; you can just walk through. 

I am part of a convey of 3 full coaches going from Darwen (Craven and Spinners pubs). Stopping off on the way down. Haven’t seen numbers travelling like this since the old Darwen Blues days! 

10 hours ago, Saddler27 said:

Mowbray the Rovers head coach will be more concerned about your team and how he'll change the tactics so as to bamboozle your manager whilst confusing the ferk out of his own players so there's still every hope for you guys come Saturday though fully expect the players to respond to a vocal away following and bring the points back to Ewood.

Archived