BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall v Rovers

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a strange game. For 40 minutes I thought it was the best performance of the season. Like watching the Man Ciry of League 1. Then we conceded a goal on HT which I missed because I'd gone to the loo and the second half eas completely different as we seemingly lost the ability to win a tackle or pass the ball to each other.

Bennett had a very good first half but didappeared without trace in the second and our midfield was virtually non existent in the second period. Raya made a superp block on 75 mins when the Shrewsbury player was through on goal and that uLtimately made the difference.

Anyhow three points which is just about all that matters so take it and move on. Mulgrew took a nasty looking knock, hope he's ok.

Great atmosphere from the travelling fans. As at Bury two sides of the ground chocka with Rovers fans again.

12 games to go. You can start to smell it......

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

12 games to go. You can start to smell it......

That heady aroma of champagne and creosote is starting to slowly drift in. 

The most pleasing aspect of today was winning while starting the day in first. Shrewsbury seem incapable of winning with the different pressure of leading the table. A trait I hope we have to avail of for the next 12 games. 

Wigan game is massive.

To be fair to him I thought Evans actually turned up and had a decent game. Covered the ground, made some tackles and made a fair few forward moves. 1st half was one of the most dominant displays I’ve seen us put on this season.

Well ground out result in the end, a very nervy last 20-25 minutes though. Full credit to the away support that kept the noise going for nearly the whole game. Their goal seemed to totally knock the stuffing out of us before half time though and barring a few half chances we didn’t really create anything in the 2nd half. Fingers crossed Dack is back for Tuesday and Smallwood doesn’t get booked!

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rich Sharp tweeted that Graham and Bennett were getting sick at half time. Bug going around the squad. 

Even more credit for the win. Heroes 

Eeek not ideal with a game on Tuesday

Just spoken to TM and Danny Graham. DG and Elliott Bennett were throwing up at half-time. Mowbray felt #Rovers lacked energy in that second half but happy they got over the line.

"vomiting continuously for the 15 minutes" was the exact phrase.

Both from Rich Sharpe

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Just spoken to TM and Danny Graham. DG and Elliott Bennett were throwing up at half-time. Mowbray felt #Rovers lacked energy in that second half but happy they got over the line.

"vomiting continuously for the 15 minutes" was the exact phrase.

Both from Rich Sharpe

28 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Great win - but does anyone know why there were 6 minutes of extra time, when all the goals were scored in the 1st half?

I think it was because several players had to get treatment including Mulgrew and Samuel and one Walsall player. 

• Moderation Lead

Sounds like good first half bad second half from reports on here.

Not pretty but we got the job done. The Wigan game next Sunday is massive. I might use alcohol as a coping mechanism that day. That’s never gone wrong before.....

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Expect both will play. Bennett wont want to miss. Workhorse

Problem is who else gets it?

Call a taxi for Mulgrew and keep him away from the infected!

Wonder who patient zero was? probably Nyambe's agent 

Another one ticked off and another 3 points in the bag, you can't ask for anymore than that.

Im surprised nobody is talk about the tremendous run we're on? 1 loss since October, or since Toms Mowbray out thread, I'm think of starting another one to see us up as champions.

The support today, Fantastic, superb, a credit to the club and town and they bring home the 3 points.

Onwards and upwards.

Just now, Gav said:

Another one ticked off and another 3 points in the bag, you can't ask for anymore than that.

Im surprised nobody is talk about the tremendous run we're on? 1 loss since October, or since Toms Mowbray out thread, I'm think of starting another one to see us up as champions.

The support today, Fantastic, superb, a credit to the club and town and they bring home the 3 points.

Onwards and upwards.

Ya it's fantastic, I just really hope we shake off that pesky Shrewsbury team soon!

Archived