Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall v Rovers

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, barry_ said:

going well!

bouncing behind the goal

on a side note... Danny Graham out of contract at the end of the season and going back to Sunderland?

On this form would be tempted to give another year or two. Would he go back to Sunderland in League 1 having (hopefully) just got out of it?

I have to say, there wasn't much love for Graham before or during the start of the season. General feeling was that he was old and past it. How wrong can you be? Graham is one of surely the best striker in League 1, and will show he is a top championship striker if/when we go up. Problem last season was that he was like next door's cat - fed on scraps! We can now see he is one of the deadliest finishers around with just a modicum of decent service. As a Geordie, I am feeling very proud of my homeland's contribution to our strike force, with Danny and Adam. Following in the large footsteps of you know who...!

Just now, Linguino said:

I have to say, there wasn't much love for Graham before or during the start of the season. General feeling was that he was old and past it. How wrong can you be? Graham is one of surely the best striker in League 1, and will show he is a top championship striker if/when we go up. Problem last season was that he was like next door's cat - fed on scraps! We can now see he is one of the deadliest finishers around with just a modicum of decent service. As a Geordie, I am feeling very proud of my homeland's contribution to our strike force, with Danny and Adam. Following in the large footsteps of you know who...!

Got a feeling he wanted out though and that's why he was not really focused early on. 

Also, the fact his contract is up in 6 months might also be a reason why he is upping his game.

• Backroom

At a point earlier in the season I thought his career here was done he looked uninterested and unfit, now he's on fire and looks a class above any centre forward in this league, so intelligent with his hold up play.

Glad I was wrong about him, will be more glad when proven wrong for doubting the manager!

Archived