BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall v Rovers

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That had no bearing on the direction of  Mulgrew's back pass. If that's all you've got then the defence rests and the recommends the jury find Williams not guilty of all charges m'lud.

I wasn't really looking for your approval, just expressing my opinion. :)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

There's a lot of conjecture in there. I can remember glaring errors from Mulgrew, Downing, Raya, and Nyambe that have resulted in goals against. I genuinely can't remember any from Williams. Refresh my memory?

The goal at Fleetwood were he played Mulgrew into trouble when all Williams had to do was put the ball out for a throw in.

32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That had no bearing on the direction of  Mulgrew's back pass. If that's all you've got then the defence rests and the recommends the jury find Williams not guilty of all charges m'lud.

If he puts it out for a throw in like he should have done Charlie doesn't make the bad back pass. It's called playing the percentages.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If he puts it out for a throw in like he should have done Charlie doesn't make the bad back pass. It's called playing the percentages.

Mulgrew should have put it out, instead he makes a schoolboy error and passes it square across the back and it ultimately cost us a goal.

Both players failed to do the right thing.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Williams pass didn't make Mulgrew get his angles wrong. All Mulgrew had to do was play it to the keeper out wide to the keepers right as MUlgrew looked at it. He didn't he played it towards the penalty spot and straight into the path of their striker. It has nothing to do with percentages because an easy pass to the keeper was on and Charlie messed it up.

Every defender with the exception of mulgrew is average and we are top of the league. If they weren't average they wouldn't be in league 1 simple as. Williams is a decent defender at this level and is rarely at fault for goals, less so than others. He does drive me mad when he gets forward to cut back and lose possession or give the ball away but that doesn't mean he isn't a decent defender having a relatively good season

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The problem is, Tyrone, it's no longer fashionable to do that. Only teams such as Barca would play their way out of trouble, but nowadays, it seems like any team believes it's the right thing to do. Maybe there's something to back that up, but it can be costly, as at Fleetwood...

I used to play at right-back for my school (where they put the crap player!), and was always told: "If in doubt, put it out". Both Williams and Mulgrew made a mess of the situation, but we digress...

Have a good day, all those going - will be cheering from afar - hopefully!

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Williams pass didn't make Mulgrew get his angles wrong. All Mulgrew had to do was play it to the keeper out wide to the keepers right as MUlgrew looked at it. He didn't he played it towards the penalty spot and straight into the path of their striker. It has nothing to do with percentages because an easy pass to the keeper was on and Charlie messed it up.

So instead of taking responsibility he passes the ball, and the buck, to somebody in a worse position than he was.

Looking forward to this one, we battered them at home, I'd start the same side as last time we played them and set out to nick an early goal. We just need to keep winning now, one slip up and the Shrews are 4 points behind us, that would be massive pyschologically. Same if Wigan were to lose one of their games in hand...

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Williams was poor last season, slow mentally and physically and frequently caught out of position.  Alot of clubs targeted him as they saw him as a weak link.  I thought he was one of the worst left backs I'd seen in a Rovers shift. He''s been much better this season, probably because he's playing a lower level and the opposition aren't as good. He shouldn't be a regular starter next season if we go up 

ironically - didnt he win player of the season last year? Not that i agree with it. Player of the season was Betty in the canteen for her supurb bacon butties (heard it from Evans)

6 hours ago, robbojohnno said:

Armstrong cannot play from the left. He is a goalscorer and needs to play centrally. He showed at Plymouth away especially he is not a wide man and that is the reason he cut short his stay at Bolton. Trying to put him on the left is not the answer. Either up front or on the bench.

I agree with that 100%, he’s a poacher with pace.

For those travelling who do not do twitter , this from Walsall - 

Due to essential repairs being undertaken on the M6 between junctions 6 and 8, there will be night time closures on this section of the motorway.

Additionally, on Saturday and Sunday, the M6 northbound ONLY will be restricted to 1x operational lane during the daytime, with delays expected between 7am and 8pm each day.

There will also be daytime restrictions from the A 34 and onto the northbound slip round at junction 7.

Please allow plenty of extra time if you plan to use the M6 northbound this weekend.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/february/walsall-v-blackburn-important-supporter-information/

Archived