BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest @ EFL HQ

Neal

On 16/02/2018 at 12:45, Eddie said:

I haven't missed the point. My point is, that for the past 10 months our owners have been fit and proper. 

I'm slightly reluctant to see our supporters poke the bear again. We can provide all the documents they need (as we already have done), make our case heard (as we already have done), and make sure that we can get as much publicity for what has gone on as we possibly can do (as we already have done). 

So actually, I guess I am missing the point: what's the point? These protests do nothing, they get 2 hours of coverage and most see them as fans who are unhappy that the club that they support isn't City. 

Bullcrap..nothing has changed regarding my feelings towards the chicken pluckers. They can pluck off..theyre vile scum..and i hope they rot in hell..they have destroyed this club and one promotion campaign in LEAGUE 1 wont change that

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/02/2018 at 16:10, roverandout said:

Bullcrap..nothing has changed regarding my feelings towards the chicken pluckers. They can pluck off..theyre vile scum..and i hope they rot in hell..they have destroyed this club and one promotion campaign in LEAGUE 1 wont change that

...and that's fine. Those are YOUR feelings. Don't mistake your feelings for facts. 

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, Eddie said:

...and that's fine. Those are YOUR feelings. Don't mistake your feelings for facts. 

We were 13th in the PL when they took over.

It's taken them 7 years to run the club properly.

Yes, they have finally done something right, but until they put us back where we were, they have done AWFULLY.

43 minutes ago, Mike E said:

We were 13th in the PL when they took over.

It's taken them 7 years to run the club properly.

Yes, they have finally done something right, but until they put us back where we were, they have done AWFULLY.

I don't think you will find a single person who will argue with that. 

On-line Petition

NW FSF now have an online petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/213108 - so would appreciate people signing it and firing around any football message boards to connect with as many football supporters as possible …. The petition states We urge the Government to introduce an independent regulator for English football, charged with ensuring the highest possible standards of governance for all clubs …. and has been largely prompted by the inaction of the EFL after the High Court passed judgement condemning the Oystons for asset-stripping the Blackpool Football Club (exactly what the fans had been telling the authorities for years) and their refusal to launch a proper case review . We cannot allow what has happened and been exposed at Blackpool to happen to any other club.

When the truth comes out about the hypocrisy of how the EFL is a private limited company which enriches club owners yet masquerades as part of UK football’s governance structure, people will be rightly  alarmed.

Just like when the truth comes out about what the owners have done to clubs like Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Coventry City, Hull City, Leeds United, Cardiff City, Portsmouth and Leyton Orient …. We need to stand together and make change happen – the EFL is just for the owners not for the supporters.

EFL Protest

There is a protest outside the EFL offices on Friday the 2nd March at 3.00pm – please spread the word and please attend or show your support by pushing it on social media – more details on https://www.facebook.com/tangerineknightssupport/ …… their shiny new HQ is located at 10-12 West Cliff, Preston PR1 8HU – let’s show the overpaid and inadequate EFL we are not letting them stand in the way of good governance any longer.

On 2/16/2018 at 19:50, McClarky said:

You can only despair after reading some of the comments on here. I suppose if you throw a rubber bone to a starving dog he’ll be loyal for life.

I guess this is crucial. The band of predators and silent partners have traded on my loyalty, the loyalty of my kids etc.

At certain points, those crying foul or trying to use what little influence they had to draw attention to the destruction of their club have been dismissed, as disloyal, fair weather supporters..and now bitter because they are not City lol.  That has only made the job of the  corporate vandals and  abusers easier.

I would say to protesters, hold your nerve. Your strategy of putting your protests on the back burner is the right one imo..

However, I can't help wondering what a responsible  parent-and a loyal one- might say, if their child went from studying for an Oxbridge scholarship to working for GCSE woodwork...albeit recently going top of the woodwork class!

I doubt very much if the abuse of this club has ceased.Experience tells me it is merely dormant. Meanwhile, allow yourself to enjoy the victories.....for now!

27 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

At certain points, those crying foul or trying to use what little influence they had to draw attention to the destruction of their club have been dismissed, as disloyal, fair weather supporters..and now bitter because they are not City lol.  That has only made the job of the  corporate vandals and  abusers easier.

It’s only fair to point out that many non-protesting fans have been dismissed as scabs, called mushrooms and blamed as part of the problem. You even do that yourself, suggesting those who disagree with the methods of protest (ie boycotting) have “made the job of the corporate vandals and abusers easier”.

The idea that we (the supporters) could’ve prevented but failed to act is something I find extremely derogatory. In hindsight, many things appear simpler but what could the fans really have done differently?

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, Biz said:

It’s only fair to point out that many non-protesting fans have been dismissed as scabs, called mushrooms and blamed as part of the problem. You even do that yourself, suggesting those who disagree with the methods of protest (ie boycotting) have “made the job of the corporate vandals and abusers easier”.

The idea that we (the supporters) could’ve prevented but failed to act is something I find extremely derogatory. In hindsight, many things appear simpler but what could the fans really have done differently?

I think this is something that also really, really grates with me as well.

23 minutes ago, Biz said:

Straw man, mate. Not what I said...and you know it!

It is never the disagreement, but how people deal with others having different opinions, which challenge their own.....and, of course, I agree with the fact that there are people on both extremes, who do this. Calling people scabs is an example, as you say...

14 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

On-line Petition

NW FSF now have an online petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/213108 - so would appreciate people signing it and firing around any football message boards to connect with as many football supporters as possible …. The petition states We urge the Government to introduce an independent regulator for English football, charged with ensuring the highest possible standards of governance for all clubs …. and has been largely prompted by the inaction of the EFL after the High Court passed judgement condemning the Oystons for asset-stripping the Blackpool Football Club (exactly what the fans had been telling the authorities for years) and their refusal to launch a proper case review . We cannot allow what has happened and been exposed at Blackpool to happen to any other club.

When the truth comes out about the hypocrisy of how the EFL is a private limited company which enriches club owners yet masquerades as part of UK football’s governance structure, people will be rightly  alarmed.

Just like when the truth comes out about what the owners have done to clubs like Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Coventry City, Hull City, Leeds United, Cardiff City, Portsmouth and Leyton Orient …. We need to stand together and make change happen – the EFL is just for the owners not for the supporters.

EFL Protest

There is a protest outside the EFL offices on Friday the 2nd March at 3.00pm – please spread the word and please attend or show your support by pushing it on social media – more details on https://www.facebook.com/tangerineknightssupport/ …… their shiny new HQ is located at 10-12 West Cliff, Preston PR1 8HU – let’s show the overpaid and inadequate EFL we are not letting them stand in the way of good governance any longer.

I know that members of BRAG, members of the Trust and the 'old' WMC meetings are going next Friday.....so casuals will find people they recognise and can talk to. The FA and EFL must not be let off for their poor control of 'their' Leagues that give so many people so much money.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I think this is something that also really, really grates with me as well.

If 20,000 fans had protested against Kean - even  just the KGH march then fan unrest could not have been dismissed as a minority. There would have been no doubt and Kean and his cronies could not have spun things the way they did with Venkys and in the media. Instead people settled for double relegation and huge debts - which of course now will be called hindsight but was the very thing we (protesters) feared.

What really grates with me is that the lack of numbers allowed the smirker to describe us as “the 1%” and in effect backed up Kean’s argument. Many agreed with Kean when he backhandedly called us “not true fans”. One march would have cost nothing and they would not have had to miss the game or not back the lads. Instead a lot of people turned up their noses as the peasants revolted.

Sad but here we are.

18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hull City fans protesting against owners the Allams family before and during tonight's match against Sheff Utd. 

This sport is about to burst. Sunderland owners want rid for free...as long as the new owners take on 140+ million debts. Hardly free then lol

On 2/23/2018 at 20:26, Biz said:

I agree actually. I'm a boycotter and have never had a problem with those that went. I do know that some have not had a similar way of thinking. This goes for both sides of the support though. Chaddy in particular like to poke at those that do not go.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I agree actually. I'm a boycotter and have never had a problem with those that went. I do know that some have not had a similar way of thinking. This goes for both sides of the support though. Chaddy in particular like to poke at those that do not go.

I just think you missing good winning football this season under a manager who has given belief and winning mentality to the players and the fans. It you missing out not myself but I also believe you not attending is having zero affect on the owners. I understand why you do are not attending but not something I could do as I enjoy watching my team and going Ewood Park and away games

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Are we really supporting this lot in their struggle...some disgusting comments.

https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2939493

Ah, we’re all racists. Of course, it’s so simple. Nothing to do with what they have done to our club - still down 10,000 fans and over £100m in debt.

Blackpool fans, you are on your own - like we were. Hope the Oystons turn Bloomfield Road into a Lidl.

• Backroom

To be fair, much like on here it's only going to be a handful of their fans with such ridiculous views. Judging by the comments on that thread it was started by a known WUM, it'd be the equivalent of Saxo starting a thread on here and people assuming all Rovers' fans hold that same view. 

• 2 weeks later...

On-line Petition – Independent Regulator

A quick reminder of the online petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/213108 which is now just above 8,500 signatures.

…. The petition states ‘We urge the Government to introduce an independent regulator for English football, charged with ensuring the highest possible standards of governance for all clubs ….

Archived