BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen photos and this is complete and utter nonsense there's barely a damn snowdrop! The club should have threatened legal action immediately against Gillingham FC, Kent Police, etc. Fans travelling must be absolutely incensed. Granted there had been reports of potential bad weather and some may not have risked it but there's nothing there!

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Just light snow here now, not sticking though.

Biting wind, going to be a laugh on that open end! :unsure:

Gutted for you Matty, get yourself in a warm boozer.

I hope the club put on free transport for the fans that bought tickets for today's game, they're a credit to the club.

If pitch is frozen fine (not sure how it can be) but if it’s this surrounding areas cobblers authorities need to man up and stop wrapping everyone in cotton wool. 

A mate is there and nothing wrong as he can tell. Slightly windy he said. 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Not that bad here, hasn't laid on the pavements or roads at all.

Honestly we were lucky that the Wimbledon game went ahead, so it is what it is. 

Thought you'd have gone DE with it being round the corner? A chance to see us live?

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Ah wind it in, will ya. FFS.

Tell me what's acceptable about calling the game off for no good reason? If I had been travelling I would sue Kent Police for the inconvenience. That's what fans travelling should do. 

There were less safety regulations in Salisbury than this!

A lot of anger on Facebook over this decision. The only way this can turn in to any sort of a good day is for Scunthorpe to beat Shrewsbury. 

According to BBC:

Gillingham's home game against League One leaders Blackburn Rovers has been postponed following overnight snow.

The decision was taken at 11:30 GMT following an inspection, and on police advice, with further wintry weather expected during the afternoon.

A Gillingham statement said the pitch was "potentially playable" but the amount of snow around the stadium was a health and safety concern for fans.

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Thought you'd have gone DE with it being round the corner? A chance to see us live?

I work at a local animal charity on weekends Gav so sadly it's not that simple! Have to make do with having BBC and the match thread here on 5 minute refresh. 

Just now, DE. said:

I work at a local animal charity on weekends Gav so sadly it's not that simple! Have to make do with having BBC and the match thread here on 5 minute refresh. 

I couldn't make it today either, bloody glad now!

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So we have two weeks off now. Not good 

I have no doubt we will be caught cold in our next game. No doubt at all 

That would be on Mowbray, absolutely no need for that to happen, chance to rest up and be fighting fit!

Wise to call it off if safety is a concern but could and should have been earlier 

• Backroom
Just now, Gav said:

I couldn't make it today either, bloody glad now!

A lot of respect for the fans who follow the team all over, gutted for anyone who made the trip today. Am genuinely surprised it's been called off as it seemed far worse when we played Wimbledon, and that was at a non-league standard ground. Odd. 

Archived