SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Still patting myself on the back for being an excited little bar steward on Friday morning and making it rain on pay day by picking up three tickets.

K-Hod, you've played a blinder there.....

53 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Still patting myself on the back for being an excited little bar steward on Friday morning and making it rain on pay day by picking up three tickets.

K-Hod, you've played a blinder there.....

English is my native tongue but I had to reread that a few times to cop what you meant. Honestly! Thought at first you got a load of tips from your bar work and bought yerself some tickets. Oh well. Maybe I need to log off for a while.

23 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

English is my native tongue but I had to reread that a few times to cop what you meant. Honestly! Thought at first you got a load of tips from your bar work and bought yerself some tickets. Oh well. Maybe I need to log off for a while.

Bar Steward = Steve Kean

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Haha, yeah, bar steward = bastard.

That’s two people questioning my lingo in the last few days, maybe I’m the problem, haha.

This is great news and should spur the lads on for the win.

Party time tomorrow night I hope

Although I am baffled the club didn't go through with its cynical ploy to sell more tickets for beamback ?

is no one concerned that they beat us at Ewood?

I'm going to the game and want it to be special (for so many reasons)

Just seems that everyone is forgetting we're playing a team that has already bettered us.

Just now, barry_ said:

Just seems that everyone is forgetting we're playing a team that has already bettered us.

I cant see shrews beating the posh, so im fairly confident its a party no matter what

Just now, barry_ said:

Since that game we've lost 3 times in 41 league matches; they played us at just the right time when the players clearly underestimated what was expected of them to get out of this division (the right way).

3 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

I cant see shrews beating the posh, so im fairly confident its a party no matter what

Although it might be a touch anticlimactic if we don't do it with our own result. We really owe Doncaster a drubbing after what they did to us at Ewood.

20 minutes ago, barry_ said:

We were a very different animal then.  

Our league positions show we are the better side

Just now, OJRovers said:

Are we going to ask for more tickets if they sell out?

I didn't ask but personally don't think they'll get any more than that. In the past there has been another 400 or so in the side stands but I think they'll want to deter people travelling without tickets.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I didn't ask but personally don't think they'll get any more than that. In the past there has been another 400 or so in the side stands but I think they'll want to deter people travelling without tickets.

The Doncaster Rovers website says away tickets can only be purchased through BRFC, in effect, up to close of business today. No cash turnstiles tomorrow night. This was updated one hour ago.

This is at odds with that that was said by their liaison officer yesterday, ie away tickets could be bought on the night of the game from an office next to the away end.

With the extra allocation having been made so late in the day, I think our numbers will be what they are now.

If in doubt, ring Doncaster prior to travelling.

3 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The Doncaster Rovers website says away tickets can only be purchased through BRFC, in effect, up to close of business today. No cash turnstiles tomorrow night. This was updated one hour ago.

This is at odds with that that was said by their liaison officer yesterday, ie away tickets could be bought on the night of the game from an office next to the away end.

With the extra allocation having been made so late in the day, I think our numbers will be what they are now.

If in doubt, ring Doncaster prior to travelling.

Think it may have been a pay on the gate situation until they gave us those final few tickets today. Really can't see them giving more than the 3700 allocated.

51 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Yep I'm concerned we may not win but likewise I think posh will get something at shrews. I'll be checking phone for updates whilst watching rovers game 

Archived