BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

8 hours ago, OJRovers said:

MK Dons on Easter Monday should be the Big One. Trains are already expensive, so transport would be great. I think we could take over 5,000.

It's ridiculous that the train prices should be so extortionate on a Bank Holiday. I paid £17 to go from Manchester to Milton Keynes for the Northampton match but it's cost me £37 for the same journey for the MK match.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paid £50 return to get to Gillingham in March and that's my limit. I only ever use the train to get to the London grounds or those in that region.

I won't pay more than that to go anywhere in this country as it is simply ludicrous that any train journey should cost that much given the size of the place.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Paid £50 return to get to Gillingham in March and that's my limit. I only ever use the train to get to the London grounds or those in that region.

I won't pay more than that to go anywhere in this country as it is simply ludicrous that any train journey should cost that much given the size of the place.

£37 with a senior railcard.

56 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I looked at that nearer £100 now , I am not sure of a ticket ...So not booked !

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's ridiculous that the train prices should be so extortionate on a Bank Holiday. I paid £17 to go from Manchester to Milton Keynes for the Northampton match but it's cost me £37 for the same journey for the MK match.

Like a weekend not as many trains , charge what they want !

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As in dynamic pricing?

Totally get that, but is there that much more demand to go to Milton Keynes on a random weekend, than Birmingham?

I'm pretty sure it's because the MK game is on a public holiday. It's daft really as lots of people want to travel over the Easter weekend but will be deterred by the inflated prices. I'm guessing they would then drive adding to the congestion and pollution.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I thought that, so I checked other weekends to MK and it was still saying similar prices...

And yet travelling on December 23rd was only £17 for the same journey.

Just randomly checked for Saturday 7th April and it lots cheaper. The only conclusion from that is travelling at weekend's is cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

...and on sale now. You'd think they'd give advance notice. 2000 will sell out in no time.

I imagine a lot will wait and see what the new date is first, with the countries of all our internationals playing on that weekend it's bound to be called off.

I think it's a "provisional" squad, so I suppose Lenihan & Williams might not make the cut yet. Although Its probably provisional incase of injury pull outs etc.

Either way, if theres a chance to call it off I'm pretty certain we will.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Says something when you have more goalkeepers than strikers in your squad.

There is talk of Bamford and Callum Wilson being courted. We badly need to do something. Going to struggle big time as things stand I reckon. Having Robbie Keane around for 17 years was a luxury we didn't fully appreciate at the time 

Archived