BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

19 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There is talk of Bamford and Callum Wilson being courted. We badly need to do something. Going to struggle big time as things stand I reckon. Having Robbie Keane around for 17 years was a luxury we didn't fully appreciate at the time 

Must be awful for you relying on not-good-enough English players. :rolleyes:

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

No to transport or taking over 5k?

I'll be going and will get the train down. I'll pay what I have to pay to get into a stadium where we have 5+thousand away fans. When we travel well it's always a barmy day - here's to hoping this one being one too!

No free travel. It is becoming clear to me that that club won’t be doing anything to try and swell numbers following the team in the run in - case in point; game after game being deemed Cat A at Ewood.

I’d love to see us take a big following, but with it being a fair distance away, crazy train prices and not a new ground, I can’t see more than 2-3k.

Shame, as Easter could be pivotal and you can have as many tickets as you like at MK.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No free travel. It is becoming clear to me that that club won’t be doing anything to try and swell numbers following the team in the run in - case in point; game after game being deemed Cat A at Ewood.

I’d love to see us take a big following, but with it being a fair distance away, crazy train prices and not a new ground, I can’t see more than 2-3k.

Shame, as Easter could be pivotal and you can have as many tickets as you like at MK.

When you consider our remaining away fixtures I believe the club will have looked and concluded that we will pretty much sell out anyway without the incentive of free coach travel. They could however incenitivise other aspects with vouchers or something similar.

In many respects the travelling support are victims of their own loyalty by travelling in such numbers this season. 

We’ll probably sell out everywhere else, however at MK you can have over 7,000.

We won’t be taking that without free travel, if we did and the club marketed it like Charlton did with ‘Operation Ewood’ about a decade ago -they filled the Darwen End- we could have had an enormous following.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Yes 29,000 capacity ground, 12,000 average crowd, which can easily take 10,000 visitors by giving both ends.

No chance the police would ever allow such a thing. At most we'd be given what Portsmouth got in December, which is the entire away end (3,000) plus a block of the side stand (another 900 or so).

Wolves took 9k there a few years ago (think it was 2014) but their fans caused a few problems, segregation and other matters. MK Dons then reduced the maximum away allocation to around 7.8k which was what Coventry sold when they played there in the cup a season or so afterwards. I suppose, without any subsidised travel, an allocation of around 3.9k would be about right. Can’t help but feel Rovers are missing a trick on this.

Holding off at getting a ticket but WTH I need to be there.

Last night away game I went to was long long time ago v Bolton when Faz got the winner in front of a then record third division gate (was it 33,010??).

:rover:

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Rich Sharpe reckons Scotland's game v Hungary is on the Tuesday before we play Bradford on the Thursday. Not ideal at all.

And it's an away game on the Tuesday in Hungary, having played Costa Rica at home on the Saturday.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

And it's an away game on the Tuesday in Hungary, having played Costa Rica at home on the Saturday.

The sensible thing would be for him to be excluded. He obviously can't pull out of the squad, but surely McLeish knows enough about Mulgrew and should use these games to look at other players 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Stupid friendlies for teams with literally no reason to be playing each other at this time of the season. 

It seems daft to be having an international break the week before Easter. Surely the organisers know that there will be a lot of international games on the Tuesday, with most Football League clubs playing on Good Friday. So there will be lots of players off on internationals, travelling etc. not returning to their clubs until at least Wednesday with double league fixtures on the Friday and then Easter Monday.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The sensible thing would be for him to be excluded. He obviously can't pull out of the squad, but surely McLeish knows enough about Mulgrew and should use these games to look at other players 

Yes, you would hope McLeish uses sense in the Hungary game

Archived