BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

10 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The moaning on here is unreal, this game has been on sale for weeks, you've had more than enough time to purchase... 

I thought it was obvious but....

1) Whilst it was always possible, it is now officially the game which we can get promoted. That puts an extra weight and "I was there" on the occasion. (I'm having to pull a few strings at work and at home to clear Tuesday night. I wouldn't have committed to that hassle back in March when tickets were readily available.)

2) The moaning is because it's not sold out. People don't mind missing out if the seats are all gone but it stinks if people are missing out when there may well be up to 900 seats empty that are reserved for away supporters.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

so if you don't use twitter or facebook (like most people over 45 ?) or purposely go onto the club site (which most detatched fans will not be doing), then that explains why it is easy to avoid.

I am yet to speak to anyone who is aware of it. I am only aware because I come on here.

Doesn't matter to me what you think but that is the reality.

I guess it's a matter of attitude.

Some of us don't expect things handed to us on a plate.

And regardless that the club are doing a promotion some people just seem to want to find a reason to complain. 

The rest of us will be at Ewood

3 minutes ago, AlanK said:

I guess it's a matter of attitude.

Some of us don't expect things handed to us on a plate.

And regardless that the club are doing a promotion some people just seem to want to find a reason to complain. 

The rest of us will be at Ewood

Whats all that sanctimonious crap got to do with the post you're responding to?

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

(I'm having to pull a few strings at work and at home to clear Tuesday night. I wouldn't have committed to that hassle back in March when tickets were readily available.)

Same issue here , I nearly took my ticket back as I knew that I would have to do a lot of organising and changing  of hours to make the Tuesday match,now with the possibility of going up with a win I am prepared to sacrifice a few things work wise...

It seems over the weekend some wires might have got crossed. The club twitter account was clearly suggesting on Saturday that our allocation was 2,900 and that we would receive no more. Overnight this changed so now the club are saying that the total allocation is 3,300, which is the standard maximum allocation in the stand behind the goal. As mentioned, an additional few blocks in the side stand can also be allocated to take the following up to more than 4,000 but it seems we won't be allowed these, presumably because it is too late in the day and the additional policing/stewarding etc. rules it out. Given it is less than 48 hours until the game and we still have tickets from the 3,300 available there might not even be need for these additional seats. Still it would be nice if they could be provided if required.

I think it happens quite a lot that the twitter account and ticket office work in separate buildings and things can change without that information passing between them, so the last the twitter bloke might have heard may well have been 2,900 tickets, but since then an extra 400 might have been provided.

Just now, renrag said:

So we had a weekend when both of the clubs offices were closed. Monday morning comes along, and within an hour of them reopening, there was a phone call and another 700 tickets are available. Was there any cause for the near hysteria and conspiracy theories which dominated this site for the last 48 hours?

Hysteria LOL.

To be fair I wasn’t far away from hysteria! Not out of any malice to any party, just wanted as many of our fans there as possible.

Like I said in my reply to Udders, there was always a chance it was crossed wires between the social media team and the ticket office.

11 minutes ago, renrag said:

So we had a weekend when both of the clubs offices were closed. Monday morning comes along, and within an hour of them reopening, there was a phone call and another 700 tickets are available. Was there any cause for the near hysteria and conspiracy theories which dominated this site for the last 48 hours?

A gameless weekend filled with petty squabbles with no foundation in fact.

That's what MBs are for.

Love it :rover:

17 minutes ago, renrag said:

Rovers social media.

Sunday 7.51pm - "We have already received the increased allocation from Doncaster"

That's what the hysteria was about !!

Archived