SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Another big following to the back end of beyond. You get to the Dartford Crossing and the adventure is only just beginning. The Medway towns really are the totally forgotten part of Britain. At least the towns on the Stanley Plain are famous for being forgotten...

I think I have seen us win once at the Priestfield and also lose a couple of games we deserved to get something out of. Precise recollection of being enormously impressed by a young Steve Bruce who scored that night for the Gills (we came back to win 2-1 in a League Cup game) and a vague impression that we played there with Steve Archibald and perhaps Ossie Ardilles in our side. 

Gills were on a good run but hiccuped recently. Will be tough as will every game now but we have the players to get the result. At last Mowbray is giving the feeling he finally knows his strongest 13 now. So long as we don't try playing too much rugby league (the occasional up and under might come in handy though) we should collect the three points. Talking of which, we are overdue a penalty conversion aren't we?

Please please start with both Graham and Armstrong up front.

Raya

Travis Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Evans

Bennett        Dack          Armstrong

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Downing Samuel Chapman Bell Whittingham Payne

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

The train's the way to go Philip. A bit over 3.5 hours all in from Preston. St Pancras to Gillingham in just 40 minutes on the HS1 line. You can get to the land that time forgot really quickly now.

It is still 42 minutes Ebbsfleet to Gillingham on the fastest train. Albeit just 11 minutes St Pancras to Ebbsfleet.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

It is still 42 minutes Ebbsfleet to Gillingham on the fastest train. Albeit just 11 minutes St Pancras to Ebbsfleet.

Philip - according to National Rail it’s 43 minutes St Pancras to Gillingham on the train I’m planning to catch.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Smallwood Evans

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Downing Samuel Chapman Bell Whittingham Nuttall

I think Mowbray would start Bell at RB. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, because he's bought him and he's a much better player than Travis and he's a full back.....I think he came on the right at Walsall or I might have dreamt it....

No played left wing back at walsall when he came on. 

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

Philip - according to National Rail it’s 43 minutes St Pancras to Gillingham on the train I’m planning to catch.

We are on the 13.25 St Pancras to Gillingham arriving at 14.08. The return journey is to Victoria and takes 53 minutes.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Smallwood Evans

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Downing Samuel Chapman Bell Whittingham Nuttall

You’d drop Payne from the squad? Guy is a potential game changer from the bench.

Just now, 47er said:

Beginning to wonder why we signed Bell. Seemed a good decision at the time.

Been wondering the same. I think he seems set now on this 4-2-3-1. If he is then I think the next evoloution of it is 2 good attacking full backs.

The system has worked well for us, but its biggest failing at times is a lack of width. Especially against teams that park the bus. We ideally need 2 attacking full backs to provide this width.

I think Bell will be the starting left back next season. I just think he just trusts williams more defensivley at this point

Archived