BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Well as we know Bradford have been on a shocking run for quite sometime, hence sacking of their manager, I think they have only

played 2 games since Grayson came in, they lost 1-0 at Plymouth, which is probably to be expected and drew 1-1 at Charlton. so maybe

we have some reason for optimism, a draw would be nice, a win for the bantams, would surely make us favourites for the title.

I think they Bradford will win tonight. Very difficult for Wigan not to have their eyes on the Southampton game, with them sacking their manager, I am sure the Wigan players and manager will think they have a chance of making the Semis. The year they won the FA cup they were relegated from the Premiership, lets hope its the same combination this year of cup success and league failure. 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think they Bradford will win tonight. Very difficult for Wigan not to have their eyes on the Southampton game, with them sacking their manager, I am sure the Wigan players and manager will think they have a chance of making the Semis. The year they won the FA cup they were relegated from the Premiership, lets hope its the same combination this year of cup success and league failure. 

Hope you are right, but I am sure Cook will have told them they won't be playing against Soton, if they don't perform tonight..

Incredible that Grayson took over at Bradford on 11th February and he's only had 2 away games as manager with his home debut tonight.

One point from six away at Charlton and Plymouth then a long wait for tonight's game. They certainly need a result to keep up with the play-offs but a tough start that.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t know many going on Saturday, but plenty seem to be gearing up for MK.

Seems like everyone's going to MK as you say Matty.

Plenty of tickets being made available, could be our biggest following of the season.

• Backroom

Difficult game this one, impossible to predict!

keep it tight and we will always have a good chance of nicking a goal 

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

For anyone going to Gillingham on Saturday you're going to need your big coats. Forecast is 1C (feels like -6C) with an easterly wind gusting to 50mph and some snow showers.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/u10kkf645#?date=2018-03-17

and no bloody roof!!

This thread has gone remarkably quiet.

Woke up with my Saturday morning collywobbles about this game.

I know we should spank them but one of these days again we won't hit our stride again and then it will be character character..

Just looked at the highlights of our 1-0 game against the Gills at Ewood back in September and it is fair to say we really got away with one then. Samuel's totally scuffed shot was so bad the keeper totally sold himself for where the ball should have gone, three fabulous Raya saves and three horrible Gillingham misses. Big lads (again) but they look like they can play a bit whilst being a little soft at the back.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

This thread has gone remarkably quiet.

Woke up with my Saturday morning collywobbles about this game.

I know we should spank them but one of these days again we won't hit our stride again and then it will be character character..

Just looked at the highlights of our 1-0 game against the Gills at Ewood back in September and it is fair to say we really got away with one then. Samuel's totally scuffed shot was so bad the keeper totally sold himself for where the ball should have gone, three fabulous Raya saves and three horrible Gillingham misses. Big lads (again) but they look like they can play a bit whilst being a little soft at the back.

It's still "Fearful Friday" ;), a bit of a wait still until collywobbles set in.

It is quiet on here though and indeed on the MB.

Are some on 'holiday' ?

I suppose we wait to see how TM sets up to cover for the injured Nyambe, hopefully @JAL has it covered

43 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

The remaining games are all going to be nerve wracking experiences but we have to have faith in a team who has since the early season hiccups shown that they can win games at this level on a consistent basis.

It's straightforward in my opinion. Wigan and us can undoubtedly score goals with Shrewsbury not as strong in that aspect. Whoever keeps the most clean sheets in their remaining games should go up.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Tony Mowbray confirms that Ryan Nyambe won't feature against Gillingham, while Danny Graham faces a late fitness test. #Rovers

On tomorrow's game, the boss adds: “Gillingham is the next test for us and it’s a difficult one. Their form has been good, particularly at home, but let’s go there and ask questions of them. We have confidence and belief and we’ll be going there to get a win. #Rovers

More from the manager: “Going back to Gillingham will bring back happy memories for @BradDacks40. Hopefully for us he knows where the back of the net is there, because he used to find it often enough! He’s a fantastic lad, I’m sure he’ll do his very best to have a good game."

Finally, on @HarryChapman101, Tony says: “He should be playing for the Under-23s tonight at Villa Park. I’m pretty sure he’d have been coming to Gillingham with us if the midweek game wasn’t postponed. Harry becoming available again will give me a headache, for sure!" #Rovers

TM confirmed Harry Chapman to play for U23s tonight. Lewis Travis also set to feature. Whittingham to travel with first team squad to Gills. Gladwin not quite match fit. #rovers

We just need to be coming home tomorrow night knowing we have done our job. Wigan did theirs on Wednesday, now its our turn and Shrewsbury's turn. As long as come 5pm we can say we've done our side of the bargain we can be happy.

What I don't want to happen is for us to drop 2 or 3 points but be 'saved' by virtue of Wigan not playing or Shrewsbury not winning at Scunthorpe and then all the talk be about us having a decent weekend because we haven't lost ground etc.

With Wigan's last gasp win on Wednesday we need to win to re-open that gap if we intend to finish above them and with Shrewsbury facing probably their toughest game remaining we have to be ready to take advantage of any slip up to put it mathematically into our hands.

Not really interested in Gillingham. My only experience of them has been at Ewood earlier this season when we limped to a win but there's a reason we're top and they're mid-table and 27 points behind us.

Sounds like a couple of injury concerns including Graham which worries me but I'd like to think Armstrong, Samuel or Antonsson could between them do a job up front in this division.

If Graham is injured it has to be Armstrong. I’d rather Samuel and Antonsson didn’t get on the coach let alone the bench.

Yes, I do know we don’t have many other options. 

So looks like Caddis or Bennett will play right back. 

Is it worth risking Graham not fit? Undecide

This would be my team judging by Mowbray pre match comments

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Evans Smallwood

Antonsson    Dack     Armstrong

Graham(Samuel if Graham not fit)

Subs:- Conway Downing Bell Whittingham Payne Samuel or Nuttall

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's straightforward in my opinion. Wigan and us can undoubtedly score goals with Shrewsbury not as strong in that aspect. Whoever keeps the most clean sheets in their remaining games should go up.

I am not so sure about that , if you don't score you don't win !!

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

No doubt this quote is on a Shrewsbury forum: ‘Wigan and us can undoubtedly keep clean sheets with Blackburn not as strong in that aspect’.

Don't see the point in Caddis when we have an academy player who is more mobile and has played most of his u23 games at Right back. He's at an age where he needs to start playing games to progress. On this subject Tomlinson seems to have fallen away. Keep the changes to a minimum. Keep the momentum. 

Raya

Travis Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Payne Dack Armstrong 

Graham

Just now, benhben said:

Don't see the point in Caddis when we have an academy player who is more mobile and has played most of his u23 games at Right back. He's at an age where he needs to start playing games to progress. On this subject Tomlinson seems to have fallen away. Keep the changes to a minimum. Keep the momentum. 

Raya

Travis Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Bennett Smallwood

Payne Dack Armstrong 

Graham

Travis is,surprisingly in my opinion, with the under 23s tonight 

Archived