BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

28 minutes ago, AlanK said:

Can't believe people actual think there is a cynical conspiracy at hand regarding tickets for away games when we have easily had the biggest away following all season.

?

How does the size of our away following relate to any cynical ploy or otherwise?

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You didn't answer the question as to why we have got a reduced allocation compared to Wigan? And again, I said IF. Do you understand the word IF?

How do you know the club would do it all it can to get supporters to the game? It looks like they are doing the exact opposite if the facebook post by the DRFC official is correct?

Bb3333

your clutching at a straw my mate. Rovers have no cynical ploy at all, you and I both know it. The very fact is time is now short the game is 48 hrs away and if we are to accept the Facebook entry as genuine the it appears that rovers fans can gain paid entry at the turnstile.

As for your burning question I have no idea why Rovers allocation is lesser than wigons. Maybe it’s because that game is at the weekend I can’t see it being for their massive away support because they haven’t got one. Rotherham would be a south York’s derby so that is explained. As for Brfc the game was postponed earlier on and they probably offered what was deemed then a suitable amount of tickets at the time. The old bill may have a part to play in it but seeing as tickets are on offer at the gate I don’t think that counts!

its all IFS and BUTS?

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Indeed. It’s an odd message (and route) to Rovers fans. Very well written if it’s a wind-up. Not sure why someone would make it up unless just to have a chuckle at the mayhem of a few hundred ticketless fans turning up.

Well Dean Medcalf is a supporter Liaison Officer at Doncaster Rovers

Named here - https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/fans/slos/

Tweeted rovers about what the donny liaison officer said in respect of the stand holding 3300 and rovers saying allocation is 2900 and all i got back is "weve received the additional allocation" so whether that means they are now selling upto 3300 or 2900 is the lot i dont know. 

Rovers probably want the 2900 to sell and then they can do a beam back and they know more will be available on the night but don't want to ask for extra as they want to be able to offer beam back, which they probably can if they've sold the requested allocation, and donny can still sell more tickets on the gate.

Just now, AAK said:

Tweeted rovers about what the donny liaison officer said in respect of the stand holding 3300 and rovers saying allocation is 2900 and all i got back is "weve received the additional allocation" so whether that means they are now selling upto 3300 or 2900 is the lot i dont know. 

Think its obvious rovers want the 2900 to sell and then they can do a beam back and they know more will be available on the night but don't want to ask for extra as they want to be able to offer beam back, which they probably can if they've sold the requested allocation, and donny can still sell more tickets on the gate.

If you click on the link the club is saying we've already had the increased allocation. Quite why the increased allocation is still 400 less than the away stand holds is anyone's guess. It's not a conspiracy though. Definitely not. Some people who wouldn't have a clue either way have definitely said it's not a conspiracy. So that's that.

There needs to be a club announcement on this tomorrow. We can’t be having Doncaster saying one thing, and our club saying another. This isn’t any average promotion, this is the end of 7 painful years. 

I honestly think the Doncaster chap is a fake. Surely they can’t be selling tickets on the gate? It’d be like when Celtic turned up at Ewood, or when City won promotion in 2000 here . It would be absolute chaos.

With regards to the beam back: I wonder about the logistics of organising it. Surely it’d have to be on the big screen, with people on the pitch? Supply would outstrip demand if it was limited to both the bars. 

I think the club are saving the party for the Oxford game. 

That's the game they are pushing with the ticket offers and I guess they are hoping to get fans through the gate who have stayed away in recent history and to appeal to new fans.

I'm expecting 18 to 20k for that one which would be outstanding for a town club in the 3rd division

Just now, AlanK said:

I think the club are saving the party for the Oxford game. 

That's the game they are pushing with the ticket offers and I guess they are hoping to get fans through the gate who have stayed away in recent history and to appeal to new fans.

I'm expecting 18 to 20k for that one which would be outstanding for a town club in the 3rd division

Too little, too late.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Too little, too late.

It’s funny how just when Rovers fans are looking forward to something worth celebrating there’s folk who just want to put a downer on it.

Fans will mostly follow a successful team but it seems that’s not enough due to our recent history. 

11 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

It’s funny how just when Rovers fans are looking forward to something worth celebrating there’s folk who just want to put a downer on it.

Fans will mostly follow a successful team but it seems that’s not enough due to our recent history. 

FFS! It's the thought police. Have a chat with Paul, he'll be right up your street.

That Doncaster chap was saying that as of last week we'd sold 1,000 tickets. Rovers (BRFC) tweeted that we'd sold 2,400. I'd take what their "SLO" says with a pinch of salt.

It's nothing short of a disgrace if we don't end up with the full allocation given the importance of the game. It's not like there's significant demand for home tickets... The away section is the entire North Stand and a few blocks of the East Stand according to a stadium plan on their website:

venue

Our 2,900 allocation is blocks N34-N44; meaning there are 4 blocks set aside for away supporters that will be empty if BRFC haven't asked for more tickets.

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The moaning on here is unreal, this game has been on sale for weeks, you've had more than enough time to purchase... 

It has, but now it’s potentially a promotion night, so of course there’s been a surge in demand, what’s difficult to grasp about that?

9 hours ago, roversfan2001 said:

That Doncaster chap was saying that as of last week we'd sold 1,000 tickets. Rovers (BRFC) tweeted that we'd sold 2,400. I'd take what their "SLO" says with a pinch of salt.

It's nothing short of a disgrace if we don't end up with the full allocation given the importance of the game. It's not like there's significant demand for home tickets... The away section is the entire North Stand and a few blocks of the East Stand according to a stadium plan on their website:

venue

Our 2,900 allocation is blocks N34-N44; meaning there are 4 blocks set aside for away supporters that will be empty if BRFC haven't asked for more tickets.

I am in N41 ... Ordered mine Thursday night after the game leaving N42&N43 from initial allocation   so if they're selling tickets in a clockwise strategy the extra 400 would take them to to N44 leaving the E blocks for the extra extra allocation ?

Social media does have a big reach these days and they have been pushing it on there - even folk who don't use it themselves will know people that do and get the news second hand.

I don't get the LT, but I assume it's advertised in there? As there is still a substantial crowd of people that get their Rovers news exclusively from the Telegraph.

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

If you click on the link the club is saying we've already had the increased allocation. Quite why the increased allocation is still 400 less than the away stand holds is anyone's guess. It's not a conspiracy though. Definitely not. Some people who wouldn't have a clue either way have definitely said it's not a conspiracy. So that's that.

Got a reply from Rovers, the total allocation is 3300

I have just been on the Doncaster website to try and purchase a ticket ,all my details were put in with my ol12 8jb postcode

I picked a random seat in Area W24 Row R Seat 527 clicked on pay with no problems ...

I do have one BTW from the original date ,I was just trying as I was told it was possible and it does appear to be ...

Archived