BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not on a weekday :P

In some ways the pressure is actually off us. We know we need to win, but we are in a position where we are probably going to go up either way soon enough. I can see a good performance this evening 

You could be right. I'd be shocked if we don't go up now but just hoping it's tonight 

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferguson "lite" determined not to see anyone else celebrating promotion in Doncaster. Seems to forget there's not much they can do about it when there's other teams involved. Like his Dad found out 23 years ago even a loss won't temper any celebration if the ultimate endgame is achieved. With Peterborough United being more disappointed than most not to take anything from Ewood perhaps that will inspire them even more towards getting a result tonight. Then again with the playoffs still possible maybe that's all the inspiration they need.

Pre-match dread is starting to settle into my stomach now. Made a hoop of myself last time. I was absolutley useless all day on Friday having stayed up to watch the match against Posh. Think I'll have a bit of cop on about it tonight and sleep for a few hours before the kick off. That usually sees me right.

Oh and best wishes to all the travelling support! I hope this is your big party night! Been phenomenal all season. Hope the players give you something to really sing about it. Cheers!

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not on a weekday :P

In some ways the pressure is actually off us. We know we need to win, but we are in a position where we are probably going to go up either way soon enough. I can see a good performance this evening 

Will ya be worryin' yer nuts though?

• Backroom
48 minutes ago, Gav said:

By 4pm I'll be predicting 1-4 away win and going up as Champions :D

It's 2:15 - are we at least sneaking a win yet?

Remember, wet grass can be slippery!

First 45 is going to be a big test of nerves as I expect the cautious approach again of having Dack deep and looking to hit long balls or counter, the approach that's caused us our own problems at times. Wouldn't be surprised to see us ship a goal and stage the usual second half fight back, tonight more than any we need the big guns blazing.

7 hours ago, AAK said:

SOLD OUT - the allocation is actually 3839.

EDIT: Maybe not, they have said 3839 sold, but still telling people tickets are available, so maybe we are getting around 4000.

Just been looking at Wigan's website, 345 tickets left for Donny away a week on Saturday.

Total final allocation 4,111.

Expect there'll be no nerves from the players tonight, they know it's job done tonight. Fully expect them to be wanting to get out there now and get stuck into Doncaster from the off. So long as when we need a breather they don't let Doncaster gain in confidence we'll be alright.

Come on Charlie and the boys !

Good luck to all the supporters there.

3 minutes ago, Donny Rovers said:

Long shot I know, but currently on holiday in Orlando, does anybody know if the match is being shown over here?

If you are out of the UK you should be able to purchase the match day pass on ifollow, The game is not being broadcast on any TV stations anywhere as far as I can see

Archived