BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

We were never going to win every game till the rest of the season, but our seemingly poor performance tonight worries me. All we can do is bounce back at the weekend! I urge everyone on this board to STAY CALM. It's not over yet :lol: 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Butty said:

We were never going to win every game till the rest of the season, but our seemingly poor performance tonight worries me. All we can do is bounce back at the weekend! I urge everyone on this board to STAY CALM. It's not over yet :lol: 

Dont panic Captain Mainwaring !

Get real folks , a point is not the end of the world !

4 minutes ago, Biz said:

Sarcasm doesn’t always translate well.

It’s bloody true what he said though pal. You contradicted yourself big time. Spend on Samuel so bring him on but don’t bring on Bell as he’s been poor even though he cost similar. Classify your thoughts on Dominic Samuel’s performances over the past few months then?!

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Dont panic Captain Mainwaring !

Get real folks , a point is not the end of the world !

It's not about the point it's about the performances, or more to the point, the lack of them. How can we look so disjointed at this stage of the season ? The contrast between this team and the young lads is mind blowing.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It’s bloody true what he said though pal. You contradicted yourself big time.

I just spun round exactly what Barry said in reply to his own points - I don’t believe you’d keep anyone in purely because of their cost!! Is it that confusing? I’ll put a disclaimer for you.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's not about the point it's about the performances, or more to the point, the lack of them. How can we look so disjointed at this stage of the season ?

To be fair, we've hardly looked fluent at any point in the season. We either grind out results or Dack/Mulgrew/Graham come up with a bit of class that belongs in the division above.

Putting Whittingham and Samuel on suggests he had settled for the point and he wanted to rest his key men.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

To be fair, we've hardly looked fluent at any point in the season. We either grind out results or Dack/Mulgrew/Graham come up with a bit of class that belongs in the division above.

Putting Whittingham and Samuel on suggests he had settled for the point and he wanted to rest his key men.

My interpretation also. None of the usuals looked remotely like scoring and there’s another game in 4 days. Dack can’t have been 100% and Graham hardly ever goes the full 90 anyway.

I’m taking heart from another clean sheet in which Raya had little to do, and did it very well.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Which youngsters would you have brought on that could have changed the game in an attacking sense?

Travis, Tomlinson or Nuttall would be the obvious ones. Obviously you are simply baiting me on this but we didn’t even have the option to make any such changes.

It isn’t just about attackers though. There was a need to some energy, fresh legs across the park. We know Samuel and Whittingham are not up to it. They have proven it this season.

However, just our whole approach to the game was poor. It’s not just about the players but the attitude. It looked like a must-not-lose game rather than a three-points-needed one. Laboured, tired looking. Wasteful. Profligate. If Shrewsbury we’re watching that game it will have given them hope that if they can keep the pressure on then we will fold. Lots of huffing and puffing with no end product. We have absolutely no chance of catching Wigan - can we stay above Shrewsbury? For me the play-offs would be a stretch too far for our tired old guard. Where is the old cliched mix of youth and experience?

Just now, Tony Diamond Inc said:

Absolutely incredible!

The extent of the trembling responses on here is baffling.

Funny though.

Just like old times. The first blow from the HC mob. Keep on clapping on.

You are the only person laughing this evening too. Well apart from Wigan and Shrewsbury fans.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Winning tonight would have put even more pressure on them.  Even playing well and drawing would have made them think again. As it is we've given them room for hope.

How we played makes no difference to Shrewsbury. You can play well and lose. 

Not the ideal result, but let's see how they handle the pressure 

• Backroom
Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Instead of bringing Samuel on, he would have been better bringing Downing on  and playing Mulgrew further forward and ordering him to

shoot on site.

One shot in the first 65 mins is pathetic for a team leading the table.

Mowbray would have been better bringing himself on. It's like Chris Brown all over again, whenever the sub happens you know nothing good will come of it. Although at least Samuel chipped in with a few earlier in the season, I suppose. Just a shame he came back from injury like... this.

Archived