BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know of any decent boozers near ish to the ground where can park up and preferably grab a bite to eat? Thought I’d been before but recall last game was due to go it was postponed for the jet ski championships or something bizarre.

So from what I can tell it seems to be another industrial estate McStadium on the outskirts of town job. The nearest pub seems to be the lakeside beefeater but if anyone can recommend anything else en route as there’s always parking issues with these industrial estate pubs. 

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Anyone know of any decent boozers near ish to the ground where can park up and preferably grab a bite to eat? Thought I’d been before but recall last game was due to go it was postponed for the jet ski championships or something bizarre.

So from what I can tell it seems to be another industrial estate McStadium on the outskirts of town job. The nearest pub seems to be the lakeside beefeater but if anyone can recommend anything else en route as there’s always parking issues with these industrial estate pubs. 

I didn't find parking restrictive last time we went. On the Industrial Park there were plenty of roads with no permits required or double yellow lines. It was a ten minute walk to the stadium. On the pub/eatery front I can't help you.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not if the club is now gearing up for a beamback, that can’t happen if tickets are being sold on the day...

If this is a cynical ploy to get fans to go to Ewood and watch it on beamback instead then the club needs to have a good hard look at themselves. The lack of cheap match tickets in the run-in and the lack of a gesture of free away travel for just one game ( as done by Shrewsbury) is also a huge own-goal. They had a chance to re-build the fanbase this season and they have failed massively.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If this is a cynical ploy to get fans to go to Ewood and watch it on beamback instead then the club needs to have a good hard look at themselves. The lack of cheap match tickets in the run-in and the lack of a gesture of free away travel for just one game ( as done by Shrewsbury) is also a huge own-goal. They had a chance to re-build the fanbase this season and they have failed massively.

What utter tosh

Rovers are not to blame in anyway

2500 away in donny 

3000 plus away at charlton 

how are Rovers to blame if the ticket take up has been sold?

charlton WONT give us anymore therefore BRFC are absolved.

donny won’t increase the allocation see above.!

Why should the club make cheap tickets available? Most of us have paid up front in the knowledge that it was the most cost effective option. If you are talking about specifically targeted matches to boost the gate then they have done that for the Oxford game.

Free away travel? Why? Again the club paid for travel to Gillingham when they did not need to. 

As of Friday I understand Donny tickets were still on sale. The game has of course increased in importance as far as promotion is concerned but that was always possible. Same for Charlton. It’s not like tickets for these games were very limited but once the allocations have been sold then the club are dependent on the home club for any increase.

Yes it would be nice for everyone who wants to be there to be able to get a ticket but  that’s not always possible. Personally I was desperate to get a ticket for Anfield in May 1995 but missed out. That’s life

Just now, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Why should the club make cheap tickets available? Most of us have paid up front in the knowledge that it was the most cost effective option. If you are talking about specifically targeted matches to boost the gate then they have done that for the Oxford game.

Free away travel? Why? Again the club paid for travel to Gillingham when they did not need to. 

As of Friday I understand Donny tickets were still on sale. The game has of course increased in importance as far as promotion is concerned but that was always possible. Same for Charlton. It’s not like tickets for these games were very limited but once the allocations have been sold then the club are dependent on the home club for any increase.

Yes it would be nice for everyone who wants to be there to be able to get a ticket but  that’s not always possible. Personally I was desperate to get a ticket for Anfield in May 1995 but missed out. That’s life

My point was about re-building our fanbase if you care to read my post again. Of course they don't have to do anything, but if they want to re-engage with the fanbase they really should do something. Your point about Anfield is irrelevant, unless other teams got a bigger allocation for Anfield than Rovers that season,  like the away fans at Doncaster have.

14 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What utter tosh

Rovers are not to blame in anyway

2500 away in donny 

3000 plus away at charlton 

how are Rovers to blame if the ticket take up has been sold?

charlton WONT give us anymore therefore BRFC are absolved.

donny won’t increase the allocation see above.!

Sigh. My point was about other teams getting a bigger allocation at Donny than us. I also started my post with IF. I didn't state it as fact, unless of course you know why Rovers have got a smaller allocation than Wigan at Donny? I look forward to you clearing that mystery up.

This has been posted on a fan page on Fb. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, shouldn’t this be something that Rovers are sharing with fans?

:

Hello everyone 

First, can I introduce myself I am the Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) at Doncaster Rovers. I am here just to post a quick message and some information regarding your visit to the Keepmoat Stadium. 

On Tuesday the Blackburn fans will be allocated our North Stand, which holds around 3300 fans. If you travel without a ticket, you will be able to purchase these from our 'Club Doncaster Academy' which is located next to the away end. Myself and the stewards will be able to direct you if you need help. 

Parking is available at the stadium in car park 3 at the price of £5. Disabled parking spaces can be booked through the clubs Box Office by calling 01302 762576.

Once you have arrived at the Keepmoat there will be food and drink available in the ground. If you would like a drink and a bite to eat before you enter the ground, then the away fans are welcome in the Belle Vue Bar (named after our former ground) which is located at the West Stand. Where you can try our very own Doncaster Rovers beer! Also known as Rovers1879. 

Below is a link to our away fans guide that was produced by the club with information regarding the Keepmoat and the surrounding areas. If you have the time it is well worth a read.
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/fans/away-fans/

If you have any questions then please leave a comment, my email address is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk . Or you can tweet me at @drfc_away.

Thank you for your time, I hope to see you on Tuesday and that you all have a safe journey.

Kind Regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers FC

29 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

My point was about re-building our fanbase if you care to read my post again. Of course they don't have to do anything, but if they want to re-engage with the fanbase they really should do something. Your point about Anfield is irrelevant, unless other teams got a bigger allocation for Anfield than Rovers that season,  like the away fans at Doncaster have.

I’m pretty sure that the club want as a many as possible to enjoy the experience should we be promoted on Tuesday but they surely can’t be criticised for denying fans the opportunity to be at the Keepmoat when tickets for the game have been on sale for months and are still available! 

The Oxford game will be a good test of our fan base and hopefully we will see the ground full to capacity!

Just now, Stuart said:

This has been posted on a fan page on Fb. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, shouldn’t this be something that Rovers are sharing with fans?

:

Hello everyone 

First, can I introduce myself I am the Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) at Doncaster Rovers. I am here just to post a quick message and some information regarding your visit to the Keepmoat Stadium. 

On Tuesday the Blackburn fans will be allocated our North Stand, which holds around 3300 fans. If you travel without a ticket, you will be able to purchase these from our 'Club Doncaster Academy' which is located next to the away end. Myself and the stewards will be able to direct you if you need help. 

Parking is available at the stadium in car park 3 at the price of £5. Disabled parking spaces can be booked through the clubs Box Office by calling 01302 762576.

Once you have arrived at the Keepmoat there will be food and drink available in the ground. If you would like a drink and a bite to eat before you enter the ground, then the away fans are welcome in the Belle Vue Bar (named after our former ground) which is located at the West Stand. Where you can try our very own Doncaster Rovers beer! Also known as Rovers1879. 

Below is a link to our away fans guide that was produced by the club with information regarding the Keepmoat and the surrounding areas. If you have the time it is well worth a read.
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/fans/away-fans/

If you have any questions then please leave a comment, my email address is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk . Or you can tweet me at @drfc_away.

Thank you for your time, I hope to see you on Tuesday and that you all have a safe journey.

Kind Regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers FC

Well that's just thrown the cat amongst the pigeons. If I was travelling without a ticket I would seek clarification first given the mixed messages from both clubs.

Just now, arbitro said:

Well that's just thrown the cat amongst the pigeons. If I was travelling without a ticket I would seek clarification first given the mixed messages from both clubs.

Indeed. It’s an odd message (and route) to Rovers fans. Very well written if it’s a wind-up. Not sure why someone would make it up unless just to have a chuckle at the mayhem of a few hundred ticketless fans turning up.

It would add credence to our club wanting to make money on beamback if Donny do want to sell more away tickets though. ?

Saying that, we’ve not officially sold out for Donny yet, have we?

Just now, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I’m pretty sure that the club want as a many as possible to enjoy the experience should we be promoted on Tuesday but they surely can’t be criticised for denying fans the opportunity to be at the Keepmoat when tickets for the game have been on sale for months and are still available! 

The Oxford game will be a good test of our fan base and hopefully we will see the ground full to capacity!

Again, the question is why we have a smaller allocation than Wigan. If the link from Stuart is accurate that suggests that Donny want as many BRFC fans as possible turning up because they can accommodate more BRFC fans than we have been allocated tickets.  Why is that? Is that because BRFC haven't requested enough and don't want to request anymore? I'm pretty sure after this weekend there will be more BRFC fans wanting to travel to Donny than there were on Friday.

The other thing is travel. Someone mentioned the supporters coaches wee full. Not sure if that's true but apparently the trains are a nightmare coming back from Donny. If there's no coaches then fewer people will buy tickets if they can't drive there. Would the club have to put on more coaches if more tickets were requested?

Just now, Stuart said:

Indeed. It’s an odd message (and route) to Rovers fans. Very well written if it’s a wind-up. Not sure why someone would make it up unless just to have a chuckle at the mayhem of a few hundred ticketless fans turning up.

It would add credence to our club wanting to make money on beamback if Donny do want to sell more away tickets though. ?

I thought I'd read that we had 2900 tickets for sale. According to the message that leaves 400 free to perhaps sell on the night but that's fraught with risk I think. 

57 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

So what if it’s been on sale for ages? Recent events mean more folk are going to want to go now it’s a potential promotion decider, the club should be doing everything it can to get as many tickets as possible - that’s 3800.

Folk missed out on Anfield and Deepdale because we sold out the total away allocation - if we only get a chance to take 2,900 that is a real shame as it isn’t the total allocation and fans could miss out on one of those special days that seem to come around once a decade.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The twitter account seems legitimate to me, sounds like it's something they do every game. Looking at the Doncaster website plenty of tickets still available in the West and East Stands, can't see it being much of a problem to get a ticket

Rovers have to buy the tickets from Donny. If they dont sell then they lose the cash.

As a result rovers arent going to advertise pay on the gate until they have sold all their tickets.

I suspect there will be a post tomorrow morning when the remaing tickets have been snapped up at the ticket office early door tomorrow

Yes Udders and as the online allocation sold out on Saturday evening, the rest will in all likelihood go in the first hour tomorrow morning.

Hope you’re right, maybe the social media got the wrong end of the stick and there’s an announcement in the morning announcing more on their way

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Sigh. My point was about other teams getting a bigger allocation at Donny than us. I also started my post with IF. I didn't state it as fact, unless of course you know why Rovers have got a smaller allocation than Wigan at Donny? I look forward to you clearing that mystery up.

How on earth can you think rovers would have a cynical ploy? The away support this season has been simply brilliant and I am pretty sure that if there was a possibility of extra tickets the club would do all they can to get more supporters to the game

Yes Alank,we have had the biggest average away following all season.So to see these clubs refusing to allocate us more tickets so our fans can celebrate promotion is rather selfish imo.

We bent over backwards to accommodate Charlton fans with their 'Operation Ewood'....time we learnt our lesson....half the Darwen End and that's your ferkin lot! <_<

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

So the only thing stopping stayaways like our resident ones on here is price, free transport and someone to hold their todgers while they go for a half-time p1ss.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

How on earth can you think rovers would have a cynical ploy? The away support this season has been simply brilliant and I am pretty sure that if there was a possibility of extra tickets the club would do all they can to get more supporters to the game

You didn't answer the question as to why we have got a reduced allocation compared to Wigan? And again, I said IF. Do you understand the word IF?

How do you know the club would do it all it can to get supporters to the game? It looks like they are doing the exact opposite if the facebook post by the DRFC official is correct?

Archived