BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

Just now, AdamRochina said:

We look  tired?? 

playing at least 2 players out of position (Bennett & Armstrong) and going with 1 up front again seems to lead to a ponderous boring type of football.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Wigan 2-0 and looking relentless at the minute - then again they did until the Pompey game and they went and lost that one 

i see that we've been put in the upper tier of the away end (negatingvthe influence of our support)

I've never understood why we don't do that.

It would save on policing/security as well as negating the away support.

Anyone from the Fans Forum have any influence on this?

• Backroom

Not the first time we've had an insipid first half... seems to account for most of them! We usually perform much better in the second period, so if we get to half time at 0-0 we'll hopefully come out and put the game to bed in the last 45.

• Backroom

Rochdale/Wigan fairly even stats wise, and Wigan have had a tendency to concede goals lately, so that game is far from done yet. 

Just a single shot for us in the first half. Dominating possession but apparently doing very little with it. Improvement once again needed in the second half.

• Backroom
Just now, benhben said:

Seem to be getting plenty of corners. Have we actually scored from a corner at all this season?

Seem to recall Mulgrew getting a couple at the back post but we rarely even threaten from them, can’t remember seeing one of ours really attack a ball from them

9 minutes ago, barry_ said:

i see that we've been put in the upper tier of the away end (negatingvthe influence of our support)

I've never understood why we don't do that.

It would save on policing/security as well as negating the away support.

Anyone from the Fans Forum have any influence on this?

I THINK it's because prices have to match across the ground. Therefore prices in the Darwen End upper and Blackburn End upper have to be reflective. We used to not do it because there was deals in the family stand when it was upper tier. Not sure why not now. Get them in the upper tier at £45 a ticket I say.

• Backroom

We were crap first half at weekend, if we come out with the same intensity we showed for 15 minutes after the break we should win this.

Attack attack attack 

Just now, OJRovers said:

Said it last game, we need Bennett's energy in CM. Evans back to being Evans, not good enough. 

Agree , why hasn't Caddis come in at right back ? He was steady if not spectacular at the beginning of season 

Just now, robbojohnno said:

Mowbray worrying me these last 3 games. Are we going to bottle it!? 

Me too. Why is Conway back in the starting line up? He isn't good enough these days and that was pretty evident earlier in the season. Thought We'd gone beyond that.

Archived