Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

This is the game we go up. No way shrews beat that posh side

Peterborough won 1-0 at home against them in the reverse fixture way back in October and ended the Shrews unbeaten start to the season. So here's hoping they can do them again.

Antonsson shouldn't be starting this game and we desperately need a right back so we can push Bennett back into CM. I'm guessing Caddis is just to gash to start?

Do our job here and we're as good as there regardless of what Shrewsbury do in their games. If the Peterborough of last night turn up at Shrewsbury on Tuesday then I doubt they'll win that one, even better if Bury pull of a surprise result. Only worry is that by Tuesday Peterborough might not have anything to play for if results go against them on Saturday.

10 hours ago, AJW said:

Just ordered mine , wasn't planning on going but after tonight I just cannot not go , never been before so if anybody has any tips on where to park etc I would be grateful 

There's a big man made lake behind the ground with a road going in a circle around it, when we went there was plenty of street parking on there and side streets off it.

• J*B pinned this topic
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

2,400 sold out of 2,978 allocation so far...

not bad, you'd think 3500 at least would be shifted. See Wigan have sold 3000 for Donny, although thats a saturday and their last game. They don't usually take more than us anywhere, even if ours is a tuesday.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Do our job here and we're as good as there regardless of what Shrewsbury do in their games. If the Peterborough of last night turn up at Shrewsbury on Tuesday then I doubt they'll win that one, even better if Bury pull of a surprise result. Only worry is that by Tuesday Peterborough might not have anything to play for if results go against them on Saturday.

Their futures?

On 4/19/2018 at 09:43, Bigdoggsteel said:

To be honest seeing the support from over here in Ireland has made me proud to support the club. After everything that has happened since Venkys took over, it is a credit to the supporters how they have carried themselves this season. You can see that Mowbray and the players notice it big time as well. 

I haven't been at a game for some months now, new baby ,new job and general life, but will definitely be aiming to get over to a couple next season. Hopefully before the play offs :) 

I am embarrassed to say last night was my first trip to ewood even though i have supported the club for 24 years. 

However what a night i dragged my non football supporting son to the match. It was incredible we are staying in Mellor and the locals are incredibly friendly the staff at the ground are a credit to the club. The young lad is already asking when we are coming back.

34 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

I am embarrassed to say last night was my first trip to ewood even though i have supported the club for 24 years. 

However what a night i dragged my non football supporting son to the match. It was incredible we are staying in Mellor and the locals are incredibly friendly the staff at the ground are a credit to the club. The young lad is already asking when we are coming back.

Well don't leave it another 24 years.

I think we'll pan them 3-1. 

After Thursday I think confidence is gonna be flowing again, that for me was THE most important game of the season.

Selfish me wants us to go up next week though after a day on the pop, driving on Tuesday..... 

Kind of hoping Wigan secure promotion today as it means Shrewsbury have slipped up and we can secure our own promotion Tuesday. I have my tickets already. Any hopes of us pipping Wigan to title are slim and to be fair I've already conceded it. That said hope the players go out each game with a more positive attitude than me

1 minute ago, JayDee said:

Kind of hoping Wigan secure promotion today as it means Shrewsbury have slipped up and we can secure our own promotion Tuesday. I have my tickets already. Any hopes of us pipping Wigan to title are slim and to be fair I've already conceded it. That said hope the players go out each game with a more positive attitude than me

Wigans last four games are Fleetwood (a), Bristol Rovers (a), Wimbledon (h) and Doncaster (a). I'm sure we can claw back points on them although it would have to be four points given the goal difference. I will be watching their results with interest.

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Wigans last four games are Fleetwood (a), Bristol Rovers (a), Wimbledon (h) and Doncaster (a). I'm sure we can claw back points on them although it would have to be four points given the goal difference. I will be watching their results with interest.

Bristol Rovers could be interesting. If Wigan wallop them I'd feel quite discouraged! Fleetwood with Joey Barton---you never know!

I think Wigan will take at least 6 points from those games sadly ,which means we'd need 2 wins and a draw.

Still feel we will finish second.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Barton can’t take over till June, still banned.

Officially yes but he's bound to be there you'd think. He'll want to run his eye over them and see what he needs to do.

Probably terrify them I'd imagine, fag ends in their eyes and stuff!

Archived