SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Rovers 24th March

arbitro

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Giant said:

Great to be there tonight, excellent performance and job done. Sorry, but the second pitch invasion stopped the players coming out for a proper celebration. I know a lot of folk at the game felt the same. TM pleading over tannoy for them the get off the pitch was met with cheers from those who wanted to see players celebrating in safety.

I couldn't care less what you think. The invasion was great and good natured.  Although Bradders needed some security to get him to the tunnel. Great scenes 

Well done to all connected with Rovers. These type of days don't come round too often in football so enjoy the moment. 

Along with many others I was angry at the pillocks who went on to the pitch for a second time and then refused to go back to the stands. They are selfish in the extreme and denied the players the opportunity of savouring the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing if they are at Millwall, Ipswich and Norwich next season.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Along with many others I was angry at the pillocks who went on to the pitch for a second time and then refused to go back to the stands. They are selfish in the extreme and denied the players the opportunity of savouring the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing if they are at Millwall, Ipswich and Norwich next season.

Boo...miserable 

No problem with the pitch invasion, I did it myself, got a touch of King Brad, great stuff.

But why after going back into the stand did some charge back on for a second do, when the players were about to celebrate in front of us all, especially as Mowbray had just been on the microphone telling us to stay in the stand so they could celebrate with us.

A shame because there could have been a load of Flitcroft in 2001-esque photo ops.

Stuck in Sydney before my flight back on Thursday. Its ANZAC Day here which makes it  a very strange and slightly sombre day for me.

After the fight for Promotion, the Day After is usually quite a reflective day. My thoughts go back to Brentford last year and how we all felt at the vandalism of the previous 7 years.

Now the big result of this Season is how the fans have united again. The Rovers Trust still needs to be ready to take some form of control (however  limited) in the Club but I think we can be more supportive of the Club now in order to keep the momentum going. The Close Season will show the intentions of the Owners.

At 0700hrs this morning there were tears of relief we were UP....but  should we have been here in the first place?. Lets pack the Oxford match and try and get some of those lost Supporters back next Season. Proud to be 'forever Rovers'

Just now, Mattyblue said:

No problem with the pitch invasion, I did it myself, got a touch of King Brad, great stuff.

But why after going back into the stand did some charge back on for a second do, when the players were about to celebrate in front of us all, especially as Mowbray had just been on the microphone telling us to stay in the stand so they could celebrate with us.

A shame because there could have been a load of Flitcroft in 2001-esque photo ops.

That was what really irked me. Exuberance kicked in when the final whistle went which was fine but to do it again and deny the players and fans a real opportunity to celebrate was downright selfish.

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That was what really irked me. Exuberance kicked in when the final whistle went which was fine but to do it again and deny the players and fans a real opportunity to celebrate was downright selfish.

Agreed. Perhaps we'll get another chance if we win League One at Ewood ;)

Top night. When Shrews took the lead and we'd not nicked a goal, I thought it was going to be a disappointing end. Magical feeling when you saw the header bounce down off the bar and over the line as I'd started to believe it wasn't coming.

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

*Shrug sound*

The RELIEF and euphoria was palpable.

It annoyed me a little, yeah.

But come on... it was bloody joyous.

Well just got back from a day out to Donny with 6 Rovers. 4 of us have been pals since school days, supporting Rovers together and were all on the pitch in '75, both at Vale Park and Ewood in the final game that season. We were all together at Gigg Lane in '80 (but none of us remember going on the pitch). We were all together at Plymouth and Wembley in '92, Anfield in '95 but not on the pitch after any.

Anyway, at The Keapmoat Doncaster, we were all on the fecking pitch, it was totally spontaneous and as we're all almost into our sixties, must apologise  most profusely but we only did it the once but we couldn't contain ourselves but we should have known better.

A great night to be a Rover, emotions do get the better on occasions!

2 games still to go don't forget.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Edit: I'm talking bollocks to a degree because I've missed 2000 but it's late and been a bloody long day, hopefully most will get the drift!

I started following the club after venkys takeover. Ever since its been a series of disappointments . So this is the first time i am experiencing the happiness of getting a promotion. Lets hope we can replicate this next year in the championship and mount a promotion challenge. 

Also thank u to paul senior for appointing a top manager. 

5 hours ago, bob fleming said:

One defeat in 33 is it? Under 23s as champions?

What a fecking football club eh? I blame the agents. Well JAL is bound to anyway.

Actually, I blame Tony Mowbray, his team, and Damian Johnson and his team.

Maybe, just maybe, we’re into something good. ?

I think it's already a Club record of 13 away wins in one season, with one more away game still to come! :rover:

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

*Shrug sound*

The RELIEF and euphoria was palpable.

It annoyed me a little, yeah.

But come on... it was bloody joyous.

I understand that it was joyous. And I understand the initial pitch invasion. The others were unnecessary and spoilt it for lots of others including the players and Mowbray who himself tried to usher fans off and made an appeal. This was borne out of the chants of 'off, off' and loud booing.

1 hour ago, GanG2245 said:

I started following the club after venkys takeover. Ever since its been a series of disappointments . So this is the first time i am experiencing the happiness of getting a promotion. Lets hope we can replicate this next year in the championship and mount a promotion challenge. 

Also thank u to paul senior for appointing a top manager. 

Jesus.....

Archived