BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

This health and safety bollocks seems to have gained a life of its own with my generation so I reckon I belong to a different era. Not sure if people were tougher once or actually embodied that keep calm and carry on mantra but can’t possibly play or watch football in the snow

3315463B-DD37-434F-9247-02AC0D0D8CA4.jpeg

B3587EC8-5831-4558-988F-B12E643ADE4A.jpeg

97A0C438-2959-4919-BE91-9D5C77218D46.jpeg

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You'd think the Scunny v Shrews game would be off too with it being on the east coast.

No you wouldn't, they're 200 miles apart. 

If it’s to do with fan safety they should release statements and make announcements saying those who choose to go to the game do so at their own risk and Gillingham fc (or whoever) will take no responsibility for anyone who chooses to be there as they have been warned not to go 

As a fan if you don’t like the terms or the risk don’t go. 

Honest question is what's changed since last night? If the forecasters got it wrong and an unexpected turn for the worst has happened  then ok. The situation should have been inspected at first light today. 

Hope the media get on top of this story. 

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Honest question is what's changed since last night? If the forecasters got it wrong and an unexpected turn for the worst has happened  then ok. The situation should have been inspected at first light today. 

Hope the media get on top of this story. 

Exactly and assuming their chairman is still named Scally he's been known to draw some attention. I wouldn't be surprised if he's had arguments with the police in the past because he's spoken out on numerous other issues. Nobody at Ewood is going to do anything about it so its a shame Scally hasn't publicly called out the police over this.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gillingham-blackburn-rovers-report-161660/

It’s our fault for having too many fans, we couldn’t be moved elsewhere from the Scaffolding End

They knew how many were travelling, they knew the forecast, they knew that end wasn't covered = they knew the postponement was inevitable based on their procedures re H&S.

Utter clowns.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They knew how many were travelling, they knew the forecast, they knew that end wasn't covered = they knew the postponement was inevitable based on their procedures re H&S.

Utter clowns.

....and they knew long before 1130,

46 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

If I had been travelling I would sue Kent Police for the inconvenience. That's what fans travelling should do. 

Nah. I'm fairly sure you're waffling, so lets leave it there, okay?

Must be incredibly frustrating for the people that were travelling down or had made arrangements. To echo what others have said, I hope the club lays something on for them.

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Nah. I'm fairly sure you're waffling, so lets leave it there, okay?

Must be incredibly frustrating for the people that were travelling down or had made arrangements. To echo what others have said, I hope the club lays something on for them.

No I'm just speaking the truth. Call this waffle if you want but I imagine the club may refund even those fans travelling on the new date. At least those who use the official away travel.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do they have any injuries to key players I wonder? 

This looks to be the only game off in the UK or Ireland. I find this frustrating to be honest. 

Did you read the Kent rag story posted above? That's why it's off. An uncovered end that will be a nightmare to navigate without slipping and will gradually worse as the day progresses. Not great if you slip over break your leg and smack your head. Gills FC are incompetent and should have called it off yesterday. Simple as that.

Did you read the Kent rag story posted above? That's why it's off. An uncovered end that will be a nightmare to navigate without slipping and will gradually worse as the day progresses. Not great if you slip over break your leg and smack your head. Gills FC are incompetent and should have called it off yesterday. Simple as that.

Or covered the end 

• Backroom

Indeed. If this weather front was unexpected then okay, but we've been told from literally the start of the week that this was coming. Completely unacceptable if Gillingham have made no arrangements to deal with the situation and opted to call it off as the easy solution instead. 

Archived