Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

Been wondering the same. I think he seems set now on this 4-2-3-1. If he is then I think the next evoloution of it is 2 good attacking full backs.

The system has worked well for us, but its biggest failing at times is a lack of width. Especially against teams that park the bus. We ideally need 2 attacking full backs to provide this width.

I think Bell will be the starting left back next season. I just think he just trusts williams more defensivley at this point

Indeed, Mowbray has found what works and, hopefully, won't change it until we have breathing space at the top or until pre-season.

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This one has been flying under the radar a bit with all the other games recently.

Banana skin ?   Oh yes.

all games are potential banana skins , it is away so even more potential ...

If we play well , we will win !

Caveat being I am going and not seen Rovers win away all season !

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Stay at home and eat bananas instead please :rover:

7 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

This will be your first time

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I see my ticket is in the Brian Moore stand, which gives me the opportunity to say that Brian Moore's head looks uncannily like the London Planetarium.

I hope it does not rain or snow.

Built in 2003 as a temporary structure on the original sloping terrace.

The pitch has been levelled but not the original terracing.

I suppose the structure is jacked up somehow.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Mowbray go:

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood Evans Bell

Dack

Graham Armstrong

14 minutes ago, LewisF said:

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Mowbray go:

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood Evans Bell

Dack

Graham Armstrong

Good team and set up that. 

• J*B pinned this topic
3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hope not!

Not what I’d go for personally either! but can see it happening

Up to me I’d play the same lineup as against Blackpool, except with either Caddis for Nyambe or alternatively Bennet at RB and then Evans in CM

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Oh joy of joys. Trevor Kettle is the appointed referee for this game. Arguably the worst referee on the National List over the past fifteen years or so.

Which makes him very, very, very bad.

I forget, is Kettle one of the over-developed muscle-men poser types or a fat beer bellied slob with the sprinting ability of Mae West's arse?

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Which makes him very, very, very bad.

I forget, is Kettle one of the over-developed muscle-men poser types or a fat beer bellied slob with the sprinting ability of Mae West's arse?

He is of the latter variety and gave probably the worst performance of this season (and there have been lots to choose from). He is unfit and doesn't understand the game. He just finishes above the bottom few on the list each season so the authorities can't remove him.

30 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Wasn't it Trevor Kettle who blew for full time in a Stanley game as the ball crossed the opposition goal line?

Good memory. You could argue that cost Stanley promotion that season as they narrowly missed out on an automatic promotion place.

It was described as the single most worst decision of recent times (around 1.00 in the clip)

9 minutes ago, den9112 said:

I posted this straight after the AFC Wimbledon game at home...Without doubt the worst referee I have ever seen

I tracked him down, remembering that he had been heavily criticised after one of our games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trevor-kettle/leistungsdaten/schiedsrichter/630/saison_id/2017/wettbewerb_id/GB3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I tracked him down, remembering that he had been heavily criticised after one of our games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trevor-kettle/leistungsdaten/schiedsrichter/630/saison_id/2017/wettbewerb_id/GB3

He doesn't seem to referee much. Is that common in these leagues? You'd expect to see him have a game somewhere every weekend.

It's amazing that there isn't anybody else better than him to fill his shoes. I know the Wimbledon game was a defeat (you do look for someone to blame) but it was hands down the worst referee performance I have ever seen, including Sunday League.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

He doesn't seem to referee much. Is that common in these leagues? You'd expect to see him have a game somewhere every weekend.

It's amazing that there isn't anybody else better than him to fill his shoes. I know the Wimbledon game was a defeat (you do look for someone to blame) but it was hands down the worst referee performance I have ever seen, including Sunday League.

He's had 30 in all competitions this season, none in the Championship or above.

It's the inconsistency that annoys me. Against Wigan, arguably the biggest game in this league this season, top of the table Lancashire derby, big crowd, live on tv, they appointed Geoff Eltringham, who had a poor game. Nevertheless he has spent most of this season refereeing in the Championship, so at the very least you could argue his CV warranted getting the game, even if he made a mess of it.

Then against Blackpool they suddenly appointed Lee Probert to the job, who is a regular Premier League referee.

Now against Gillingham we have Trevor Kettle, who has spent most of the season in League Two with some time in League One, and who has been proven to be incompetent many times.

So In the space of 2 weeks we've done the full circuit of referees, from Premier League regulars to League Two regulars.

Archived