BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] what next? top 2 or play off?

Being 2 games in front of wigan when will the top 3 be on equal games ?

what do the supporters think is the most crucial game now to keep us out of the play off

i look at the games and seeing auto promotion more difficult .

just wanted things put in prospective.

as its not my strong point thanks

It’s feels like it’s been that long since we’ve had a good season, I’m just taking each game as it comes. I’ll be honest, I’m still not expecting anything- and I don’t think I will until we get to the last few games of the season, when (if we get that far), promotion’s certain. 

My hope- should we go up- is the owners give Tony some cash to spend, so that all this momentum doesn’t just go to waste, and we end up limping around the Championship again. 

57 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'm dreading Plymouth in the play offs. We need to be top two and have to become ruthless and focussed in defence. Raya needs to caIm down and stop being rash.

Fingers crossed.

Agreed! Has to be top two, playoffs will be too much i fear. Plymouth would be one to watch especially seeing how easy they dealt with us, wouldn’t want to go back to that ground, was depressing enough last time. Raya definitely needs to learn a bit more about his positional play, lets himself and Rovers down big time with it. 

Been around long enough to remember the play offs of the mid 80's ... 3 successive failures have scarred me for life , really really don't want playoffs , even though thers a potential day out at Wembley I would still rather finish 2nd

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Been around long enough to remember the play offs of the mid 80's ... 3 successive failures have scarred me for life , really really don't want playoffs , even though thers a potential day out at Wembley I would still rather finish 2nd

2nd is fine but we can make it to 1st.

Avoid the playoffs at all costs.

I have not come to terms with that day at Palace even these years later.

I don't want us to be a lottery loser.

37 minutes ago, frosty said:

As things stand we'd go 2 points clear at the top with a win on Monday B)

As things stand, we'd go 0 points clear at the top with a draw on Monday :wacko:

40 minutes ago, philipl said:

We are looking pretty for automatic promotion as of this evening and if we were club X rather than Blackburn Rovers, most of us would be dispassionately looking at club X as a good bet for the title.

Actually you are right but you know that already ;)

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Actually you are right but you know that already ;)

If we'd signed a commanding defender last summer or in January and tought Raya to take a cross and punch I'd agree. We didn't however, as a consequence I'll keep my money in my pocket.

I hope and pray that we can pull it out of the bag and go up automatically. I certainly wouldn't have the confidence to risk a punt.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

If we'd signed a commanding defender last summer or in January and tought Raya to take a cross and punch I'd agree. We didn't however, as a consequence I'll keep my money in my pocket.

I hope and pray that we can pull it out of the bag and go up automatically. I certainly wouldn't have the confidence to risk a punt.

I can't understand why Mowbray did not get the BSH CB that many of us football laymen wanted. Makes no sense.

Raya is getting poor coaching. His weaknesses have been obvious since his debut at Rovers. His shot stopping is very good but the other stuff has cost points. He, currently, has no competition  for a starting place.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I can't understand why Mowbray did not get the BSH CB that many of us football laymen wanted. Makes no sense.

Raya is getting poor coaching. His weaknesses have been obvious since his debut at Rovers. His shot stopping is very good but the other stuff has cost points. He, currently, has no competition  for a starting place.

I wholeheartedly agree on all points Asia. That should have been the focus without doubt. It's been blindingly obvious for 3 years. You're not trying to tell me we couldn't have got 1 or 2 decent third division centre halves for what we invested in Samuel and Gladwin?

Instead, in January we ignore the glaring deficiency and we signed Payne and Armstrong. Good acquisitions I agree but with Samuel, Anthonson, Conway, Nuttall, Whittingham and Gladwin amongst others lurking in the wings (none of which have cut the mustard), if it were I signing the cheques, I'd have insisted on shoring up our defence and make the manager manage what he already had at his disposal in a midfield and attacking sense.

Crackers but what do we know?

Despite all this attacking flare and our obvious weaknesses at the back and the lack of correcting them, we still set up to be worried of the opposition. Its almost counter-productive and backwards. Surely with these attacking flare players - we should be like Rotherham and just going all out for wins.

Attack is our only chance of defence.

Need to shows some balls in the run-in, we have the players to blow teams away.

Still, I hope the players see what a big chance this is - 3-1 to us.

Archived