SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I will be writing to the EFL later to voice my feelings about the debacle yesterday. I suggest as many people as possible do so and demand all the facts before deciding on a next course of action. I believe Gillingham have a case to answer.

https://www.efl.com/supporters/contact-supporter-services/

Done mine. Suggested a full investigation into their match day procedures (or lack of).

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Not sure about this but didnt Gillingham have a game postponed more than 24 hrs before the game , 3 weeks ago ? 

Yes against Rotherham, they actually postponed it on the Thursday before!

If you recall in this thread I was trying to encourage less promotion of the opposition, etc. Saying that the club needs to focus on promoting Rovers and not giving so much acknowledgement to the opposition, etc. This was brought up again recently prior to the last home game on the subject of an away fanzone, etc being far too welcoming. If I was to create a thread like that for the rearranged date would I be wasting my time? Or will there be equal promotion, etc for a club that has insulted Rovers and wasted fans time? All clubs should focus on promoting themselves and advertising games by league fixture number not the opponents. Its not just because Rovers are a far bigger club though that should be a means to intimidate clubs like Gillingham too. Scally wouldn't have been happy with a lawsuit from Rovers.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

If you recall in this thread I was trying to encourage less promotion of the opposition, etc. Saying that the club needs to focus on promoting Rovers and not giving so much acknowledgement to the opposition, etc. This was brought up again recently prior to the last home game on the subject of an away fanzone, etc being far too welcoming. If I was to create a thread like that for the rearranged date would I be wasting my time? Or will there be equal promotion, etc for a club that has insulted Rovers and wasted fans time? All clubs should focus on promoting themselves and advertising games by league fixture number not the opponents. Its not just because Rovers are a far bigger club though that should be a means to intimidate clubs like Gillingham too. Scally wouldn't have been happy with a lawsuit from Rovers.

Are you actually for real? 

Right well that's already made up my mind. If you don't see changing general mentality as something worth discussing then go ahead. Give excessive promotion to a club which gave Rovers no respect at the weekend. Drink their damn concourse dry (or whatever they call it in that pathetic stand) that will show them. :rolleyes:

...and people wonder why likes of Agnew and other sharks survived for so long in the background. Better not mention Whelan and Wigan supporting FUP again either I'll just get 12 people liking retorts against me. :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Right well that's already made up my mind. If you don't see changing general mentality as something worth discussing then go ahead. Give excessive promotion to a club which gave Rovers no respect at the weekend. Drink their damn concourse dry (or whatever they call it in that pathetic stand) that will show them. :rolleyes:

...and people wonder why likes of Agnew and other sharks survived for so long in the background. Better not mention Whelan and Wigan supporting FUP again either I'll just get 12 people liking retorts against me. :rolleyes:

Fair play to you for getting on the sauce so early today 

Well with the beast from the East rearing it's ugly head again I hope Gillingham have got their house in order. With part three and four of the blizzardous conditions due to strike tomorrow and continue on and off until mid April what is the chance of this game being called off again. If it is snowing how many would be tempted to give it a miss. Surly they couldn't make the same mistake twice..........could they

6 hours ago, renrag said:

A question to which Arbitro may have  the answer.

When the Gillingham game is played on April 10, Swindon will also be playing Yeovil which was postponed on March 3. Trevor Kettle was down to referee both these games. Does that mean we will not have to suffer him on the new date as Swindon was called off first or does the higher league take precedence? 

He will do both games at the same time and nobody will notice.

7 hours ago, renrag said:

A question to which Arbitro may have  the answer.

When the Gillingham game is played on April 10, Swindon will also be playing Yeovil which was postponed on March 3. Trevor Kettle was down to referee both these games. Does that mean we will not have to suffer him on the new date as Swindon was called off first or does the higher league take precedence? 

It happened to me once and from memory one was at Luton and one at Wrexham. Quite simply the Football League gave me the option of either. Hopefully if the same choice is offered to Kettle he opts for Swindon ?.

Just now, arbitro said:

It happened to me once and from memory one was at Luton and one at Wrexham. Quite simply the Football League gave me the option of either. Hopefully if the same choice is offered to Kettle he opts for Swindon ?.

You just know he’s going to pick ours. Arrogant, incompetent people tend to seek the limelight.

Well at least its Swindon/Yeovil not Rovers who could suffer a scalding.

Don't know if its been mentioned but he was actually one of the linesmen at the 2002 League Cup final. At least he didn't make his name synonymous that day!

1 minute ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well at least its Swindon/Yeovil not Rovers who could suffer a scalding.

Don't know if its been mentioned but he was actually one of the linesmen at the 2002 League Cup final. At least he didn't make his name synonymous that day!

He is a durable Kettle 

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Are crisp puns aloud also or is it purly hot beverage humour

I thought about quoting Stuart's claim that he would seek the limelight asking if its because he has a Kettle chip on his shoulder. Don't want to make too many light hearted jokes though I'll ruin my reputation. :D

Anyway anyone worried about Rovers getting into deep trouble at GILLingham? Just hope there isn't deep snow not that there was for the postponed game anyway. 

• Backroom

Not sure if it’s a blessing or a curse being before Shrewsbury play again.

On the one hand a win turns the screw and puts the pressure on them going to Bradford but if we fail to win they know they can close the gap right down again 

• Paul pinned this topic
9 hours ago, Tom said:

Not sure if it’s a blessing or a curse being before Shrewsbury play again.

On the one hand a win turns the screw and puts the pressure on them going to Bradford but if we fail to win they know they can close the gap right down again 

No it's a blessing alright. Points on the board mate. Counts for a lot. Just hope Dack is fit. My lineup -

Raya

Bennett     Downing     Mulgrew     Williams

Evans          Smallwood

Armstrong           Dack         Conway

Graham

If Lenighan is fit then he plays instead of Downing

Just now, dallydally said:

No it's a blessing alright. Points on the board mate. Counts for a lot. Just hope Dack is fit. My lineup -

Raya

Bennett     Downing     Mulgrew     Williams

Evans          Smallwood

Armstrong           Dack         Conway

Graham

If Lenighan is fit then he plays instead of Downing

If Dack isn't fit ( and he'd have to be absolutely 100% for me to be risked ) Payne get's another chance  to make a name for himself in that role. Playing away he may get more space.  If he's ineffectual after 45 mins I suggest we move Bennett there and play Travis at right back. It's a shame Gladwin isn't match fit as he's a better player than Dack, in his head.

No point risking Dack if there is any doubt at all, a reoccurrence of this injury could be the end his season.

Not sure Dack will make this as all the injuries that are "not as bad as we thought" seem to keep players out for 2 or 3 weeks will have an inkling into to his thinking with who plays Monday night for u23 at Leyland, I think it will be same again as Saturday with Payne for Dack and Lenighan for Downing if fit.

Archived