BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall v Rovers

Just now, Tom said:

At a point earlier in the season I thought his career here was done he looked uninterested and unfit, now he's on fire and looks a class above any centre forward in this league, so intelligent with his hold up play.

Glad I was wrong about him, will be more glad when proven wrong for doubting the manager!

He was just saving himself for the run in! In his thirties and he knows he's going to tire over the course of the season, so best to build the season up slowly, ready to be on fire for the business end of the season.

I was never in any doubt myself, of course ;)

Now to get chipping away at Wigan's ten goal,  goal difference over us.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, barry_ said:

going well!

bouncing behind the goal

on a side note... Danny Graham out of contract at the end of the season and going back to Sunderland?

I’ll be honest, I can’t see him going back there at all. 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

At a point earlier in the season I thought his career here was done he looked uninterested and unfit, now he's on fire and looks a class above any centre forward in this league, so intelligent with his hold up play.

Glad I was wrong about him, will be more glad when proven wrong for doubting the manager!

I must say, I have never doubted the manager. A lot of fans hate the way he has often pandered to the opposition's tactics rather than focus on our own qualities. But I honestly think that you need a balance. If you don't try and expose the other team's weaknesses, then you are absolutely missing an opportunity. I remember going to see us play away at Fulham last season, and the Cottagers brought on a young inexperienced left-back. Tony instantly started playing the same long high ball to the right-wing, and after about the 7th attempt, forced an equaliser to pull us out of the bottom 3. I didn't see anyone complaining there. IMO, he is one of the most astute managers we have had. I don't think that a lesser manager would not have turned things around so quickly after the first 2 games.

Archived