SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Officially yes but he's bound to be there you'd think. He'll want to run his eye over them and see what he needs to do.

Probably terrify them I'd imagine, fag ends in their eyes and stuff!

I think He is covering the semi at Wembley this afternoon 

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Barton can’t take over till June, still banned.

He was at Ewood on Thursday with his notepad clearly on a scouting mission. He will cocking a snoop at authority and that is one of the reasons he will fail as a manager.

13 hours ago, Blow-in said:

I am embarrassed to say last night was my first trip to ewood even though i have supported the club for 24 years. 

However what a night i dragged my non football supporting son to the match. It was incredible we are staying in Mellor and the locals are incredibly friendly the staff at the ground are a credit to the club. The young lad is already asking when we are coming back.

I'm being in Blackburn many times from Germany and people always friendly, but maybe not on brfcs some days/many days, pity for bad reaction. 

Is mellor a hotel accommodation please?

I have meeting at Austria on Tuesday and can't visit Doncaster Rovers FC match, maybe sickness come fast :rover:  So happy after Peterborough FC games, still smile now.

Just got my tickets for Doncaster, told a few hundred left, is there an away pub that Rovers fans will use ? 

Also lad in front of me told no coach travel left. 

Asked regarding Charlton game being live at Ewood, advised announcement will be made Mon / Tues.

Hoping for Wigan and Shrewsbury to slip up this afternoon !!!

COYB

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Mellor is a village on the edge of Blackburn - there’s a nice hotel/pub called The Millstone to stay in.

Thank you, I will look for Oxford United FC game maybe.

Just now, Mark45 said:

I'm being in Blackburn many times from Germany and people always friendly, but maybe not on brfcs some days/many days, pity for bad reaction. 

Is mellor a hotel accommodation please?

I have meeting at Austria on Tuesday and can't visit Doncaster Rovers FC match, maybe sickness come fast :rover:  So happy after Peterborough FC games, still smile now.

People who contribute on this message board aren't sometimes a true reflection of the population of Blackburn or even of themselves. When they turn on the computer nice people can get aggressive, just like when some people get behind the wheel of a car.

I'm grateful that you're going to so much trouble to watch the Rovers.

24 minutes ago, Scratch Andy said:

Just got my tickets for Doncaster, told a few hundred left, is there an away pub that Rovers fans will use ? 

Not very pub friendly, I’m afraid. The ground is situated well to the south of the town centre in a retail park type of area. I stayed over at the Earl of Doncaster a couple of years ago when the Challenge Cup Semi Final was held there and that was a fair hike to the ground. The nearest places for a drink, as far as I can see from Google Satellite will be a Beefeater, Frankie & Bennies and a pub called Woodfield Farm, south of the railway lines and probably 20 mins walk away.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The old ground had one of the best playing surfaces I've ever seen, even at the end of the season. I hope the new one is as good.

You are correct Tyrone that the Belle Vue pitch was terrific. In our post match reports we had to comment on and rate the pitch and, out of kilter with the rest of the ground the playing surface was rated highly on a regular basis so much so that the seasonal awards for pitch standards was regularly won by Doncaster.

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Not very pub friendly, I’m afraid. The ground is situated well to the south of the town centre in a retail park type of area. I stayed over at the Earl of Doncaster a couple of years ago when the Challenge Cup Semi Final was held there and that was a fair hike to the ground. The nearest places for a drink, as far as I can see from Google Satellite will be a Beefeater, Frankie & Bennies and a pub called Woodfield Farm, south of the railway lines and probably 20 mins walk away.

Thanks for the info, might be a bit rammed with our fantastic support.

23 hours ago, McClarky said:

Wonder if this will be on Sky.  They haven't announced any games for Tuesday so expect a late announcement after Saturday's games.  Could be a Championship game and a League 1 game.

The Derby/Cardiff game is on SKY, can't see them putting ours on as well.

Archived